RC Battery
1080 10 2015-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lesmess
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2753402 ft
United Kingdom

I have recharged the controller a few times now with 2 or 3 lights remaining, I wanted to fully discharge the controller before recharging again.  (I assume you need to do this) The thing switches itself off after a few minutes of no activity.  Any way to do this without connecting the Inspire?  I have a thing about flying my inspire with the controller on less than three lights.
I have rechargable batteries in my Spectrum DX controller, I always recharge them after my second outing.  

Thanks for any advice.

2015-5-3
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Ive tried myself to find a solution but no joy. I really don't know what purpose an auto shut down on the TX serves other than put another link into a week chain. we need an option to turn it off for sure.
2015-5-3
Use props
fullyestablishe
lvl.2

United Kingdom

When my second controller bricked during update I tried to run it flat to see if I could jolt it back into a coherent state. After days of switching it on, it  then turning itself off  I gave up. I never even got close to running it flat.
2015-5-3
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Why does one need to discharge the li-polymer battery fully i thought the benefit of L-polymer unlike ni-cad and ni-metal was NO memory
2015-5-3
Use props
gds3d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 29646 ft
United States

I went to charge mine today and just one light is flashing and it doesn't seem to be charging.
Any ideas on what is happening?
2015-5-3
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Have to push the connector in hard to seat it properly
2015-5-3
Use props
lesmess
lvl.3
United Kingdom

arunmehta Posted at 2015-5-4 04:04
Why does one need to discharge the li-ion battery fully i thought the benefit of L-ion unlike ni-cad ...

It's a lipo battery in the controller.
2015-5-3
Use props
blackbox
lvl.3

Switzerland

One possibility would be to start the simulator and leave both the bird and RC on until discharged...
2015-5-3
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

blackbox Posted at 2015-5-4 15:36
One possibility would be to start the simulator and leave both the bird and RC on until discharged.. ...

Could do but that's a faff and I don't like everything just sitting there just cooking away.
2015-5-4
Use props
DJI-Bruce
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Hi, you don't need to discharge the Li-Po battery fully and then recharge it. Cause Li-Po batteries dont have any memory effect. Just recharge it at any power level.
2015-5-5
Use props
lesmess
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Bruce Posted at 2015-5-6 10:30
Hi, you don't need to discharge the Li-Po battery fully and then recharge it. Cause Li-Po batteries  ...

Ok thanks for the advice.
2015-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules