How big air space do you need for asteroid?
1883 6 2018-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vegardbeider
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11932 ft
Norway

Hi, I am wanting to buy the new mavic air. I have been using a phantom 3 standard for the last 2 years as my first drone. I really liked it, but I wanted something smaler and I thing the new mavic air is the right on for me. But have a questions I haven't got an answer to after reading and watching a thons of youtube videos about the drone. How much "space" do you need for the asteroid function. I don't wanna try it out the first day and end up craching my drone the first day.

Vegard
2018-2-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

From the DJI manual:  -
"Asteroid: The aircraft flies backward and upward to a point approximately 164 ft (50 m) above and 98 ft (30 m) away from the starting point. It takes several photos at that point before flying back to its starting point. The video generated starts with a panorama of the highest position and then shows the descent."
2018-2-27
Use props
Vegardbeider
lvl.1
Norway

A CW Posted at 2018-2-27 12:00
From the DJI manual:  -
"Asteroid: The aircraft flies backward and upward to a point approximately 164 ft (50 m) above and 98 ft (30 m) away from the starting point. It takes several photos at that point before flying back to its starting point. The video generated starts with a panorama of the highest position and then shows the descent."

Thanks for your fast answer. I hope the drone comes in stock soon so I can get my hands on one.
2018-2-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Vegardbeider Posted at 2018-2-27 12:03
Thanks for your fast answer. I hope the drone comes in stock soon so I can get my hands on one.

Check your nearest Apple store - they have them in stock for next day delivery in the UK.
2018-2-27
Use props
Vegardbeider
lvl.1
Norway

A CW Posted at 2018-2-27 12:05
Check your nearest Apple store - they have them in stock for next day delivery in the UK.

Thanks, but I live in Norway. But the stores I have been looking in says they should be in stock in the end of thhis week. Thanks again.
2018-2-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Vegardbeider Posted at 2018-2-27 12:06
Thanks, but I live in Norway. But the stores I have been looking in says they should be in stock in the end of thhis week. Thanks again.

Cool - be sure to get one fast and post some footage on here once you've found your feet. I suggest you read the manual too whilst your waiting so you can fly it once everything is unboxed, charged and updated.
2018-2-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thanks for A CW's help, always check the manual there might be much useful info there. Vegard, according to the DJI Store, if you place the order now, the estimated delivery time is 5-9 working days after payment confirmation. Hope you can have a Mavic Air soon.
2018-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules