What's up with the "floating around" ....please help.
994 6 2015-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fhagan02
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1854908 ft
United States

Everytime turn around (yaw) when hovering my one of my Phantom 2's foats off 6-8 meters...then floats back to the original location in space....then stays put and hovers. This floating off and then back takes about 8-10 loooong seconds. Irritating when filming a shot. I have another P2 that after yawing it might float of 1 meter...or less...or none. Turns on a dime for the most part. What's wrong with my other Phantom 2? Before I start shooting in the dark, recalibrating everything, pulling my hair out etc. I thought I'd ask for help or suggestions from you guys.

Thank you an advance.
2015-5-3
Use props
I. P. Freely
lvl.4

United States

You might want to place the Phantom on a very level surface and do an Advanced IMU Calibration.  That might help.
2015-5-3
Use props
fhagan02
lvl.4
United States

I. P. Freely Posted at 2015-5-4 02:11
You might want to place the Phantom on a very level surface and do an Advanced IMU Calibration.  Tha ...

I.P. Freely thanks for responding. I'll give it a shot. I've completed many successful advanced IMU calibrations. Tolerances are good, flight handling is good, etc. Everything is good for the excepting of this 8 meter horizontal float issue. Would be that big of an issue if I hadn't purchased both set ups for aerial filming. Really looking hard at the P3.
2015-5-3
Use props
I. P. Freely
lvl.4

United States

Mine had some real issues after yaw input when I first got it.  The Advanced IMU Calibration worked pretty well for me. It took off several times and almost crashed.  So much better now!
2015-5-3
Use props
I. P. Freely
lvl.4

United States

I applied for my Exceptions with the FAA so I might do video for money.  Perhaps rural real estate video.
2015-5-3
Use props
fhagan02
lvl.4
United States

I. P. Freely Posted at 2015-5-4 06:42
I applied for my Exceptions with the FAA so I might do video for money.  Perhaps rural real estate v ...

Good to hear and probably a good discussion to start. It was my understanding that one of the FAA's new mandates for anyone making money off of aerials was that a certified airplane pilot had to be present while the flying/filming took place. What's the skinny on this?
2015-5-3
Use props
I. P. Freely
lvl.4

United States

No, It can be a granted Exception.
2015-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules