1134 5 2018-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Papoega
lvl.1
Flight distance : 286211 ft
Netherlands

Hi all,

I am a fairly new drone pilot and my spark is my very first drone. I bought it around 5 months ago and have +/- 10 flight hours on it now.
Since yesterday i noticed that my spark will drift of to the right while flying "straight" forward and i have no idea why it does that.

When drifting of to the right, the camera keeps facing forward so i doubt the drone is "turning" but more likely sliding.

I have tried to

• Calibrate the compass
  • Calibrate the IMU
  • Calibrate the controller sticks

I am on the latest firmware and IOS app so no upthere there.

I do not have DJI Care

Any other suggestions i could try?
Maybe a faulty drone or hardware failure?

Regards and thanks in advance!
2018-2-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. I would recommend you flash the firmware of your spark. Did you try to fly in a place without wind? Please fly in a recommended environment and keep us updated. If the problem remains, please export the flight data and the black box for analysis. You can upload it to dropbox and post the link here. Thanks for your support.

2018-2-27
Use props
Papoega
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi Elektra,

When i noticed its behaviour, there was almost no wind and as for as i can tell, no other signals interfering.

I will try to post my flight data asap.

Thank you!
2018-2-28
Use props
Sparky111
New

United Kingdom

Papoega Posted at 2018-2-28 13:51
Hi Elektra,

When i noticed its behaviour, there was almost no wind and as for as i can tell, no other signals interfering.

Any joy with this papoega? Mine is doing the same. No wind at all, everything calibrated and no updates to install, only 2 weeks old and there is considerable drift when going perfectly straight forward on the controller
2018-3-8
Use props
Papoega
lvl.1
Netherlands

Sparky111 Posted at 2018-3-8 15:24
Any joy with this papoega? Mine is doing the same. No wind at all, everything calibrated and no updates to install, only 2 weeks old and there is considerable drift when going perfectly straight forward on the controller

Hi Sparky, nothing yet, i still have to find some spare time to collect the logs. We had a daughter 3 monhts ago so since then im lucky i have 1 hour a day to myself

I have a few days of now so i will try to simulate this behaviour in clear weather conditions and hopefully i am able to reproduce and record it. After that i will post it over here so stay tuned...

Regards,
2018-3-8
Use props
Papoega
lvl.1
Netherlands

So today i had a small window to test it out in clear weather conditions, no wind what soever.

See the clip below:

2018-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules