After crash error.
1246 6 2015-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
espen.gundersen
lvl.1

Norway

Hey.
I had an accident woth my drone. I had it up in the air in my hands to test if everything was working with the engine and so on. Than i took it in the air and i was taking it arond a little bir (With leds Red and grenn). Than suddenly the drone just went to one side and slide down (fast) and i was trying to stear it opposite (to make it steady) but it just turned on the way down. I was trying to get a "smouth landing" but it went pretty fast down (about 15-20 meters fall). I went to see to it but it`s seems fysicle fine. I took with the part home and taked a look at it. I open it and tryed to start. But when i start it it got a fast yellow light and go over in the sound you get when you hard reset it. But without red flash. So i go over it and not seems to be the biggest damage on the electonics card and parts. No melted, and the soldiering seems not damaged.
I have now tried to hard set it, but the Phantom cannot get contact with the computer trought the usb.

I hopet that it`s just the one of the engines or the card before that was broke, but it´s seems worse than that.

Have anyone experience like this? Is it just to by a new flight controller or is there something else that can be wrong. For me it seems like the Phantom brain has gotten maybye a little damage that do that it cant´t start.

Its a DJI Phantom 2 Vision + with v3. something. (the newest one).  And I´m flying in Phantom mode...
2015-5-3
Use props
jmtw000
lvl.3

United States

Are the motors not starting or is it not powering up at all? You said you opened it and tried to start it. The motors won't start if the GPS module is not connected.
2015-5-4
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

First thing I would do is connect to the assistant software, if no physical damage is noted, and check remote control operation and calibration. The yellow colors flashing is compass calibration. but I would go through the RC calibration, IMU calibration and then verify operation ... with props removed. If all goes well then, when ready to fly do a compass calibration and make sure you get satellite lock before taking off.
2015-5-4
Use props
espen.gundersen
lvl.1

Norway

Hey.
The engine is not starting no. And The RC assistance software can`t connect to the phantom.

When i was looking over it the olny thing that maybye has taken a little damage is the tranmitter (the square with the two antenna plugs going in on). But its not bad(i think).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rx18f3 ... 504_162606.mp4?dl=0
The video when i try to start it.
As you can see. It´s just a short yellow light and than when you expect red light, nothing.

?dl=0
The pictures of the damaged tranmitter. you see that it´s a little bent on the top.
2015-5-4
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Good news . From the vjideo I see that you did not have the GPS plugged in. It won't start with out that being plugged in. Plug in the GPS cable and se if she will start then.
2015-5-4
Use props
espen.gundersen
lvl.1

Norway

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-5-5 08:58
Good news . From the vjideo I see that you did not have the GPS plugged in. It won't start with out  ...

i\m sorry.
The video is just illustrating how the sound and light is going. It\s the same with the GPS on But i\m just gona order a new Brain.
2015-5-5
Use props
espen.gundersen
lvl.1

Norway

One more thing. The Naza M2 module. Do that get`s power from the usb also or just the build in V-send port from the card? When I now try to connect the Naza M2 in to the "LED" port on the NAZA nothing happend, and now i know that it`s not the flight controller. But when I read on the manual for the NAZA it`s stand that this port is just for firmware installing... Do that meen that the NAZA have to get power just from the V-send from the card?  Because when i measure the output on the card (red  orange and bround) I`m just getting 1,5 volt where it`s shud be 5 volt (between red and bround), And the same on the "signal send outp".
First of all, does that meen that it`s the card that`s wrong that can`t start the NAZA? And second, Does this meen that i can`t read out any fault before i getting this card up and running?
2015-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules