X7 stuck pointing forward (no stabilization)
1639 4 2018-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
3x3q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 815666 ft
United States

I consider myself to be an advanced troubleshooter. I've been working on this problem for a few days now, and I can't figure out how the hell to fix it.

The X7 was performing perfectly for me for about 2 weeks. I had it in the air flying and recording video, landed it normally (as I have done 10,000 times before), and when I took it back off again, the X7 gimbal appeared to not have any stabilization at all. The X7 just appeared to be pointing forward, and there was no way for me to take it out of this "FPV" mode. Video feed is fine, focus and camera adjustment is fine. It just won't move from pointing straight forward.

Instinctively, I went to auto-calibrate the gimbal, but it froze at 20%. I've tried auto-calibration numerous times, and it freezes at 20% every time. When I go to select a different gimbal mode, nothing happens. It doesn't appear to be a motor problem, as all three axes provide resistance when moving it with my hand while stuck in this "FPV" mode. The X7 boots up just like it normally did when turning the drone on.

I reinstalled the latest firmware. Downgraded firmware. Reupgraded firmware. Reset to factory settings. Nothing seems to be working.

My gut is telling me that this is a software issue, but I'm not positive. I will need a replacement ASAP, so I'll be contacting DJI in the morning for an expedited replacement, regardless of it potentially being a software issue.

Anyone else having this problem?
2018-2-28
Use props
Dinos6
lvl.2

Russia

Had the same issue with X7 - no stab, pointed straight forward. Removed camera from drone and mounted it again carefully. It helped immediately. Check mounting contacts and try to mount camera with 2 persons with 90 degrees drone (hold drone 90 degrees to land - for me it is the safest way of mounting). Hope this is the only mounting problem for you   
2018-2-28
Use props
3x3q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 815666 ft
United States

Unfortunately, I have tried this as well; connecting the gimbal at 90 degrees, upside down. Applying a bit of force at times just to make sure the contacts are properly touching. At least 100 times, I've disconnected and reconnected it. I've even cleaned the metal contacts on both ends with a brush and cloth.

Again, it's worth reiterating that this drone has never been in a crash, had a hard landing, had the gimbal disturbed while on... nothing physical at all.

DJI, I'd love some input on this if you have any.
2018-2-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

3x3q Posted at 2018-2-28 11:22
Unfortunately, I have tried this as well; connecting the gimbal at 90 degrees, upside down. Applying a bit of force at times just to make sure the contacts are properly touching. At least 100 times, I've disconnected and reconnected it. I've even cleaned the metal contacts on both ends with a brush and cloth.

Again, it's worth reiterating that this drone has never been in a crash, had a hard landing, had the gimbal disturbed while on... nothing physical at all.

Hi, there. I think there is something wrong with your camera. I would recommend you contact our support and send it back for further check: http://www.dji.com/support Thanks for your support.
2018-3-1
Use props
PSlats
lvl.1
Flight distance : 456381 ft
Australia

We've just run into the exact same issue on a job - very annoying... can't seem to fix it.

We're running an X5s.

From what I'm reading here - there is no easy fix?  It needs to go back?
2021-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules