Your welcome
2018-3-4
Use props
djiuser_KFJ3ZIPPdigz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102621 ft
Australia

HenryHM Posted at 2018-3-4 04:14
Would not the battery life degrades over the days/months so what you are able to do at one stage you won't be later on?

The battery was fairly new (I just bought the AC for 3 months) and everytime I got 23 min flying time with about 10-12% left battery when back home.
2018-3-4
Use props
HenryHM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795404 ft
Australia

djiuser_KFJ3ZIPPdigz Posted at 2018-3-4 21:04
The battery was fairly new (I just bought the AC for 3 months) and everytime I got 23 min flying time with about 10-12% left battery when back home.

were you able to find the drone?
2018-3-4
Use props
djiuser_KFJ3ZIPPdigz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102621 ft
Australia

Unfortunately no...I was approaching DJI if they can detect other people turning it on and using it, they said they cannot track even it was used by others. Which leads me to think we could just fake crash and claim one easily.
2018-3-5
Use props
ghostrdr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

You have to return the crashed drone to make a claim.
2018-3-5
Use props
Dorset_Horn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93379 ft
United Kingdom

I wonder how this resolved?
2020-3-31
Use props
djiuser_6EyMvVFZLQIR
New

Guadeloupe

djiuser_KFJ3ZIPPdigz Posted at 2018-2-28 20:36
The final move of the aircraft should be return home but not auto landing even the user cannot control it. I'm pretty sure if it returns home (even I cannot control it) it will be safe. But auto land and that user cannot control or stop is very dangerous. I was very panic and depressed that I will kill someone. I hope your designated team would give me a reasonable follow up but not keep saying it's user fault only.

Same thing happened to our drone worst is it’s way closer to us and the battery was 36 percent it didn’t even alarm of low battery it’s just says force landing we tried to cancel but didn’t work so it’s crashed anyway
2021-4-4
Use props
djiuser_4QlOVOq2aL7U
lvl.1
Italy

My new FPV has forced landed some days ago at less than 100m from home point and 30mt hight, at 10% battery!! Since the home point was a high terrace, it burned more battery to force landing than to come back.

It landed at 9% and I had the drone in line of sight.

What is the sense of force landing risking a complete loss to be able to loss (!!!) the drone at 9% battery remaining?

We are not taking about avoiding falling due to 0%, which I can understand.

We are talking about a complete wrong evaluation of autonomy and an unreversible wrong decision to override pilot mission putting the drone in a quite sure loss.

I fortunately find a court to land but often I fly over a lake!

Was so silly to recover my forced landing FPV with still 9% of battery, landed at 60/70m from me.

It could land safely at home point in probably 20 more seconds of flight.

More incredible thing is that there's no way to recover control or to setup differently this behaviour.

Ps. I was flying slow in N
2023-5-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_4QlOVOq2aL7U Posted at 5-20 10:01
My new FPV has forced landed some days ago at less than 100m from home point and 30mt hight, at 10% battery!! Since the home point was a high terrace, it burned more battery to force landing than to come back.

It landed at 9% and I had the drone in line of sight.

Hello, there. The calculation is done by the flight controller. If the battery level only supports the aircraft to descend from the current altitude, then the aircraft will land automatically. You can read more details about the Low Battery RTH in the User Manual(P.18). Here is the link: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf
Please pay attention to the battery level when you are using it.
2023-5-21
Use props
djiuser_4QlOVOq2aL7U
lvl.1
Italy

Thanks Wanda for your reply.
I've read the manual with attention before flight, so I knew what you've underline in red.
My only concern is an abnormal pessimistic evaluation of that "power enough just to land at a given altitude".

I don't want to splash my drone for a forced landing at 10% when it can reach the home point and land at 8%. My drone landed at exactly 150m from me, and has still a lot of battery left! A lot, 8%!

The DJI FPV drains, in favourable condition and speed, 6% of battery to cover 1.000m (1km)!!

I don't want to see my drone force landing al 10% when it is 150m far from me while it can still fly 1.000m and after that have still 4% remaining.

I know that is very rare, for the developers, to refine this automatic and irreversible "evaluation of power enough to land" on a 2 years old aircraft but since it can produce catastrophic events, I hope at least to add the possibility to override that behaviour on a future firmware.
2023-6-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_4QlOVOq2aL7U Posted at 6-4 13:33
Thanks Wanda for your reply.
I've read the manual with attention before flight, so I knew what you've underline in red.
My only concern is an abnormal pessimistic evaluation of that "power enough just to land at a given altitude".

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Currently, the low-battery RTH logic works as stated in the User Manual. We will forward your feedback to our engineers. If you want to fly manually to the Home Point, you can switch to Manual Mode.
2023-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules