A few questions
1067 6 2015-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ntfa
lvl.4

United States

The startup of the phantom is pretty loud. A series of beeps. Can this be disabled or made quieter?  I have a two year old and would like to look at some of the features at night after she goes to bed (it's my time of the night).  I can see this booting up and making lots of noise.

second.  I have an ipad mini with only wifi.  How to I get the map to cache the location?    And this applies to where I will be taking it.  I plan on taking the device to my farm where I don't have wifi for the ipad mini.  Is there a way to pull up the location and store it?  Or how do you do this?  I do have an Iphone 6 with cell service as a back up but would like to use the ipad mini 2.  Thanks.
2015-5-3
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unfortunately you cannot quiet the startup sequence.  I also have a iPad mini 2 with wifi only.  You need to go into the App and enable cache maps.  Then while connected to your wifi network scroll to the area you are going to fly from and go to the highest resolution then move around to make sure that your entire flying area is covered.  When you go there the GPS of the craft will locate your position on the previously cached map.
2015-5-3
Use props
john.lambert4
lvl.3

Australia

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-4 12:18
Unfortunately you cannot quiet the startup sequence.  I also have a iPad mini 2 with wifi only.  You ...

Could ntfa also tether his iPad mini to his iPhone for "live" maps view, provided he has cellular coverage at the time?
2015-5-3
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

john.lambert4@o Posted at 2015-5-4 12:20
Could ntfa also tether his iPad mini to his iPhone for "live" maps view, provided he has cellular  ...

He could but why introduce additional interference.  Wifi is on 2.4gHz as is the Lightbridge system.  You do not need to do it.  Now if you wanted to power the P3 and connect to the hotspot before you flew to download the maps and then turn it off, I see no problem.  I just would not fly with it on.
2015-5-3
Use props
ntfa
lvl.4

United States

thank you.   That's answers my question.  I'll cache my locations in which I intend to fly.
2015-5-4
Use props
john.lambert4
lvl.3

Australia

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-4 13:08
He could but why introduce additional interference.  Wifi is on 2.4gHz as is the Lightbridge system ...

That makes perfect sense actually!  Thanks for the advice mate.  :-)
2015-5-4
Use props
imwhitey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1921493 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-4 13:08
He could but why introduce additional interference.  Wifi is on 2.4gHz as is the Lightbridge system ...

Thanks for the tip, Ed!
2015-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules