Faulty Osmo mobile 2.See my video !
3247 9 2018-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigguns
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26106 ft
United Kingdom

Whilst recording a comparison video between the Osmo mobile 2 and the Smooth Q the Osmo decided to start vibrating violently every time the gimbal was lowered.
Both gimbals had a Galaxy note 8 attached to them and both were balanced perfectly beforehand.The only way i could get the DJI to stop vibrating was to turn it off.

Not happy at all as this is the second DJI product i have owned (first being a drone) and both products have been faulty.It doesn’t look good that when doing a comparison video that the more expensive DJI product starts to play up.

So now i have a very expensive lady pleaser,at least if it had been a couple of weeks back i could have given it to the Mrs as a valentines gift.

Anyway here is a short video showing the fault,i also have footage of the issue shot from the smooth Qs perspective but i have not uploaded that yet.

2018-2-28
Use props
fans26b0ab88
lvl.1
Flight distance : 277920 ft
United States

How well balanced did you have it?
2018-2-28
Use props
Bigguns
lvl.3
United Kingdom

fans26b0ab88 Posted at 2018-2-28 12:23
How well balanced did you have it?

It was perfectly balanced.
2018-2-28
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Can you send me a personal message on this issue? When responding, please include what version of firmware you are using as well as the type of mobile device you have.
2018-2-28
Use props
Bigguns
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Well I have just been told by a mod that the problem could have been that I was not using the DJI app and using the phones own camera could be the issue as the gimbal is meant to be onl/y used with the DJI app for the gimbal to work properly LOL

I then explained that I just reset everything and and used the DJI app and the problem is still happening and was then advised for it to go for repair.

No chance I’m letting that happen on a product that I’ve only just got,so it is going back for a full refund at Apple UK and will stick with the Smooth Q and will let everyone know in my comparison review what I think of DJI,staff telling people that you have to use the DJI app or it won’t work and then told that a brand item has to go for repair and not an exchange,what a joke !
2018-2-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bigguns Posted at 2018-2-28 15:58
Well I have just been told by a mod that the problem could have been that I was not using the DJI app and using the phones own camera could be the issue as the gimbal is meant to be onl/y used with the DJI app for the gimbal to work properly LOL

I then explained that I just reset everything and and used the DJI app and the problem is still happening and was then advised for it to go for repair.

No issues on other apps with mine.
2018-2-28
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

Bigguns Posted at 2018-2-28 15:58
Well I have just been told by a mod that the problem could have been that I was not using the DJI app and using the phones own camera could be the issue as the gimbal is meant to be onl/y used with the DJI app for the gimbal to work properly LOL

That's an unacceptable response from DJi.  I'm sorry no disrespect to them, but I have gotten way better results staying away from the DJI Go app.  Several YouTube review videos have confirmed that the gimbal works best when using with other apps.  The DJI app is good for calibration and that's about it and for hyperlapses.  It's not reliable.  It doesn't recognize its own gimbal sometimes. Also,the app is very limited if you want to use higher frame rates and bitrate.  Sounds you need to replace or return your gimbal.  And yes, I agree with you on the smooth q.  I use it more than the OM2.  I haven't given up  on DJI.  I hope they realize their app is very limited when it comes to recording needs and don't allow their customers to take full advantage of what could be the best gimbal app out there.  
2018-3-1
Use props
Bigguns
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Joemar7 Posted at 2018-3-1 07:33
That's an unacceptable response from DJi.  I'm sorry no disrespect to them, but I have gotten way better results staying away from the DJI Go app.  Several YouTube review videos have confirmed that the gimbal works best when using with other apps.  The DJI app is good for calibration and that's about it and for hyperlapses.  It's not reliable.  It doesn't recognize its own gimbal sometimes. Also,the app is very limited if you want to use higher frame rates and bitrate.  Sounds you need to replace or return your gimbal.  And yes, I agree with you on the smooth q.  I use it more than the OM2.  I haven't given up  on DJI.  I hope they realize their app is very limited when it comes to recording needs and don't allow their customers to take full advantage of what could be the best gimbal app out there.

The impression I get from DJI is that they don’t really care much for customer satisfaction,not unless you are someone like Casey Neistat and then they will throw free goods at you to get a good name,and I’m pretty sure if someone like Casey was to get a faulty unit it would be replaced ASAP !

I’m not a big YouTuber,but my last comparison video I made got 28k views,so hopefully a good number of people will see my DJI Osmo vs Smooth Q comparison,and it’s not going to look good when it fails within 2 minutes of being turned on,and then when I let everyone know I was told you have to use the DJI app for it to work properly !

I have now requested a return from Apple of the Osmo 2

If at anytime DJI want to do the right thing and send me another gimbal to test in my comparison then they maybe able to redeem themselves,but I won’t hold my breath !
2018-3-1
Use props
senatorkelley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 450525 ft
United States

My Osmo 2 has done this twice on my so far. I also purchased this from Apple, And I was using the DJI go app. It's still rare that it happens that i'm not too concerned, I'm guessing my S7 wasn't balanced correctly? a shutoff and restart resolves the issue and usually doesn't come back. I'll report back if its more frequent.

I take it Apple wont do a return or exchange, I have to deal with DJI directly, in that case i'll work with the 1 year warranty.
2018-3-9
Use props
TaxNL
New

Netherlands

This is what happend to me, same as above.
IphoneX.
It happend twice, hope it is a software issue. After turning off my iPhone and turning it on, the problem did not excist anymore (for the time being).

(can't seem to upload a video file)
2018-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules