Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Palm landing sometimes not working (HELP)
3166 19 2018-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Djay101
lvl.2
Australia

I'm in gesture mode took a photo waved it back and now the landing part when I put my hand under the drone just gets higher and higher until I cant reach it then I get back to my remote and manually land it!
2018-2-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. Please ensure that you have the right process, if you keep failing to complete the step, please export the flight data and the black box for analysis.  You can upload it to dropbox and post the link here. Thanks for your support.
gesture mode.PNG
2018-3-1
Use props
rimza
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3307 ft
Brunei

By the way do make sure you use the app to put it into gesture mode. Try using your palm first directly infront of the Spark to make sure that it recognizes it  and it gesture mode note the LED which should be green ( i think). Then put your palm beneath the Spark and keep it still until it recognize it and drops to your palm.

When you position your palm beneath the Spark and it rises as it is a normal behaviour if it is not in gesture mode.
2018-3-1
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

Stick your palm under the spark without changing the height of your palm quickly and wait until it lands.
2018-3-1
Use props
Cookster670
lvl.4
Australia

I gave up on the palm landing....too much hit and miss and fiddling around with gesture mode.

Just fly it towards you.  Rotate it so it’s facing away from you, then grab it from behind and tilt it 90degrees  to cut the motors.

Don’t do it from the front otherwise it will climb as it senses your hand (which is what is happening to you now)
2018-3-1
Use props
KurtVD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 365299 ft
Switzerland

Cookster670 Posted at 2018-3-1 02:55
I gave up on the palm landing....too much hit and miss and fiddling around with gesture mode.

Just fly it towards you.  Rotate it so it’s facing away from you, then grab it from behind and tilt it 90degrees  to cut the motors.

Yes, gesture mode can be hit and miss sometimes...

As for the landing, I've been using "your" procedure for a while, but now I've found that it's easier, once that the Spark hovers close to me, to initiate the landing from the RC and then quickly slide my hand under it, and it will gently land on it.
2018-3-1
Use props
munchausen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 890217 ft
Norway

Changing mode is a hassle. If you don't dare to grab it from the air, you can also try to forceland on your palm, I always do that.
2018-3-1
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

If it does not work then just use the old fashioned way of landing. No one has ever had problems with it even before palm landing came out
2018-3-1
Use props
Ram-UK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132648 ft
United Kingdom

You have to keep your palm steady until it lands as any movement could trigger your AC to avoid thinking it's an obstruction. This has happened to me few times. Now I learned it after breaking a pair of propellers when tried it inside my house.

When you practice gesture mode always use the propeller guards. It saves your propellers and your fingers if anything goes wrong.
2018-3-1
Use props
Arnor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

SOUNDWAVE439 Posted at 2018-3-1 05:06
If it does not work then just use the old fashioned way of landing. No one has ever had problems with it even before palm landing came out

I use palm landing when I take off from a boat and want to land back. Normal landing is almost impossible due to the constant movement of the boat.

For some reasons, I also have sometimes trouble to get it back on my hand as it fly up when putting my hand beneath it.
2018-3-1
Use props
Cookster670
lvl.4
Australia

KurtVD Posted at 2018-3-1 04:39
Yes, gesture mode can be hit and miss sometimes...

As for the landing, I've been using "your" procedure for a while, but now I've found that it's easier, once that the Spark hovers close to me, to initiate the landing from the RC and then quickly slide my hand under it, and it will gently land on it.

That's a good idea actually.    I was trying to catch the spark from a small boat in a choppy water the the other day.   It was tricky (and quite funny) because the boat was going up and down making it very hard to grab.    Your method would have made that a bit easier I think.
2018-3-1
Use props
Djay101
lvl.2
Australia

everything else works palm take of and follows my hand except for palm landing
2018-3-1
Use props
Djay101
lvl.2
Australia

DJT_MVSP Posted at 2018-3-1 02:48
Stick your palm under the spark without changing the height of your palm quickly and wait until it lands.

tried that before
2018-3-1
Use props
Djay101
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-1 00:11
Hi, there. Please ensure that you have the right process, if you keep failing to complete the step, please export the flight data and the black box for analysis.  You can upload it to dropbox and post the link here. Thanks for your support.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngEHdAlAh9A

do you need all the data or just one or i need to try palm land in one?
2018-3-1
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Try your hand further away/below the Spark.  I think it needs to recognize that it is a hand under it.  If it sees the hand lost in the background, so it doesn't look like a hand, it will avoid it.  
2018-3-1
Use props
Djay101
lvl.2
Australia

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-3-1 16:56
Try your hand further away/below the Spark.  I think it needs to recognize that it is a hand under it.  If it sees the hand lost in the background, so it doesn't look like a hand, it will avoid it.

ok ill try that
2018-3-1
Use props
Hddeuce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128261 ft
United States

When I need to "land" it in my palm, I simply grab it from the bottom and flip it over...it shuts off instantly.
2018-3-1
Use props
Djay101
lvl.2
Australia

Thanks, Gunship I didn't place my hand below enough for it to sense (PLOBLEM SOLVED) SHOUT OUT TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED
2018-3-3
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Djay101 Posted at 2018-3-1 13:17
do you need all the data or just one or i need to try palm land in one?

Glad you solve it. Have fun!
2018-3-5
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also don't trust palm landing in gesture mode. BUT you don't need to point it away from you when landing. I think the landing while it faces you is a great ending video that I like to capture. To land in my palm I just put the Spark directly over me. Hold the remote in my left hand and pull down on left joystick and catch it in my right hand. I just made a video of this yesterday. Here you go:

2018-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules