iPad mini 4 "CPU fully loaded". Cheap Android alternative?
1929 12 2018-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pasta Rhymes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19304 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi there,

in recent months my iPad mini 4, iPad Air and my iPhone 6S have become too weak to run the DJI Go 4 app. I am using the Phantom 4 Pro.
Almost immediately after I turn it on i get the "Mobile device CPU fully loaded" message and the image transmission stops working.

Is this CPU error message just a bug or have my iOS  devices really become obsolete? I don't really feel like spending  hundreds of dollars on another iPad.

Are there any reliable Android tablets out there that work with DJI Go 4 and ideally Litchi as well?

2018-3-1
Use props
Tripp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2241401 ft
United States

I have been using the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 with very good results with my P4p.  I have seen that warning when using my MP using an iPad Mini2.  Sadly, it seems like new versions of the Go App can make a device that used to work perfectly become too slow to run the software.
2018-3-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Pasta, the reminder of "Device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected" is a new app feature, which can detect the usage of the CPU for the mobile device. Please keep the mobile devices from the direct sunlight, and clean the storage to see whether it helps.
2018-3-1
Use props
djiuser_iGJqCoTNTQSa
lvl.4
United States

There is absolutely zero reason for an iPad Mini 4 to be too weak to run Go 4. I'm guessing you never clear your cache.
2018-3-1
Use props
Tripp
lvl.4
United States

This video might help  
2018-3-2
Use props
Pasta Rhymes
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I should have mentioned that this iPad mini 4 is my dedicated drone tablet with almost no other apps on it. I've been flying drones for almost 3 years now. Before every flight I clear the cache and make sure no other app runs in the background. I even tried rebooting the iPad prior to each flight and I have over 10GB of free space. Still, every single time I get choppy video transmission and loss of signal. That problem wasn't there before DJI GO 4. What else can I do?
2018-3-3
Use props
Tripp
lvl.4
United States

That is discouraging.  Your iPad model number is A1538  or A1550?
2018-3-3
Use props
Pasta Rhymes
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Yes sir, it is. Model number is A1538.
2018-3-4
Use props
billnelson
lvl.2
United States

Crickets from DJI. I've flown P3 and P4, P4Pro - all with my trusty iPad 4 mini - and have NEVER experienced the video dropout and CPU loading phenomenon until this new 'feature' was rolled out. Take a quick peek and you can see experienced flyers have been grousing about this job-ruining issue for several years. I can't WAIT unit another software/firmware update clears this up once and for all. OR, another company with more interest in their user base than their bottom line steps up to provide the reliability that pros require.
2020-5-18
Use props
billnelsonnelsonmedia.com
lvl.2
United States

Update: this morning while flying my drone I encountered this CPU loaded error. Immediately landed and closed out the DJI go app. Launched it again, and took off. No problem afterward. Go figure!
2020-5-21
Use props
fansb8c31278
lvl.1

United States

Has anyone come up with a fix for this yet I have same issue with my iPad mini 4 with the go fly app for the mavic air 2?
2020-5-30
Use props
Mark Turner
lvl.2
United Kingdom

watching with interest as I have the same set up/issue. No issues using the mini 4 when I had the P4 or mavic air 1.. Just done th latest round of updates so will see what effect that has in due course...Forgot to add the screen is sluggish to respond to commands.. Works ok with my iphone 8
2020-8-15
Use props
EleJota
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1113307 ft
Spain

I have the same problem using my mavic 2 pro I use ipad mini 4 128gb with the free cache last version of the djigo4 app and last version of the ipados 13.6 operating system months ago I had no problem using my ipad mini 4 ... could you be problem because of ipados 13.6?
It always fails me when I turn on the drone, first, the cpu overloaded warning appears and then there is a lot of lag in the image and it is impossible to fly.

I have a Oneplus 5T Android I have never had a problem with any kind of overloaded cpu warning.
2020-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules