843 10 2018-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
richimelo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33133 ft
Costa Rica

Hello,

I'm new to the Mavic Air and drones in general, today I did a test flight in a small open field, and I got a lot of weird warnings:

-Number of GPS satellites unstable
-Warning of interferance
-Warning of max flight distance reached, even when not flying more than 25meters away, the setting in the controller is set to 120m height and 8000 in distance
-Lost control of the drone a few times

Please refer to the video below and see what I'm talking about, is this behavior normal?

Best regards

2018-3-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're flying a drone with a WiFi transmission in a small field between a built up area causing interference and in close proximity to an NFZ. It could have been a lot worse.
Best solution to this is to move to a totally different flight location in an open area and miles from a NFZ.
2018-3-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You were having weak gps signal which will cause aircraft to be unstable and not able to hold its position. Signal problems are likely to be caused by area and interference in the area your flying in, I have to ask did you drop the antenna legs before taking off, you also have the option to fly 5.8ghz which will preform better in areas of high interference.
I would advise when you receive these constant warnings that you terminate your flight and move to a better envoirment .
2018-3-1
Use props
richimelo
lvl.1
Costa Rica

Yes, I did drop the antenas, also pointed the controller antennas towards the drone, I didn't try the 5.8Ghz option this frequency has less range am I right?

I'm going to try again this weekend on a different location
2018-3-1
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

richimelo Posted at 2018-3-1 12:44
Yes, I did drop the antenas, also pointed the controller antennas towards the drone, I didn't try the 5.8Ghz option this frequency has less range am I right?

I'm going to try again this weekend on a different location

You might also consider setting your distance limit to 2000, just to be on the safe side.
2018-3-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

richimelo Posted at 2018-3-1 12:44

I'm going to try again this weekend on a different location

Less range but less susceptible to interference in built up areas - better suited for the environment you were flying in whilst keeping the drone in clear visual line of sight (within 500m).
2018-3-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Richimelo, please refer to the answers above, try to fly the drone in a different location, please do calibrate the compass before taking off. And for the distance limit, just to verify, you are not in beginner mode, right? Please help to make a further test, first try to refresh the latest firmware, fly the drone in a different open place, avoid flying in a NFZ. Please keep us updated if the issue persists, your flight data from the drone will be helpful for analyzing the issue. Thank you.
2018-3-2
Use props
richimelo
lvl.1
Costa Rica

Thank you for your reply, I checked the beginner mode option and it's turned off, checking in the DJI web page I see I'm pretty far away from the NFZ, I don't know why it keeps giving that warning, see the picture below, I'm flying in the area I marked in black

2018-3-2
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

See above response
2018-3-2
Use props
Sasquad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

Just a thought here, and I might be misinterpreting what you are saying. However,You mentioned you "pointed" the antenna at the drone. You don't want to point them at the drone but leave them at a 90 degree angle. "straight up" on the controller. Basically you just rotate them straight up and keep the controller pointed toward the drone. If you flattened them out and point them at the quad, your signal is going Upward, and not "outward" see the tutorial vids this.
2018-3-2
Use props
richimelo
lvl.1
Costa Rica

Sasquad Posted at 2018-3-2 09:19
Just a thought here, and I might be misinterpreting what you are saying. However,You mentioned you "pointed" the antenna at the drone. You don't want to point them at the drone but leave them at a 90 degree angle. "straight up" on the controller. Basically you just rotate them straight up and keep the controller pointed toward the drone. If you flattened them out and point them at the quad, your signal is going Upward, and not "outward" see the tutorial vids this.

I think I didn't explain that point, I'm leaving them at a 90º angle and pointing the controller at the drone

I did a recalibration of the compass and today's flight went well, not even one interference warning and the GPS signal was stable
2018-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules