1266 11 2018-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SeanB1989
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12536 ft
United Kingdom

Hi guys,

I have looked at quite a few similarly named threads on here, but none seem to be as bad as this and wanted to see if you think this was a one off, or whether i should be worried my MA has a defect. Unfortunately I've not been able to get back out to try again with all this snow!

Interested to know your thoughts. I had quite bad connection during the flight and lost connection to the drone multiple times when only a 100m or so away. The video seemed to cut out quite a few times and tried to RTH on one occasion.
You can see the video jumping around quite a lot and seemingly missing out frames.

Sean

2018-3-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is this from the SD card, internal storage of the MA or mobile?
2018-3-1
Use props
SeanB1989
lvl.2
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-3-1 12:23
Is this from the SD card, internal storage of the MA or mobile?

This was stored on the SD card at the time. Then I got home and saved to my mobile phone from the Go 4 app.
2018-3-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SeanB1989 Posted at 2018-3-1 12:28
This was stored on the SD card at the time. Then I got home and saved to my mobile phone from the Go 4 app.

The footage saved in the app is from the live feed so glitches, latency issues etc will show up. Import the files directly from the SD card to your computer and none of that will show.
2018-3-1
Use props
SeanB1989
lvl.2
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-3-1 12:56
The footage saved in the app is from the live feed so glitches, latency issues etc will show up. Import the files directly from the SD card to your computer and none of that will show.

Interesting, I had no idea that was the case. Is that a case of plugging the drone directly into the computer via usb to download from the SD card?
2018-3-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SeanB1989 Posted at 2018-3-1 12:59
Interesting, I had no idea that was the case. Is that a case of plugging the drone directly into the computer via usb to download from the SD card?

I prefer to remove the SD card from the drone (when it's switched off of course), put it into the adaptor the micro SD card came with and insert the adaptor directly into my MacBook - I can import about 20gb's of footage in 3 minutes, including 4K. Importing from the card via the drone is possible but takes a lot longer. Also, the footage from the app is 720p HD - so if you recorded in 4K UHD this will only be saved at that resolution to the card...
2018-3-1
Use props
SeanB1989
lvl.2
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-3-1 13:05
I prefer to remove the SD card from the drone (when it's switched off of course), put it into the adaptor the micro SD card came with and insert the adaptor directly into my MacBook - I can import about 20gb's of footage in 3 minutes, including 4K. Importing from the card via the drone is possible but takes a lot longer. Also, the footage from the app is 720p HD - so if you recorded in 4K UHD this will only be saved at that resolution to the card...

I don't remember seeing an adapter so I assume you are talking about a 3rd party SD card you've bought? I only have the built in memory on the drone itself.
2018-3-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SeanB1989 Posted at 2018-3-1 13:19
I don't remember seeing an adapter so I assume you are talking about a 3rd party SD card you've bought? I only have the built in memory on the drone itself.

All micro SD cards are 3rd party as DJI don't make them. They do sell the Sandisk extreme 32gb and 64gb U3 cards on their official on line store and both come with the adaptor and will be perfectly fine for the MA. Get the 32gb version as cheaper (due to half the storage you will probably not need) but has the same read/write speeds which is more than quick enough. The 8gb internal storage is good for a quick vid but if you're going out to do a few flights back-to-back it won't be anywhere near enough - you'll need a micro SD for sure.
2018-3-1
Use props
SeanB1989
lvl.2
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-3-1 13:24
All micro SD cards are 3rd party as DJI don't make them. They do sell the Sandisk extreme 32gb and 64gb U3 cards on their official on line store and both come with the adaptor and will be perfectly fine for the MA. Get the 32gb version as cheaper (due to half the storage you will probably not need) but has the same read/write speeds which is more than quick enough. The 8gb internal storage is good for a quick vid but if you're going out to do a few flights back-to-back it won't be anywhere near enough - you'll need a micro SD for sure.

You've been very helpful, thank you.

I assume all of the above is still correct, even if I am using the 8gb internal memory rather than an SD card? I just need to download via USB as the internal memory can't be taken out...?
2018-3-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SeanB1989 Posted at 2018-3-1 13:25
You've been very helpful, thank you.

I assume all of the above is still correct, even if I am using the 8gb internal memory rather than an SD card? I just need to download via USB as the internal memory can't be taken out...?

Yep - you'll need to connect via USB from the drone to your computer. Welcome to editing drone video and photos
2018-3-1
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 108805200 ft
  • >>>
United States

This looks like the image recorded to your phone?
2018-3-1
Use props
SeanB1989
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi guys,

So I just managed to get the drone out again and took some more videos. I've downloaded them from the internal card to my MacBook Pro and they're incredibly choppy when playing them on the MacBook. I have then played the same videos on my phone in the DJI app and they are fine, perfectly smooth play back.

What would be the reason that it's worse when downloaded on to my Mac? Is it the Mac itself or a problem with the import? Any way to find out?
2018-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules