United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2018-3-1
Use props
mattinhk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54888 ft
Hong Kong

Ahh sorry about that. It sounds like it's taking forever and still no solutions offered.

I too am getting frustrated with their support service, I'm literally 30-40 mins away from their repair service center but their policy is no personal delivery so i happily paid a courier to send it over. its been 48 hours and still DJI won't acknowledge that they have received my unit. Courier has already confirmed delivery 48 hours ago. When i tried to contact customer support again via email and online support, i was told that it will need 24-48 hours for custom clearance when clearly my package did not even need to go through customs. To add to that, they don't have English speaking Hotline i can call, so im literally stuck waiting and wondering when will they decide to contact or update me back.

Buying that DJI Care deal they offered was a bad decision, i could save myself a lot of time and just grab a new spark rather than spending more for a service they clearly can't deliver in a timely manner.
2018-3-1
Use props
Hddeuce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128261 ft
United States

Wow, I've heard good stories about DJI customer service and I've heard plenty like yours.  I'm glad I just got drone insurance from State Farm for my Spark.  It costs me $60/year and I insured it for $700 (the original cost of the fly-more package).  If it get's damaged due to me crashing it, if I lose it, if I intentionally splash it into the ocean, they will give me the $700 no questions asked.  This has given me peace of mind and I feel a lot better flying it now, especially since I fly over the Chesapeake Bay often and plan on flying it from my boat this Summer.

Good luck man!
2018-3-1
Use props
Mullheliflier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry you are having a bad experience. Mine have been nothing but good.
2018-3-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I sympathize with your situation, I had acquired your case number via your email. Could you please tell the specific date of the accident so I can help to tag it in the case log? And the local manager will continue following your case. I will forward the case to the manager and ask them to deal with it asap. Sorry for the difficulties again.
2018-3-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

mattinhk Posted at 2018-3-1 20:30
Ahh sorry about that. It sounds like it's taking forever and still no solutions offered.

I too am getting frustrated with their support service, I'm literally 30-40 mins away from their repair service center but their policy is no personal delivery so i happily paid a courier to send it over. its been 48 hours and still DJI won't acknowledge that they have received my unit. Courier has already confirmed delivery 48 hours ago. When i tried to contact customer support again via email and online support, i was told that it will need 24-48 hours for custom clearance when clearly my package did not even need to go through customs. To add to that, they don't have English speaking Hotline i can call, so im literally stuck waiting and wondering when will they decide to contact or update me back.

I am so sorry for your difficulties. Could you please provide me with your tracking number so I can help to check the relative info? And for the support issue, I had forwarded it to the proper team to check. Sincerely sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-3-2
Use props
mattinhk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54888 ft
Hong Kong

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-2 00:16
I am so sorry for your difficulties. Could you please provide me with your tracking number so I can help to check the relative info? And for the support issue, I had forwarded it to the proper team to check. Sincerely sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for the extra attention Thor I really appreciate that. I have PM'ed you the corresponding details
2018-3-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

mattinhk Posted at 2018-3-2 00:26
Thanks for the extra attention Thor I really appreciate that. I have PM'ed you the corresponding details

Thank you very much. After checking, it is because we need to transport the drone to the service center when the package signed. I will forward your case again to the proper team to try to escalate your process. Sorry for the confusion and appreciate your patience.
2018-3-2
Use props
djiuser_kT5NkP5AuEEL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106450 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-1 23:59
I sympathize with your situation, I had acquired your case number via your email. Could you please tell the specific date of the accident so I can help to tag it in the case log? And the local manager will continue following your case. I will forward the case to the manager and ask them to deal with it asap. Sorry for the difficulties again.

I appreciate your attention DJI Thor and willingness to push this to a Manager.  As I stated in my original post, I have verbally asked for this to occur twice.  First time a manager named Marquise called me during my work hours and left me a voice message that indicated he had looked at my case and determined that he agrees with the initial findings and that I need to pay for the repair or they will send it back to my home address.  Given my lack of interaction with anyone willing to actually speak to me about my case other than stating "I understand your frustration sir, let me escalate your case and have someone get back with you."....This statement is what I am most familiar with dealing with during this whole process.  

To answer your question, I called DJI on 23 Jan 18 and initiated the process to return my Spark to your repair facility.  I am trying to recall the exact date of the crash, but it would have had to been a day or two prior to the 23rd of Jan.  Please let me know if that helps in assisting my case?

Again DJI Thor, I appreciate your efforts and wish I could have spoken to someone early on to have an actual conversation about my mishap rather than having your Customer Service representative only play lip service and offer to escalate my case without ever being able to discuss my case in detail.
2018-3-2
Use props
djiuser_kT5NkP5AuEEL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106450 ft
United States

djiuser_kT5NkP5AuEEL Posted at 2018-3-2 03:41
I appreciate your attention DJI Thor and willingness to push this to a Manager.  As I stated in my original post, I have verbally asked for this to occur twice.  First time a manager named Marquise called me during my work hours and left me a voice message that indicated he had looked at my case and determined that he agrees with the initial findings and that I need to pay for the repair or they will send it back to my home address.  Given my lack of interaction with anyone willing to actually speak to me about my case other than stating "I understand your frustration sir, let me escalate your case and have someone get back with you."....This statement is what I am most familiar with dealing with during this whole process.  

To answer your question, I called DJI on 23 Jan 18 and initiated the process to return my Spark to your repair facility.  I am trying to recall the exact date of the crash, but it would have had to been a day or two prior to the 23rd of Jan.  Please let me know if that helps in assisting my case?

**UPDATE on my CASE**

I would first like to give a big thank you to DJI THOR...if I would have known about this admin/forum responsiveness I would have not WASTED so much of my personal time on the telephone with their useless Answering Service (aka Customer Service Representative).  

I received an e-mail response from the DJI Management Team indicating my case was re-evaluated and all flight data was reviewed and it was determined the SPARK showed no signs of manufacturing defect or malfunction and my claim was denied being covered under warranty as it was deemed as pilot error.

I am at a loss on how they came to this conclusion as my SPARK lost power from the battery pack detaching from the SPARK after 5 minutes of flight in Sport Mode and doing several turns as the one performed after about the 3rd or 4th pass with no obvious problems with the craft.  I stand by my statements that the CUSTOMER SERVICE was/is horrible and as techie as they want to call their repair/research team this is absolutely false and I will spend my hard earned money in the future on products that are backed by their company and not afraid to admit when they have a defect.  As you will see with multiple service issues DJI tries to find a way to NOT repair your unit under warranty and have the customer come out of pocket to cover the repair after they deem their research is based upon PILOT ERROR.  This is my final post and I have exhausted more time and effort in trying to highlight my case and point to the point and time in the flight log when my spark lost power from a height of over 20 feet after the battery detached and fell to the earth landing upside down on my concrete driveway.  NOT ONCE did they confirm what actually took place from the flight log and continue to use their go to denial reasoning as PILOT ERROR.  

Again, Thank you DJI THOR for you quick efforts and farewell DJI!!!!!
2018-3-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_kT5NkP5AuEEL Posted at 2018-3-2 17:36
**UPDATE on my CASE**

I would first like to give a big thank you to DJI THOR...if I would have known about this admin/forum responsiveness I would have not WASTED so much of my personal time on the telephone with their useless Answering Service (aka Customer Service Representative).  

We are sorry that warranty service cannot be provided in your case, our data analysis team has double analyzed the log, what we have found is the accident happened in 01/21/2018 and the unit was flying indoors, then crashed in Atti mode, this is all we can find per the log.
Therefore, since there was no unit malfunction founded, you will need to pay for the repair, appreciate your kind understanding.
2018-3-4
Use props
djiuser_IjLCCjxoZp7x
lvl.1
Canada

I have ordered the DJI Mini 2 Fly More Combo from canada too it's been over a week now they taken my money and it's still not ship and now they are said that a free gift that supposed to come with the order is out of stock and that why they are not sending my order. and they have been giving me the runaround since wha a bad first experience with this company.
2022-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules