Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Camera Quality Test - Mavic Air vs. Mavic Pro (vs. Spark)
2518 8 2018-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Half Chrome
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18612 ft
  • >>>
United States

This might be helpful if you are on the fence between a Mavic Air and a Pro (or Platinum). We did a detailed comparison of the cameras of the DJI Mavic Air, Mavic Pro, and Spark. Let us know what you think. You can see the post here: https://www.halfchrome.com/mavic-air-camera/. From the site you can download the original images we took so you can compare for yourself. If you would rather watch on YouTube:
2018-3-1
Use props
TroutboyNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1726486 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

That's interesting, thank you. Agree, the Air has great image quality at the expense of sharpness, the Pro is far sharper but with weird noise artifacts! The Air is sharp at close distances, but quite soft at distance, it's still a more pleasing image to the eye overall I think, hopefully they can address the sharpness in a firmware update.
2018-3-1
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Yep and that was with air at 0 sharpening correct? I wonder if bumping sharpening to 1 would change the game as it does on pro...i have to do a +1 on pro or pic gets gross
2018-3-1
Use props
Half Chrome
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18612 ft
  • >>>
United States

$gambino$ Posted at 2018-3-1 21:36
Yep and that was with air at 0 sharpening correct? I wonder if bumping sharpening to 1 would change the game as it does on pro...i have to do a +1 on pro or pic gets gross

Everything was set at default. So zero sharpening.
2018-3-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good comparison review.
2018-3-2
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

MP rules!!!
2018-3-2
Use props
Airwater
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1517057 ft
United Kingdom

Not sure this is what you expect when the air is recording at 100MBP/S and the Pro at 60MBP/S. I am a bit disappointed. Great video.
2018-3-16
Use props
burnham187
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Bumping the sharpness to +1 on the MP you get a lot of noise but very detailed shots.  Needs post work to fix the noise.  Still though love my MP.  Get great shots with it for sure.  With D-Log that is and 4k.  2.7k you can get away with +1.
2018-3-16
Use props
djiuser_48gacvPeSssG
lvl.1

Great Video.
2018-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules