Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro Platinum DOA :( ??
798 14 2018-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3e3a112a
New
Flight distance : 25545 ft
United States

Hello,

Hoping someone can help me with this !

I received my New Mavic Pro platinum today in the mail from DJI, I was soo excited for this drone!  However i was extremely dissapointed to learn that I can't fly it yet. The ribbon cable looks to be burnt/broken out of the box, the box even smelled of burnt electronics when i opened it

At first I didn't think anything of the smell as It turned on fine , the camera picture works fine.  I updated the Firmware to the newest version after I fully charged the battery and removed the gimbal clamp before powering up the drone. but the Gimbal is pointing backwards and I cannot calibrate the Gimbal, it fails the gimbal calibration and gets stuck at 5% ( it points backwards after startup) I checked that the Gimbal moves around un-abstructed during startup. The DJI Go 4 App also is warning of a Overheat warning and asking to verify the Gimbal clamp is removed. Once I was inspecting it to try to figure out the issue,  It visibly looks like the ribbon cable is melted and above the ribbon cable where its damaged the plastic housing looks like it has a burn marks , How could this happen? I haven't even flown it yet or powered up the props.  Is this a manufacturing defect? Or is there a fix for it, perhaps I'm just missing something? I did purchase the Care Refresh warranty but I would think this would be covered under the normal warranty since It hasn't even left the ground yet and I have only had it for 4 hours

Any assistance would be appreciated , I'm hoping i don't have to return it as I'd love to get some flying in this weekend

2018-3-1
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

Can we have pictures of said ribbon cable? Honestly, it looks like you have a faulty unit. You should contact DJI support.
2018-3-1
Use props
fans3e3a112a
New
United States

2018-3-1
Use props
Jeff7577
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

Get a refund immediately and then purchase again.
2018-3-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I am terribly sorry to hear about your case, please contact our support to start a case and send the drone in. Please kindly provide me with your case number once you get one as well as your drone's serial number, we will help with your case. http://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-1
Use props
fans3e3a112a
New
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-1 23:18
I am terribly sorry to hear about your case, please contact our support to start a case and send the drone in. Please kindly provide me with your case number once you get one as well as your drone's serial number, we will help with your case. http://www.dji.com/support

Thank you so much ! I will contact support when they open in the morning , in your experience is a replacement sent pretty quick?
2018-3-2
Use props
fans3e3a112a
New
United States

fans3e3a112a Posted at 2018-3-2 00:03
Thank you so much ! I will contact support when they open in the morning , in your experience is a replacement sent pretty quick?

There is a DJI store in Colorado , Can I take it there to have it repaired ?
2018-3-2
Use props
djiuser_fiQgdFqHaUQg
lvl.3

Philippines

fans3e3a112a Posted at 2018-3-2 00:06

You must request for a new one. If it's burnt then other parts of the drone may be damaged as well.
2018-3-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's really poor quality control!!
2018-3-2
Use props
Marian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340597 ft
Spain

Sorry to hear that.
I know how you are feeling. I too was very excited for my new Mavic PP (purchased from a local store) only to find out that the fan was not spinning and the drone kept on overheating (couldn't fly at all).
I went back to the store and luckily the guys there gave me immediately a new unit. Best of luck and I hope the new drone arrives quickly.
2018-3-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans3e3a112a Posted at 2018-3-2 00:03

Basically, the local team will take care of it once they receive the drone. And if you provide me with your case number, I will also help to keep an eye on it. But sorry, the DJI Store in Colorado may not be able to handle your case, please kindly send it in. Thank you for understanding.
2018-3-2
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I'd take it back to the retailer rather than DJI and get a new one
2018-3-2
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

I Agree with lannes, if there is anyway you can return it to the store you bought it from that is the way to go. Hopefully they will have another in stock, even if they don't have them order it for you. This is why I always wait for a local authorized re-seller (IE: Best Buy) to purchase DJI products, simply because of the return policy. Hope it works out for you.
2018-3-2
Use props
babli_soager2007
New

Hong Kong

I'm very sorry for that. I provide the SN to our quality team to check the factory test record. Usually this defect must be found during the fly test, not sure what happened in the transition.
2018-3-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans3e3a112a Posted at 2018-3-2 00:06

Hi there, had you sent the drone in? And our engineers had also noticed it, please refer to the reply on 14#. Sorry again for the inconvenience.
2018-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules