Constant Compass Calibration and Sensor errors.
1684 8 2018-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LOMELI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 887031 ft
United States

Hello,
I have not been here much lately, cause I have been out flying thankfully. Now doing this I have noticed that everytime I pull out my Mavic Air, it requires a compass calibration. This was not the case with my Spark. After I change batteries between flights, sometimes it again requires another compass calibration. Is this normal? I have probably only calibrated my Spark's compass 3 times since I got it, but the Air, requires one almos every fligth.

Another thing I have noticed is that the rear sensors show an obstacle in the distance, what I mean is the green bars light up. At first this happened when the sun was behind the drone, but now I notice it also happens when there's low light. What I'm afraid of, is the drone detecting a false obstacle and prevening me from properly controlling it during flight. I know for sure that there are no obstacles around (trying to avoid Mr. Obvious). Has anyone experienced this?

Apart from that, I have been enjoying my Mavic Air, and to show it here's a video of last week's trip. Hope you like it.

2018-3-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, so the compass gets back to normal after calibration, right? I suggest checking if there is a need to update the firmware, or you can try to refresh the latest firmware for the drone, also, please do a vision system calibration for the drone. If the issue persists, please provide me with a video of the vision false detecting the obstacle as well as the flight data, you can export the flight data via DJI Assistant 2 and upload to Dropbox. I would like to have our engineers to check. Thank you in advance.
2018-3-2
Use props
LOMELI
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-2 01:33
Hi there, so the compass gets back to normal after calibration, right? I suggest checking if there is a need to update the firmware, or you can try to refresh the latest firmware for the drone, also, please do a vision system calibration for the drone. If the issue persists, please provide me with a video of the vision false detecting the obstacle as well as the flight data, you can export the flight data via DJI Assistant 2 and upload to Dropbox. I would like to have our engineers to check. Thank you in advance.
Yes, the compass works propperly after I calibrate it.
I will do, as soon as the weather cooperates.
Thanks for the quick answer.
2018-3-2
Use props
Skymax.
lvl.3
Australia

Nice video!

What is it about Calibrating the Compass that ppl hate so much?

Is it the enormous amount of time it takes or the huge technical challenge?

Calibrating th Compass is more important than most ppl realise.
2018-3-3
Use props
LOMELI
lvl.4
United States

Skymax. Posted at 2018-3-3 01:09
Nice video!

What is it about Calibrating the Compass that ppl hate so much?

The problem is not calibrating the compass. If you read through the whole post, the issue is that my previous drone almost never required it, this one requieres it every flight and I want to know if it’s normal.

I will calibrate whatever needs calibration when it needs it but if it  is due to either faulty equipment or faulty software, I rather get it fixed.
2018-3-3
Use props
Sasquad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

Hi there, so the compass gets back to normal after calibration, right? I suggest checking if there is a need to update the firmware, or you can try to refresh the latest firmware for the drone, also, please do a vision system calibration for the drone. If the issue persists, please provide me with a video of the vision false detecting the obstacle as well as the flight data, you can export the flight data via DJI Assistant 2 and upload to Dropbox. I would like to have our engineers to check. Thank you in advance. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfcjxfMocLM&list=PL8-vxWY64sBOeP6CJM0vmkDB0onco2V2i&index=4&t=3s

I can not calibrate my camera as you suggest in this video, the box to “start calibration” stays grayed out, wheel just spinning, and seems to be stuck on the third page of the tutorial. Any suggestions.?
2018-3-3
Use props
LOMELI
lvl.4
Mexico

Hi there, so the compass gets back to normal after calibration, right? I suggest checking if there is a need to update the firmware, or you can try to refresh the latest firmware for the drone, also, please do a vision system calibration for the drone. If the issue persists, please provide me with a video of the vision false detecting the obstacle as well as the flight data, you can export the flight data via DJI Assistant 2 and upload to Dropbox. I would like to have our engineers to check. Thank you in advance. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfcjxfMocLM&list=PL8-vxWY64sBOeP6CJM0vmkDB0onco2V2i&index=4&t=3s

Hello Thor,

I have refreshed the firmware, calibrated the vision system and one flight after doing so, has not required recalibrating the compass, and the vision system seems to be working properly.

I will keep checking this issue, if it persists I will provide data and videos.

Thanks for the help!
2018-3-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

LOMELI Posted at 2018-3-5 20:13
Hello Thor,

I have refreshed the firmware, calibrated the vision system and one flight after doing so, has not required recalibrating the compass, and the vision system seems to be working properly.

That's good to know, please feel free to contact us if there is any issue, we'd glad to help.
2018-3-6
Use props
fans43b57400
lvl.3
Flight distance : 959783 ft
Netherlands

...how do you refresh the firmware. All of a sudden I get constant messages that the internal compass faces interference and that I should switch to atti mode if the craft acts strangely. I was flying the route I flew more often also with my P3A and never experienced this message on this route. What should I do...is this a matter of refreshing the firmware?
2018-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules