Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My Spark went for a swim!
1244 6 2018-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tylerclark
lvl.2
Flight distance : 60912 ft
United States

So this weekend I finally lost my Spark! Months and months of successful flights, but I think being out of the country made flying a tad bit different. I believe it was the fault of the machine, but I can't tell. Let me explain what happened.

We were staying at a house in Costa Rica up in the mountains. I had no GPS coverage from the back deck because of the roof above. If I flew the drone past the deck it would gain signal and set the home point. However, you have to fly over the pool to get out in the open. I was flying and landing my drone successfully for a few days. But this one time I tried to palm launch it over the pool. It immediately starting beeping saying it was higher than the max altitude and tried to land INTO THE POOL. The thing was, I had the max flight altitude set to the max setting!

Could the fact that I was on the side of a mountain way above sea level have caused the drone to think it was above it's max flight altitude and then cause it to land itself? I have flight logs because believe it or not, it didn't drown the drone. I was able to start it up later but it said it had 4 ESC's not working and camera sensor. I've sent the drone to DJI for repair since I bought DJI Care.

I believe I've attached the flight log.

DJIFlightRecord_2018-02-23_[10-32-43].txt.zip

10.66 KB, Down times: 2

2018-3-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry for your accident. We can help to apply the data analysis for the case and find out the reason when we receive the drone. Could you please provide me with your case number so I can help to check if the data analysis has applied? Thank you.
2018-3-1
Use props
tylerclark
lvl.2
United States

I don't have a case number. I was given a UPS label to send in the drone and that's it! As far as I know of course.
2018-3-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

tylerclark Posted at 2018-3-3 13:10
I don't have a case number. I was given a UPS label to send in the drone and that's it! As far as I know of course.

Did you fill in online repair form? If yes, there should be the case number in MY CASE. Please provide us your email account if you still cannot find the case number, thank you.
2018-3-3
Use props
tylerclark
lvl.2
United States

I filled out a form to get a shipping label. But I don't have any information and I never got an email from DJI (besides the shipping label which really came from UPS).
2018-3-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

tylerclark Posted at 2018-3-4 18:39
I filled out a form to get a shipping label. But I don't have any information and I never got an email from DJI (besides the shipping label which really came from UPS).

Please PM me your email account, I will have a try in our system, thank you.
2018-3-4
Use props
fans13c044f8
New

Australia

Did you ever figure out what the problem was? I've narrowly avoided losing my spark a few times with a similar issue regarding max height.
2020-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules