Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Purchasing an Inspire 1 in 2018
3687 8 2018-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kokok
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1802159 ft
Philippines

Hi,

In the process of starting our own aerial photography/videography business. Planning to start with small events and move to bigger ones later on. Land mapping is also being considered.

Question is, is it worth getting an inspire 1 today? I know it has been around for a couple of years and i know that it is a very capable platform. I am more concerned in support. Will i be able to source out parts (batts, props, and other replacement parts) in 2018? 2019?

I do have a p4 with me that i am thinking of trading up for an inspire 1. Since I live in areas with high winds, i think the size of the inspire is a plus. although the p4 is a more recent series and that support of this platform will outlast that of the inspire 1.

Thoughts?

Thank you, cheers!
2018-3-1
Use props
djiuser_fiQgdFqHaUQg
lvl.3

Philippines

The gps mode top speed is higher on the inspire 1 but if you're able to mod your p4's gps speed then it's going to be fast too.
RTH max speed depends on gps so yeah.
2018-3-2
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not only is the inspire 1 more professional looking than p4 Pro you can get incredible deals on the inspire1 at this time. I have the inspire 1 Pro with x5 camera and it’s solid as a rock. As far as battery’s go they should be available for several more years and 3rd party vendors are starting to sell inspire 1 batteries....
2018-3-2
Use props
Mullheliflier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use both an Inspire 1 and a P4. Both good machines, but the Inspire 1 immediately looks a professional machine. I can also use two transmitters with the I1 to operate the aircraft an someone else controlling the camera. I love the extra flying time of my P4. As far as parts are concerned no doubt they will become less available in future for the I1, but there are a lot of them out there still and the price jump to the I2 is quite substantial. There are a lot of good deals, which could mean buying an I1 Pro with an X5 and a basic airframe which would give you back up parts. Good luck.
2018-3-2
Use props
djiuser_fiQgdFqHaUQg
lvl.3

Philippines

If you crash an inspire 1 then the camera and landing gear pretty much have to be replaced.
Same story with inspire 2.

But the inspire 1 unlikely  crashes by itself based on the cases experienced by users. Older prop designs made crashes.
Too hot or too cold of a battery could cause crashes but that can be monitored. The first firmwares used to have no limitation on battery and that caused failure from overloading in current and heat. Firmware now prevents by auto limiting.
2018-3-2
Use props
Kokok
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1802159 ft
Philippines

Hi,

There was a pretty good deal in the local market for a used I1 v1 with x3 camera, 4 batts with a charging hub, 2 controllers and carrying case and I just had to snatch it up before someone does.

Indeed, the Inspire 1 is a formidable machine and I cant wait to try her out on the weekends.

Questions... What are the things i should look at? I've given her the usual preused item inspection rundown and spool up test at home and everything seems to be in order. Anything else i need to look at more closely that would reveal any hidden defects?

Also, can anyone tell me whats the latest firmware for both the aircraft and rc at this time?

Any more pieces of advice for a first time inspire user would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!
2018-3-7
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have had both Phantom4 and now have an Inspire 1.  Inspire 1 is a very capable drone and have a good platform if you are going planning on starting your own business, you won't be disappointed with the I1 and as of parts there are still lots of parts you can find through DJI dealers or even ebay.
2018-3-13
Use props
MediaElite
lvl.3
Flight distance : 408343 ft
United States

You will be fine with the Inspire 1 Pro.  The X5 does a fine job and the bird currently has a solid firmware.  Hope you can find a good deal.
2018-3-14
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>

If you are going to get into mapping, ( I know I'm a little late to the party ) then spend the extra bucks for the P4Pro....The camera is why I bought, and works perfectly for mapping.

Oddly enough I got the P4pro following a battery failure of a TB47 which is the one that came with the Inspire 1 in 2015.....total loss.....and now today,  I'll be picking up an Inspire 1 V1 .

There is just a cool factor/Professionalism in the Inspire.  And I can use as a backup for Commercial and Residential Real Estate Photography......but most likely NOT mapping.

Randy
2018-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules