Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
When will we be getting Waypoints
1090 4 2018-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Darrenddmp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49390 ft
  • >>>
Jamaica

Any idea when waypoints will be supported? I use my drone for weddings and I purchased this with the intention to pre map my flights. It was listed on the website, so now I'm startled that the feature isn't there. I'm disheartened cause I sold my phantom 3 standard which was my go too drone. Please support waypoints it's very important for what I do.

Thanks

PS. Please don't tell me to buy another drone. Cause that's not an option.
2018-3-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

From what I have seen, it was only up very shortly on the comparison site and removed shortly afterwards.
My belief is that this was a unfortunate mistake, as they did not mention it anywhere else on the Mavic Air site (and these features are big selling points so they would have added it).
Just like a copy - paste action that did not work very well.
We have seen similar errors in the past (some launch mode was advertised that did not make it in the update, and still has not made it)

I don't have a crystal ball, but my best estimate is that they won't add support for waypoints.
Maybe via 3rd party apps like Litchi, but those rely on the SDK DJI offers OR have to use their own app which allows for controlling the drone.
That is sort of the same, except the drone does not fly autonomously, but still needs connection with the app that is controlling it.

But I hope I am wrong of course.
2018-3-2
Use props
Darrenddmp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49390 ft
  • >>>
Jamaica

Thanks. Its just sad that older model drones like the p2 & p3 had these features.

Taking away autonomous flying and giving selfie shots feature makes me feel like I bought a spark.

If I knew better I would have bought the spark and kept my phantom 3.
2018-3-2
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don’t think you will see way point support, there is much frustration among 3rd party developers on the direction that DJI’s SDK  is headed in.. litchi doesn’t even support the mavic air yet, which is odd because litchi usually ads support within a couple of weeks of new product release....
2018-3-2
Use props
Jeff7577
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

I’m guessing they won’t release the sdk until the Mavic Pro 2 and it won’t have waypoints. The air will be the gimpy little brother to the Pro 2.
2018-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules