Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
It so easy emptying your wallet
123Next >
3950 93 2018-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

Here we go, couldn't help myself...

Once I start shopping, I want it all!

ND4/ND32 CPL and UV filters
Dust caps for the batteries
Explo proof bags for the batteries
Remote controller Clasp
Extended landing gear
Thumb Stick guard
Landing pad
Range Extender signal booster
3 types of remote cables
Waterproof remote bag

Hope I didn't forget anything...

Can you refrain from pulling your wallet?

Single SelectVote, Total 75 people participate in voting
56.00% (42)
38.67% (29)
5.33% (4)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-3-2
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Not to forget the "collateral damage". I just ordered a new PC that is strong enough to process the high resolution videos...
2018-3-2
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Netherlands

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-3-2 07:16
Not to forget the "collateral damage". I just ordered a new PC that is strong enough to process the high resolution videos...

Ah yes, thankfully I got that by the wife last year, although I need a bigger harddrive now.

But now I have to get me one of those BMW GS1200 Adventure's because I need it to get to that footage, I'm suspecting a different kind of collateral damage though...

2018-3-2
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-3-2 07:30
Ah yes, thankfully I got that by the wife last year, although I need a bigger harddrive now.

But now I have to get me one of those BMW GS1200 Adventure's because I need it to get to that footage, I'm suspecting a different kind of collateral damage though...

That's a very cool motorbike though ;-)
2018-3-2
Use props
Mullheliflier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A spare drone 'just in case' :-)
2018-3-2
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Netherlands

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-3-2 07:43
That's a very cool motorbike though ;-)

That's about in line with what she said, 'when hell freezes over'
2018-3-2
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-3-2 08:31
That's about in line with what she said, 'when hell freezes over'

I feel with you! You can still think about some bribe. First something very nice for her, thereafter the GS1200 ;-)
2018-3-2
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Netherlands

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-3-2 08:40
I feel with you! You can still think about some bribe. First something very nice for her, thereafter the GS1200 ;-)

That actually did work for a long while, bought her a 10K bike and she was hooked.
motorstek_67688_original.jpg

But about 8 years ago I bought myself a new bike which I sadly crashed within 5 months, I swore to myself never to buy a 15K bike again.

And you always need something to wish for, so I'll be putting the idea on ice and keep telling myself 'the perfect bike is lethally boring'

2018-3-2
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-3-2 08:55
That actually did work for a long while, bought her a 10K bike and she was hooked.
[view_image]

If it works, it's a good approach too ;-)
2018-3-2
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

Yep, a good PC is a must if you want to edit your videos correctly. Totally worth the buck
2018-3-2
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

Save some money, because your drone will break due to DJI crappy firmware, app ext ext. Leaving you with a thousand dollar paper weight.
2018-3-2
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-3-2 09:20
Yep, a good PC is a must if you want to edit your videos correctly. Totally worth the buck

Yes, the present one is six years old. Technology has slightly evolved since then.
2018-3-2
Use props
fansb45910a5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1175299 ft
United States

i bought a phantom 3 standard broke it bought a mavic broke it and bought another mavic and 4 batteries for it. so much money
2018-3-2
Use props
CycleParadise
lvl.4
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

That's a true story!!

2018-3-2
Use props
sky6105
lvl.4
Flight distance : 345653 ft
United States

Give it a month or two ebay will be swamped with spare parts.
2018-3-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I never stop spending on drone gear
2018-3-2
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Netherlands

fansb45910a5 Posted at 2018-3-2 09:34
i bought a phantom 3 standard broke it bought a mavic broke it and bought another mavic and 4 batteries for it. so much money

Try riding a motorbike as a hobby
2018-3-2
Use props
Wyke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33166 ft
United Kingdom

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-3-2 10:21
Try riding a motorbike as a hobby

It still annoys how quickly I can go through tyres and Pirelli Diablo Corsas aren’t cheap
2018-3-2
Use props
Lino Miguel Abreu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64160 ft
Portugal

As a motorcycle owner, a recent drone owner, as a few other gadgets owner, I fell all your pain... The tires for the bike particularly, damn they go out fast...

But hey, good side of being divorced, no one bugging me about my poorly spent cash...

2018-3-2
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Netherlands

There was a time my local tyre supplier confessed I was his biggest private customer, In the beginning of the season I ordered 13 tyres for the complete year, and we went threw em due to rideouts, trackdays and long camping hollidays. Fastest set gone was a 3  twenty minute session track day on wednesday followed by a weekend of riding in Germany.

Those were the days ;)  Now its 2 sets per year at most since we have a little girl and the wife stopped riding.

2018-3-3
Use props
Wyke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33166 ft
United Kingdom

Back on topic, first the Air, Flymore combo of course, then a Crystalsky, then a charger for CS, then a mount for CS. On list, filters, another battery. Hopefully I can put a stop to it after that. Oh, forgot, also a landing pad.
2018-3-3
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Bulldog Posted at 2018-3-2 09:21
Save some money, because your drone will break due to DJI crappy firmware, app ext ext. Leaving you with a thousand dollar paper weight.

Nobody can take you seriously anymore Bulldog. You have become nothing but a grumpy old man who doesn't listen to common sense. Your angry comments gradually add up as you spread generalizing untruths. When I see a post like this from you in the future, I will press the "Report" button. You have become a burden.
2018-3-3
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Wyke Posted at 2018-3-3 03:07
Back on topic, first the Air, Flymore combo of course, then a Crystalsky, then a charger for CS, then a mount for CS. On list, filters, another battery. Hopefully I can put a stop to it after that. Oh, forgot, also a landing pad.

Excellent strategy, same setup here. To be ordered soon: A hardcase, an additional battery, the National Geographic backbag and a landing pad.
2018-3-3
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2018-3-3
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

Now they are editing my posts: Here is what I responded if they allow.

FlyDK Posted at 2018-3-3 03:20
Nobody can take you seriously anymore Bulldog. You have become nothing but a grumpy old man who doesn't listen to common sense. Your angry comments gradually add up as you spread generalizing untruths. When I see a post like this from you in the future, I will press the "Report" button. You have become a burden.

OK fan boy. Go ahead and report. There is a reason I am still here. That reason is everything I have said is true, and even the mods are working on fixing the mountain of a problem that has been created. Since you don't know squat about my situation, I will give you a pass. However, my problems are real, and if you were smart, you would maybe listen. My problems almost resulted in a death. These flying machines are no joke, and should be taken seriously. Even if fan boys like you think there can never be defects.

Dont forget to report........ Fan boy

Maybe you just don't see the science in it. Do I have to write out mathmatical equations showing rate of gravity, speed of falling, and force of impact? Or can we all agree these machines will kill somebody when they fall out of the sky. People like me have been complaining of drone defalts since the day we recieved the drone, and the liability is on the user, not DJI. So go ahead and bury your head in the sand, it wont help when your Mavic kills somebody. Does refresh cover accidental death? Didn't think so. But remember, it's easier to bash the outcast, than to think critically.

O, and icing on the cake? They actually removed my threads where I have been asking for help for 6 months. These threads showed 100% of the problem, and lack of help from DJI. The people in the right, always cover their butt by removing all evidence to the contrarry right?

One last piece of evidence: Bekaru has been following my posts and trouble. He has flown over 1 milliion meters and has been watching my struggles. Here is what he said last to me: "yeh bulldog - i recently had a few nights with bad dreams that woke me up - dreamed i crashed my drone.
Feel really bad for you - i would be furious too. just out of interest - what devise were you using?"

Whether you want to believe it or not, I am having drone pilots worst nightmare, and trolls/fan boys like you are not making it easier.
2018-3-3
Use props
GoldenSun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

LOL you went big
2018-3-3
Use props
Hestia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 135381 ft
Italy

My next item on the list are ND filters and they are hella expensive
2018-3-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Hit that wall.  My 8-year old computer would not play 4K videos without stuttering.  
Luckily, I have a newer one that can play and edit 4K videos.  
2018-3-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-3-3 05:25
Excellent strategy, same setup here. To be ordered soon: A hardcase, an additional battery, the National Geographic backbag and a landing pad.

If you takeoff and land anywhere there is; tall grass, weeds, or dirt / sand that can be blown due to prop wash -- I suggest getting a bigger pop-open landing pad than is currently sold by DJI.

I had a close call with thin looking weed.  A weed that has a stalk that a gas powered professional weed eater won't take out.  They should make weed-eater line cord out of that weed's stalk!
2018-3-4
Use props
RBMTS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169718 ft
United States

I usually plead forgiveness when the charge card comes in.  Or sometimes I get crafty and throw in an accessory when buying some of the normal household items from Amazon.  That way I fly under the radar (sorry I couldn't resist).
2018-3-4
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you order a desktop or laptop?
2018-3-4
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

What brand of filters did you order?
2018-3-4
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Remember you could always shun yourself for purchasing a second or third drone :-)
2018-3-4
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I kind of lucked out, the computer I use for work went up in smoke. When I ordered a replacement, I bought one a whole lot better than I needed for work so I could mess with 4k video.
2018-3-4
Use props
Face-AcheNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
New Zealand

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-3-4 13:28
If you takeoff and land anywhere there is; tall grass, weeds, or dirt / sand that can be blown due to prop wash -- I suggest getting a bigger pop-open landing pad than is currently sold by DJI.

I had a close call with thin looking weed.  A weed that has a stalk that a gas powered professional weed eater won't take out.  They should make weed-eater line cord out of that weed's stalk!

So you tried to trim that hedge with your drone? (Sorry, also couldn’t resist ..... I’ll be here all week!)

I only got my Mavic Air on Thursday, and I’ve already since bought a new bag for it, the signal amplifier thing for the controller, leg extensions, and plan on getting another battery and the lenses for the gimbal camera.

I’m so close to a divorce it’s not funny!
2018-3-4
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-4 15:33
Did you order a desktop or laptop?

A Desktop.
2018-3-4
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-3-4 18:17
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I kind of lucked out, the computer I use for work went up in smoke. When I ordered a replacement, I bought one a whole lot better than I needed for work so I could mess with 4k video.

I did not go for the top model but hope that it will be good enough. In a few days I'll know...
2018-3-4
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

If you ordered the ASUS Vivomini VC66 with an i7-7700 then you got yourself a CPU beast for quite an attractively low price for what you're getting....
2018-3-4
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-4 23:14
If you ordered the ASUS Vivomini VC66 with an i7-7700 then you got yourself a CPU beast for quite an attractively low price for what you're getting....

No, it's a different one assembled by a local company. If there is interest I can report about the performance once I have it.
2018-3-4
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-3-4 23:17
No, it's a different one assembled by a local company. If there is interest I can report about the performance once I have it.

I'm always interested in what people who own drones use to edit their videos. My ASUS computer sits in my office, and for the most part I use my tablet/laptop that is a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Tablet 2nd Generation that has 16 GB of RAM and 7th Generation Kaby Lake i7-7Y75 processor. Believe it or not, all of my editing to YouTube for my Spark has been done with my ThinkPad, only because it sits with me everywhere and I start editing on it thinking to transfer the file to the ASUS for faster processing, but my ThinkPad i7-7Y75 isn't the fastest but it has a base speed of 1.3GHz but Turbo up to 3.6GHz which bangs out Adobe Premiere Pro 2018 quickly for all small low capacity Spark drone videos.
2018-3-5
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules