Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Wyke Posted at 2018-3-6 13:07
I’d best not show you my bike then...

[view_image]

Old new?  The brembo, ohlins, and spoked rims are pretty cool.  It would look good in a Spark video tracking the bike down the road from 20 or 30 feet out and up.

Or the Spark tracking down a road only to have the bike enter from the bottom of the screen and then race on down the road into the distance while the Spark is cruising along.  Have to put a Zoom H1 on the road/shoulder to catch the sound of the bike passing the drone.  Then sync the sound around to look right.
2018-3-6
Use props
Wyke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33166 ft
United Kingdom

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-3-6 15:59
Old new?  The brembo, ohlins, and spoked rims are pretty cool.  It would look good in a Spark video tracking the bike down the road from 20 or 30 feet out and up.

Or the Spark tracking down a road only to have the bike enter from the bottom of the screen and then race on down the road into the distance while the Spark is cruising along.  Have to put a Zoom H1 on the road/shoulder to catch the sound of the bike passing the drone.  Then sync the sound around to look right.

New @Gunship9 as given away by the radiator at the front, for water not oil

I got a red MA to match, ha ha, and aim to use it to get some shots when the weather improves. Like the idea of adding the sound but need to work out methods.

This 1200 Thruxton is the latest in my list of Triumphs owned. Had an air cooled 900 Thruxton before this, and a Tiger Explorer before that.
2018-3-7
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

FlyDK Posted at 2018-3-3 03:20
Nobody can take you seriously anymore Bulldog. You have become nothing but a grumpy old man who doesn't listen to common sense. Your angry comments gradually add up as you spread generalizing untruths. When I see a post like this from you in the future, I will press the "Report" button. You have become a burden.

Here is a response from somebody having the same problems. The only person who has become a burden, is fan boys that don't think DJI can make a defective drone. Divisive people like you are a drain on society. You call me a lair and a problem every chance you get, however one of the pilots with the most experience had the same exact problems, he has flown over a million miles. So you will have to excuse me, when I ignore your comments from now on. Ok?

"hey bulldog - i have also flown with what i believe is a faulty drone for a 6 days short of a full year - done 1265km so far.
2 weeks short of one year in and i decided to send my drone back to be tested. On the day or the day after i sent my drone back, i got my very first advise from a moderator that i should send my drone back for testing - up till then i have been doing every recomendation they make changing cable and checking antena, reloading app, refreshing app, refrshing my devise, moving locations, observing environmental situations etc etc - then the next app version comes out and things are good or better - so i am happy and keep going. Sometimes later things bomb out again - and we go through the whole recomendation, trial and error sequence again.
If my problem was always and constant then i would not need advise to send it back - but since my problem fluctuates i thought that if it is a known about error then relevant advise would be forthcomming and since it has not been forthcomming i figured that maybe they do not realise that a certain fault exists somewhere.

To my mind the ups and downs seem to coincide with new app versions - therefore i am pretty sure that somewhere in the app programing are issues that affect me.
i never saw dji openly admit app failures although i think there is tacit acknowlagement - why else would they need to do so many updates - sure sometimes for adding features but i wonder if mostly it is not fixes to problems we make them aware of on the forum. How else to make sense of that fact that when we complain about app issues within a few weeks a new version is launched and then most of those who were complaining stop complaining.

Of course not all problems are software related.
At the top of the list of problems is surely user error. we are expected to man up when it is our fault and i feel that dji should do the same and i have seen many many instance where that has been the case.

But i have also seen many instances where the drone is accused of going bizaar - often resulting in a crash and often also resulting in the permanent loss of the drone.
This section of problem has been most interesting for me i have noticed similarities in some case reports (coupled with my own experiance) that has brought me to the conclusion that other causes to some problems exist which we and the moderators do not seem to aware of.
I think that the mods are not familiar with all the causes because once they have gone through a set list of things they either stop communicating or they start going through the list again - of course we get frustrated.

It is to be expected that within thousands of units made that there will exist some with hardware defects.
My recurring fault (which varies in degree when app versions change - is sometimes quite bad and other times really not so bad)
I also think though it may not be entirely or only the app issue - hense the investigation and research i am doing about RC Radio frequency.

I may be completely wrong but my thinking about the problem goes a bit like this: many crashes reported include the explanation about disconnects (in other wise assumed perfect environmental situations) and sometimes the drone going crazy and then flying off and the user not able to control it. i always look for for possible user error and i will call it if i see it every time. but there are many times i just do not  see user error or understand the failure or what might be the cause of the failure hense i got to the thinking that sometimes there may exist a hardware failure the cause of which is never made known because either the drone is entirely lost or gets sent back to dji who have replaced it and with that any further understanding what caused the problem evaporates.

eventually when i did send my drone back they kindly replaced the entire gimbal section. I mean thats great and all and i truely appreciate it since it did not cost me anything but it has not changed my situation which implies to me that they too are trouble shooting in the dark.

anyway i empathise with you. good luck.

tell me one thing - what devise are you using day to day for drone flying."
2018-3-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Bulldog Posted at 2018-3-9 05:16
Here is a response from somebody having the same problems. The only person who has become a burden, is fan boys that don't think DJI can make a defective drone. Divisive people like you are a drain on society. You call me a lair and a problem every chance you get, however one of the pilots with the most experience had the same exact problems, he has flown over a million miles. So you will have to excuse me, when I ignore your comments from now on. Ok?

"hey bulldog - i have also flown with what i believe is a faulty drone for a 6 days short of a full year - done 1265km so far.

He has flown over a million miles, well the drone or dji owe him nothing, if your having so many problems why not sell it go get yourself a Karma , I’m sure they have a forum for constant whinging.....
2018-3-9
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

You left out one other vote/choice.... "My husband has cut my budget..."  
2018-3-9
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-3-9 07:24
He has flown over a million miles, well the drone or dji owe him nothing, if your having so many problems why not sell it go get yourself a Karma , I’m sure they have a forum for constant whinging.....

How could I sell a broken drone? You are having a hard time following the conversation aren't you?
2018-3-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Bulldog Posted at 2018-3-9 13:21
How could I sell a broken drone? You are having a hard time following the conversation aren't you?

It’s not me that’s not able to read what the thread is about, it you as you do on most threads.
Your case is simple start a case send your drone back get a replacement or get it repaired, you seem to forget that they’re are hundreds of thousands of Mavic pro’s out there flying perfectly well, I’m beginning to think having a damaged drone gives you the satisfaction of being able to wreck every thread around here with your whining.
If it’s broke get it fixed quit the whinging.
2018-3-9
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-3-9 13:41
It’s not me that’s not able to read what the thread is about, it you as you do on most threads.
Your case is simple start a case send your drone back get a replacement or get it repaired, you seem to forget that they’re are hundreds of thousands of Mavic pro’s out there flying perfectly well, I’m beginning to think having a damaged drone gives you the satisfaction of being able to wreck every thread around here with your whining.
If it’s broke get it fixed quit the whinging.

still having a hard time huh? It's ok pumpkin
2018-3-9
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1316732 ft
  • >>>
United States

Second ( or third, or fourth, ....) is much easier than the first.  You eventually realize what you REALLY need, and what is just extra stuff to carry around.
2018-3-9
Use props
Wyke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33166 ft
United Kingdom

I really don’t want to spend more money on a new bag for everything but it’s looking likely in the near future, given all the drone stuff I’m accumulating. However, I’ve found, with a bit of careful packing, I can give my wallet a little respite by packing the  “only needed in the field” stuff in my FMC bag. Provided I don’t use the prop guards that is, and who uses those anyway (I tell myself).

So in the bag I can get; 2 spare batteries, RC, Crystalsky battery, PolarPro Crystalsky mount (broken down) with screw driver, Crystalsky, USB cable, spare lightning cable in case I need to use my  phone, spare props, and in the flappy bit on the side, the Mavic Air in its protective case.

Quite an achievement but I figured there was no need to carry chargers etc, as they only get used at home anyway. It’s amazing what you can do when you don’t have the funds for a nice new padded bag from the likes of National Geographic or Peak Design.
2018-3-9
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

WebParrot Posted at 2018-3-9 08:24
You left out one other vote/choice.... "My husband has cut my budget..."

I didn't percieve that as a viable option....

(I think there might be something wrong in your relation)

2018-3-11
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-3-11 04:05
I didn't percieve that as a viable option....

(I think there might be something wrong in your relation)

:-) It was worth noting :-)  A few of our posters are female and my partner/spouse is a retired executive who earned twice what I earned.  And I worked in health care where 70% of the employees are female.  Where I fly there are two women who have more fixed wings and we're all envious!  Certainly wasn't intended as a criticism
2018-3-11
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

WebParrot Posted at 2018-3-11 04:39
:-) It was worth noting :-)  A few of our posters are female and my partner/spouse is a retired executive who earned twice what I earned.  And I worked in health care where 70% of the employees are female.  Where I fly there are two women who have more fixed wings and we're all envious!  Certainly wasn't intended as a criticism

A retired Executive, that spells double the trouble!

Just mocking around a bit. We all know us men have the god given birthright to handle the checkbook.  

2018-3-11
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-3-2 07:16
Not to forget the "collateral damage". I just ordered a new PC that is strong enough to process the high resolution videos...

Just had to fit a new graphics card to mine as it died after 5 years of hard gaming and work related CAD stuff. Still DJI free but thinking of going back to MP as FPV racers are good but starting to miss the relaxing aerial photography.......
2018-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules