Is anybody able to get flightlogs out of Mavic Air on Mac?
2406 18 2018-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pawel_g
lvl.3
Flight distance : 509268 ft
Poland

Yes I know I asked that almost the same question already.But can anyone with Mac and Mavic Air confirm that is able to get flightlogs via DJI Assistant 2?

I'm on High Sierra (10.13.3), DJI Assistant 1.2.2.845.
I'm able to check and update firmware, I'm able to make visual sensor callibration, I'm able to access files on SD and Internal storage.
But when I'm on logs download page the progress circle simple spins forever with no result.

Br, Pawel.
2018-3-2
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

lol, that way they can refuse your return.
2018-3-2
Use props
pawel_g
lvl.3
Poland

That's why I'm concerned.
If something happens to my Air (hope not) - I'd like to be sure that I'll be able to get those logs out of it.

br,pawel
2018-3-2
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

I am literally going through that now. I have a record on this forum of having flight log issues, and now a crash. Guess what they are saying? No record, your fault. I have it escalded to a manager, but it has become a massive waste of my time. Not to mention I almost killed somebody when it finally malfunctioned and crashed. Check out my threads for more details, but you are doomed if you don't get that fixed. I wouldn't fly that anywhere near people, or animals. That thing is a lethal, buggy weapon.
2018-3-2
Use props
fans51c447b6
lvl.1
New Zealand

Bulldog Posted at 2018-3-2 10:58
I am literally going through that now. I have a record on this forum of having flight log issues, and now a crash. Guess what they are saying? No record, your fault. I have it escalded to a manager, but it has become a massive waste of my time. Not to mention I almost killed somebody when it finally malfunctioned and crashed. Check out my threads for more details, but you are doomed if you don't get that fixed. I wouldn't fly that anywhere near people, or animals. That thing is a lethal, buggy weapon.

I have the same issue.
2018-3-2
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

I know on Android you can manually go into a file explorer find djigo4. Then .txt flight logs then load them into dji flight log viewer... you can find that if you just Google it
2018-3-2
Use props
fans51c447b6
lvl.1
New Zealand

$gambino$ Posted at 2018-3-2 14:34
I know on Android you can manually go into a file explorer find djigo4. Then .txt flight logs then load them into dji flight log viewer... you can find that if you just Google it

This thread is about retrieving data from the aircraft, not from the files stored by DJI Go 4 on a mobile device... at least I think it is. I have the same experience with the spinning circle for the aircraft. I have been able to download log files from the remote controller using Assistant 2, and from my iPad using iTunes.
2018-3-2
Use props
fans51c447b6
lvl.1
New Zealand

I have the same issue with the same OS and DJI Assistant versions trying to get logs from the aircraft.
2018-3-2
Use props
kfloke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149961 ft
Singapore

You may need to restart your Mac. It does happen to me too, restart solve everything
2018-3-2
Use props
pawel_g
lvl.3
Poland

Restarting Mac does not change anything...

Br, Pawel.
2018-3-2
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Oh really fans51c447b6 i didnt notice! Ill let u boys figure it out.
2018-3-2
Use props
pawel_g
lvl.3
Poland

To be clear - I'm talking about logs from aircraft not the DJ GO4 logs - those are accessible via iTunes, but those logs are very simple and give only location in time.

Br, Pawel.
2018-3-3
Use props
MarcNL
lvl.3
Flight distance : 94682 ft
Netherlands

I have the same problem (spinning wheel when getting logs from aircraft) with the same software versions.
All other functionality works (calibration, firmware update, reading internal memory and SD).
Works on Windows, so there is information in the Aircraft...
2018-3-3
Use props
Mactech
lvl.2
United States

macOS 10.13 High Sierra implemented new application restrictions on what the app can 'talk' to and this maybe the reason you're unable to download them.

10.13 broke several legacy apps that I develop and they needed to be updated to support it.
2018-3-3
Use props
pawel_g
lvl.3
Poland

Yep, but the firmware update and calibration works fine, so there is link with the aircraft working.

br, Pawel.
2018-3-3
Use props
pawel_g
lvl.3
Poland

Ok, I've found the problem.
DJI Assistant 2 is using FTP protocol to get those files out of Mavic using DNIS driver for Android (it has nothing to do with your phone). It seems that DJI choose to use exactly the same IP numbering scheme for this internal connection as my home network - 192.168.42.X.
As soon as I disabled home network interface I was able download all logs.
This DNIS connection gives the 192.168.42.3 address to the MAC/PC and Mavic has 192.168.42.2 address - and there Assistant tries to FTP (and if I have same scheme on my local LAN if it is enabled - it tries to access address on local LAN not the Mavic...)

Br, Pawel
2018-3-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

pawel_g Posted at 2018-3-3 08:56
Ok, I've found the problem.
DJI Assistant 2 is using FTP protocol to get those files out of Mavic using DNIS driver for Android (it has nothing to do with your phone). It seems that DJI choose to use exactly the same IP numbering scheme for this internal connection as my home network - 192.168.42.X.
As soon as I disabled home network interface I was able download all logs.

Thanks for your update and glad that you got it worked. For your finding, I would like to transfer to our engineers to confirm.
2018-3-4
Use props
PUMMY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 376450 ft
United Kingdom

Can you acces the logs over ftp if you have a terminal app on your iOS device?
2018-3-5
Use props
pawel_g
lvl.3
Poland

PUMMY Posted at 2018-3-5 07:17
Can you acces the logs over ftp if you have a terminal app on your iOS device?

Not on iOS but on MacOS - yes, I can reach FTP server, although you need a login/password - I haven't tried if I can guess one.

br, Pawel.
2018-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules