DJI Mavic Air (Right Side of Image Blurry/Fuzzy). Thoughts???
3589 25 2018-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Top5ive
lvl.2
United States

So, first flight and I just noticed an issue with my camera/image quality.  I noticed that the left side of my image from videos are far more clear (or sharper if you want to say) than the right side of my image.  

Here you can see a clear distinction in the trees and their branches on the left, where on the right its quite fuzzy.   As the camera rotates you can see what comes into the right side of the frame becomes clear.  Its like its split down the middle of clear vs. blurry/fuzzy

There are no finger prints on the lens at all, double and triple checked after seeing this.  This is the first flight and my camera settings are listed below....thoughts?

Camera Settings:
D-CineLike
Style: Custom (0,-1,-1)
Iso: 100
Shutter: 1000 (around or 1250)

2018-3-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Really weird, no idea what that could be assuming that the lens is clean.
2018-3-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's almost like an auto shallow focus image - very odd!
2018-3-2
Use props
Top5ive
lvl.2
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-3-2 13:25
Really weird, no idea what that could be assuming that the lens is clean.

Lens clean as a virgin!
2018-3-2
Use props
Top5ive
lvl.2
United States

Have been advised by support to try the following:

"1.  Can you please reupdate first the firwmare via DJI Assistant 2
  2.  Once its done. calibrate the IMU
  3.  Then the gimbal
  4.  Then reset the camera setting."

Will report back with my results.
2018-3-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Top5ive Posted at 2018-3-2 13:35
Have been advised by support to try the following:

"1.  Can you please reupdate first the firwmare via DJI Assistant 2

That's standard but does work - especially with focus issues (on the MP).
2018-3-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hope you get it sorted out!
2018-3-3
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

did it help anything? I prefer to be wrong, but for me that right side out of focus is more like lens/sensor problem. and then any software reinstall won't solve it :/
but please give us a update.
2018-3-3
Use props
Top5ive
lvl.2
United States

So while it helped a little...there is still a noticeable difference in the right and left so I plan to reengage DJI on Monday to follow up on my ticket.  Sad thing is this bird is spot on solid with no issues.  Hate to get one back that's anything different :-(
2018-3-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, sorry for the difficulties. Could you please provide me with the original video after doing what our support mentioned? You can upload the video from the drone to Dropbox and paste the link here, I would also help to check. Or you can also wait for the reply from our support. Thank you for your patience.
2018-3-4
Use props
Top5ive
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-4 23:18
Hi there, sorry for the difficulties. Could you please provide me with the original video after doing what our support mentioned? You can upload the video from the drone to Dropbox and paste the link here, I would also help to check. Or you can also wait for the reply from our support. Thank you for your patience.

DJI Thor, please see response below:

1. When was the issue started?
-The issue was present out of the box, noticed after first use.  Drone was fully updated to latest verison before flight

2. have you tried resetting the default camera setting?
-Per DJI chat support recommendations, I did the following below, in that order.  Although it improved slightly, the issue was still present.

1.  Reupdated the firwmare via DJI Assistant 2
    2.  Calibrated the IMU
    3.  Calibrated  the gimbal
    4.  Reset the camera setting

3.Is the Unit is at the latest firmware version?
-Yes

4.Any error that prompts on the App main screen?
-No errors associated with the issue or on app main screen

5.Any changes made on the settings prior to this issue?
-Color was set to D-Cinelike and tested in Normal after noticing issue.  Issue still existed in both profiles.

6.Can you please provide an original video sample for analysis?
     The area inside the yellow box in the sample video indicates where the issue is noticeably present.
    0:00-2:24 - Out of the box on latest firmware via over the air updates.
    2:24-6:38 - After reupdating with DJI Assistant
    *After updating it improved slightly but notice the softness of the image as you move from left to right still exist.  Image gets drastically sharper the further left you go across the sensor.

Dropbox Link:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/ytqckllikr3nqay/MavicAirIssue.mp4?dl=0
2018-3-5
Use props
itsjustme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

Sounds like the same blurry focus issue that plagued the Mavic pro. It could never get a full screen focus. One of the sides/corners of the picture would be out of focus at any given time. Some blamed the camera construction that it was not manufactured correctly that is the sensor was not centered between the lens etc.
2018-3-5
Use props
Top5ive
lvl.2
United States

itsjustme Posted at 2018-3-5 07:40
Sounds like the same blurry focus issue that plagued the Mavic pro. It could never get a full screen focus. One of the sides/corners of the picture would be out of focus at any given time. Some blamed the camera construction that it was not manufactured correctly that is the sensor was not centered between the lens etc.

This will likely warrant me returning my unit if thats the case.  Really liked this thing though coming from a Phantom 3.  Their 7 day return window is absurd tho.  It should at least be 14 days.  Gives you basically no time to figure out anything, especially if you have to deal with customer support and send in your unit.  By the time you get it back, you're well outside the 7 days.  And from what i'm seeing with mines, i'm pretty positive it will need to go back, so i have to make a decision to either just return it or be potentially stuck with an issue that appears to be a defect in the birds cam.  One of which i'm not willing to accept as a consumer because this issue is spread to far across the sensor
2018-3-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Top5ive Posted at 2018-3-5 05:54
DJI Thor, please see response below:

1. When was the issue started?

Sorry for the update and thank you very much for your feedback. I had received the news from our engineers, we still want the original pictures for further checking. Would you mind shooting the Jpeg and RAW format pictures and provide them to us, please export the pictures from the drone directly. Thank you in advance.
2018-3-7
Use props
Top5ive
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-7 22:39
Sorry for the update and thank you very much for your feedback. I had received the news from our engineers, we still want the original pictures for further checking. Would you mind shooting the Jpeg and RAW format pictures and provide them to us, please export the pictures from the drone directly. Thank you in advance.

I'm made the decision to return my order for refund.  If anyone on your team is curious, send me a PM and I can provide my return details so someone can test when you guys receive it back.
Also, I never shot any pictures, so in the event that the issue was not present in the pictures (which i believe it would have been), that would not have resolved my issue at hand of issues with the video.
2018-3-9
Use props
dylanhaskin
New
Flight distance : 946493 ft
Costa Rica

Hi,

I have the same issue on my mavic air.  Photos and video. Same location as your's too. Just above and to the right of center. You can see a photo example where the window in that location is clearly blurry.

I'm going to send it in for a repair when I get back from Costa Rica in April.

2018-3-10
Use props
Dronemon
lvl.1
Malaysia

Had the same problem here too. I thought it was calibration issue. after few self-diagnosis & googling, not really glad to know some others had it too. its troubling my mind to know theres a blur spot ruining all the shots. Ive uploaded some of the samples on youtube. Admin, if you need the files PM me & ill dropbox it - direct transfer from drone to PC.

2018-3-11
Use props
Top5ive
lvl.2
United States

Dronemon Posted at 2018-3-11 02:35
Had the same problem here too. I thought it was calibration issue. after few self-diagnosis & googling, not really glad to know some others had it too. its troubling my mind to know theres a blur spot ruining all the shots. Ive uploaded some of the samples on youtube. Admin, if you need the files PM me & ill dropbox it - direct transfer from drone to PC.

Wow...same exact issue man.  Get that thing sent back asap before you are beyond your 7-Day refund and/or 15-Day unit replacement.  I figured I would return mines for refund, see what the mavic pro ii looks like (even tho its almost out of my budget right now) and if nothing beyond great, then I'd try the Mavic Air again.  By that time, price on it should be down a little too.  Was really disappointed to have that issue out of the box tho.  Sucks because thats such a great little drone.  I hope when they get these things back, they are really getting them out of rotation or acknolweding that this is an actual issue.  Would have hated to have sent in my bird and got a response back that there was no issue present, and also been out of my return window.
2018-3-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Top5ive Posted at 2018-3-9 07:36
I'm made the decision to return my order for refund.  If anyone on your team is curious, send me a PM and I can provide my return details so someone can test when you guys receive it back.
Also, I never shot any pictures, so in the event that the issue was not present in the pictures (which i believe it would have been), that would not have resolved my issue at hand of issues with the video.

Understood, our engineers will also check when we receive the drone, if it is possible, please provide me with your case number, I will also take a look at it.
2018-3-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

dylanhaskin Posted at 2018-3-10 10:41
Hi,

I have the same issue on my mavic air.  Photos and video. Same location as your's too. Just above and to the right of center. You can see a photo example where the window in that location is clearly blurry.

Hi Dylan, could you please upload the original pictures from the drone to Dropbox and provide me with the link for a better check? Since the picture you uploaded to Skypixed seems to be compressed. Thank you in advance.
2018-3-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Had the same problem here too. I thought it was calibration issue. after few self-diagnosis & googling, not really glad to know some others had it too. its troubling my mind to know theres a blur spot ruining all the shots. Ive uploaded some of the samples on youtube. Admin, if you need the files PM me & ill dropbox it - direct transfer from drone to PC.

https://youtu.be/ufDgC9OYEQA

Hi there, if it is convenience, please upload the original videos from the drone to Dropbox. Thank you so much.
2018-3-12
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Had the same problem here too. I thought it was calibration issue. after few self-diagnosis & googling, not really glad to know some others had it too. its troubling my mind to know theres a blur spot ruining all the shots. Ive uploaded some of the samples on youtube. Admin, if you need the files PM me & ill dropbox it - direct transfer from drone to PC.

https://youtu.be/ufDgC9OYEQA

I can not see anything wrong with those video's in fact I thought they were excellent. Are you just being too picky
2018-3-12
Use props
Dronemon
lvl.1
Malaysia

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-12 20:24
Hi there, if it is convenience, please upload the original videos from the drone to Dropbox. Thank you so much.

Here u go

Sample 1
Sample 2
Sample 3
Sample 4
2018-3-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Sorry for the late reply and appreciate your info. Please allow me a little time to confirm. Thank you very much.
2018-4-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Dronemon, sorry to bother. Could you please do me a favour again? Please kindly provide me with the original pictures that are taken by the ISO lower than 100 with the J+R format? Please provide both the jpeg and raw photos for further checking. We appreciate your help.
2018-4-13
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dhlx3gkz53p95vc/DJI_0114.MP4?dl=0&m= can you please check if my mavic also have the same issue? Thank you very much
2018-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules