1206 11 2018-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansccf8379b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66877 ft
United Kingdom

Hi
Whilst flying my spark It went straight from having 17 satellites and full GPS to 17 satellites and 0 GPS , whilst in flight . Second time it’s happened .
any ideas why this  would happen ? Thoughts / experiences welcomed !

Thanks !
2018-3-2
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

It is not really losing GPS from the satellites.. .if spark gets confusing information from its compass, IMU or GPS   .. (like compass thinks it is flying one way and GPS says another) then spark drops the GPS info because it can't determine which one is correct.  The error message is a little unclear on that.   So in your case .. it could be compass interference... or it has been found recently that quick maneuvers in sport mode sometimes confuse the sparks internal sense of direction.
2018-3-2
Use props
fansccf8379b
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks - what would cause compass interference ? I was in a field ! Not much about - would appreciate any insight
2018-3-2
Use props
Lyons90
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164528 ft
Australia

fansccf8379b Posted at 2018-3-2 14:48
Thanks - what would cause compass interference ? I was in a field ! Not much about - would appreciate any insight

how far into the flight did this happen?
A lot of cases where this has happened early in the flight when people have launched from bonnet of car or close to a metal structure
2018-3-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fansccf8379b Posted at 2018-3-2 14:48

Hi, there. Please fly without metal, factories and high voltage line. Sorry for your lost. Please try to search your drone according to the last GPS position. Please contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support You can provide the flight records for further analysis.
2018-3-2
Use props
fansccf8379b
lvl.1
United Kingdom

We were 1m 30 into the flight in a field but nothing obvious around !   I’ve ogone need a case and sent flight Logs . Both times it happened in rural,  quiet areas .
2018-3-2
Use props
WarmleyWobblers
lvl.1
United Kingdom

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/G2ZDEKKHO6PF0H8VWAGH/

This is the log from the flight. I'd like to know why it would lose GPS signal even though 17 sats avail It's a Rural area and compass seemed ok - only compass failure when it lost GPS.  It did crash
This spark has done this once before !  

I'm a bit sad now I don't have pod and much confidence.

Cheers
2018-3-5
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

It started with 'Yaw Error"  that seems to be pretty common when this happens.  Maybe someone more knowledgeable can explain it to us.   I think  the spark IMU believes the spark is pointing in one direction but it is actually pointing in a different direction.  Again, even though it says "Weak GPS signal. Positional accuracy may be compromised. Please fly with caution.; Yaw Error"  I don't think that the GPS signal was really at fault... just that the spark had the yaw error and discontinued use of the GPS data...  "Weak GPS...." is probably a bad translation from Chinese.

2018-3-5
Use props
WarmleyWobblers
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks . I guess some of these things come with experience . maybe someone can explain it . Fingers crossed . Always good to know for next time !
2018-3-5
Use props
Clint Baker
lvl.1

United States

I'm having a problem with my DJI Sparks it takes off and then I lose connection it disconnects it reconnects it disconnects and I'm only 10 feet away and when I get up to about 15-20 feet it disconnects when I go through the application to look at the sensors it says in coded air what does that mean
2018-3-7
Use props
Clint Baker
lvl.1

United States

It says in coded air what does encoded error mean
2018-3-7
Use props
Clint Baker
lvl.1

United States

Encoded Error mean