Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
NEW Mavic Air with bad hot pixel. Support no help.
2259 2 2018-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nick Nickelson
lvl.1

United States

[media=x,970,580] http://www.youtu.be/L72NB-0OdzQ[/media]
I literally just ordered this drone from DJI and Fedex delivered it yesterday... The image sensor appears to have a "hot pixel" almost in the middle of the screen. Anyone else seeing this in very dark shots? The way I found out was while going through all the settings at home today in a dark room and cycling the resolutions and fps modes. In the video above is what I experienced in all resolutions with fps at 60, 50 or 48 only. Recorded to make sure it wasn't my phone to see if it came out in the clips, and it does. So I ventured to find out how to get a replacement. Don't want a refurb since this thing is brand new, under the 15 day rule and it should qualify. So after talking to phone support first, then chat support today and getting very little help, here's the email I wrote support:

Ok, I'm trying to get a simple replacement for my Mavic Air  I received yesterday, upon testing the video modes, I noticed there is a  big "hot pixel" in the middle of the screen on the sensor.
It will show up in 720p, 1080p, 2.7k at frame rates of 60fps, 50fps and  48fps only. All other fps it will not show. I really cannot afford any  down time as I was planning on using this to shoot video for a project  and this is seriously disappointing me now because of the lack of  support I have received today.

First attempt was calling DJI support, which the nice foreign guy told  me to try refreshing the firmware to see if it fixes the issue, which it  didn't, then told me to make a repair request online and he quickly got  off the phone call. I shrugged that off and said ok, repair request it  is. So I go to make a repair request and see the option for replacement  if it's within the 15 day period of purchase for any defects, so I  choose that option and it tells me to contact online support to initiate  that. I have attached that chat log in full to show what happened.  After explaining everything again, and showing the video clip that shows  the white hot pixel, he tells me that I have to go back to online  support and do a repair request!?

I then pointed out to him that I did that just before this chat session  and it said if within 15 days contact chat support for replacement  request!! And he said he was unfamiliar with that support option and  shooed be away again. Seriously!? I just put out $1000 for one of your  drones which showed up defective and I can't even get it replaced  because of DJI's apparent support!! This is leaving a very bad taste in  my mouth as a first time DJI customer to say the least. So, if you can,  please help me sort out this issue. I'm just trying to have fun, fly a  drone and capture cool stuff on video. If you can expedite that from  happening, It would be greatly appreciated. Here is the link to the hot  pixel video I took today: youtu.be/L72NB-0OdzQ (copy and paste, dji wont  let me post youtube link)
2018-3-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Nick, please note that we replied your problem in this thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-138507-1-1.html Please update in it so that we can follow your case easily. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2018-3-2
Use props
Nick Nickelson
lvl.1

United States

Thanks, I'll follow up with you there
2018-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules