Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
M600/RTK: Looking for Mapping payload suggestions
1703 2 2018-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ISeeIt.ca
lvl.2
Canada

I have an M600/RTK with a RoninMX gimbal that I use for my infrared/building inspection company.
I currently use a 3rd party (not DJI) infrared camera as well as a GH4, one at a time.

I now have a couple of client's asking me to do some mapping work.

I was thinking about the X5 but my current payload isolation rigging fits the RoninMX but not any of the DJI digital solutions. The two riggings are different and I don't see myself switching each time I need to switch cameras.

I'd rather have a camera solution that would GEO-Tag each image as they are taken and not have to perform multiple steps in order to achieve the final GEO-Tag images.

Q: Is anyone using this configuration: M600, RTK and RoninMX, for mapping, if so what payload are you using?
Q: I know that the RTK is only for navigation and not available for any GEO-Tagging (shame on DJI) has that/will that change anytime soon?

Appreciate your feedback.
Rick
2018-3-2
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

You can always go third party to geo tag. No information on any updates at this time.
2018-3-5
Use props
Kover
lvl.3
Belgium

I'm thinking of buying the (expensive) Flir Duo Pro R (includes geo-tagging) to use with the M600 pro + ronin MX.Since recently geo-tagging is possible with the Intelli-g device. Very nice device, I currently use it to control all settings on my GH4 while in the air : https://intelli-g.com/

Hello,

The answer is yes, the feature (included in the latest firmware versions) does allow you to register GPS coordinates (geotag) on the stick using the standard GPS of a M600/A3/N3 platform.

The geo-tagging using the normal GPS is included in the standard firmware (no additional fee).
The RTK support implies the payment of an Add-On license.

The accuracy using the standard DJI GPS has not yet been tested by us but it is within the precision of the module.

Best regards,

Dan

Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 11:59 AM
To: contact <contact@intelli-g.com>
Subject: Re: Subject

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

So, another question : with the GH4, if I don't use RTK, am I able to accurately geotag the pictures using the F-ports of the A3 pro (of course with the expansion-kit on LB2-RC), PWM-to-Sbus converter (connecting FC and Intelli-g), Intelli-g and a USB-stick attached to Intelli-g?

Thanks a lot

2018-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules