P4P range before RTH is 100m. Is it faulty from new?
1170 9 2018-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chaff_Cutter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9163 ft
Australia

Greetings,

I'm having major range issues that are messing with my head!
After reading a hell of a lot of other posts regarding poor range, I am thinking that my P4P might have to go in to get looked at.
I'm at about my 11th flight out of the box with latest updates on both quad and controller.
I am lucky to get 100m before RTH kicks in.
Transmission breaks up at around 70m.
The controllers' question to cancel RTH occurs at around 50m along with video.
I am flying over a clear open dry salt lake at no higher than 80m.
I have tried both 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz, manually selecting channels that are clear. Mind you, in the area I have flown, all channels are clear.
I have tried both 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz on auto.
I have had this problem out of the box and also after the updates. Nothing has changed with respect to what version I use.
I have clear Line Of Sight at all times.
I have watched the DJI 'How to adjust your antenna' video multiple times thinking that I have missed something. I am following the instructions in it.
I have my iPad mini in flight mode.
I have paired the controller to the Quad. Multiple times.
I am doing everything that I have read that I can do to improve this situation.
Most people with range issues are complaining that they can only get 1000 feet or 300 metres or so. I'd like to get that! - it'd triple my current range!

Other than the severe range issue, the P4P is a rather awesome piece of kit and I am happy with my acquisition.

I am at a loss...
If any one could please help with advice, that would be awesome.
Cheers!

2018-3-2
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Send it back while under warranty.
2018-3-2
Use props
nJo-nJo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51355 ft
Bulgaria

I have same problem, but it came when update my all. I don't know before that have forum...
2018-3-4
Use props
nJo-nJo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51355 ft
Bulgaria

P.s. dji don't care about us. Some people from forum told me to stop write here and only listen what big one says... If you find solution tell to us ;-)
2018-3-4
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

Yea you have a faulty unit. Contact DJI support and send your aircraft to them.
2018-3-4
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I feel sorry for your issues - a real bummer. I can imagine how you feel.
If you haven't send in your bird yet, try resetting the RC. It can't hurt and why not give it a try.
Click on this: Reset Remote Controller
2018-3-4
Use props
duke123
lvl.3
Flight distance : 78930 ft
United States

Its nothing that you have done its Called DJI drone and there solfware problems, good luck
2018-3-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Cutter, just to verify, the drone has never been crashed before, right? After checking what you have done, please first check if the firmware version of the drone is on V 01.05.0300, RC V 1.4.1.0. If no, please try to refresh the latest firmware via DJI Assistant 2. If yes, I suggest that you send the drone in, we will help to make an overall check for it. Please contact our support to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

nJo-nJo Posted at 2018-3-4 11:04
P.s. dji don't care about us. Some people from forum told me to stop write here and only listen what big one says... If you find solution tell to us ;-)

Hi there, I am sorry for your difficulties. May I know the specific issue and the operations that you did for troubleshooting the issue? We care much about the customer's experience with our product, if you had done many efforts, I would suggest that you send the drone in so we can help to check. Please contact our support for a further help: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-4
Use props
Chaff_Cutter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9163 ft
Australia

Hi all,
Thanks for the advice regarding sending back the quad under warranty.
OMFG! is it me or is the DJI website a navigational nightmare!
Not very happy that something brand new, out of the box is faulty.
Especially with the price tag that goes with it!
You'd think DJI would have a process of thorough testing before leaving the factory floor.
Cheers and happy flying!
Chaff
2018-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules