Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Info PH 3 NEW Firmare 1.1.6
3384 26 2015-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nurzia
lvl.2

United States

Hi DJI Team,
can I ask you an information about the new way to release and update the PH3 firmware.

I tried to find info about the fix and improve on this new 1.1.6 bin file but seems not exist any notice about.

I'm asking that just because for the previous FW you have left a note for each changes... and this info it's great for us.

Kind regards
MN
2015-5-4
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Confused too, I have informed them.
2015-5-4
Use props
buzzcbr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316545 ft
United Kingdom

Ive looked too but  dont think theres an update out yet. It says it will be shown on the web site and the app will also tell us when theres an update to download.
2015-5-4
Use props
jon.jongodfrey
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I think they put it up but then took it down again as there were problems with the file naming convention.  

DJI is not instilling a huge amount of confidence  :-/
2015-5-4
Use props
gcmini
lvl.1

United States

jon.jongodfrey Posted at 2015-5-4 17:30
I think they put it up but then took it down again as there were problems with the file naming conve ...

Correct, it was up .... there is something wrong with it so they took it down again.  Confidence level is very low at the moment
2015-5-4
Use props
jon.jongodfrey
lvl.3

United Kingdom

There's a real price being a early adoptor. The challenge is we are the customers DJI needs the most.

It's back up again.
2015-5-4
Use props
nurzia
lvl.2

United States

We are human, this seems to be a stupid error (wrong file fw naming) for the DJI project team... not a big deal.
The real (big) DJI problems here are different.. like the post sale communications or the spare parts availability.

My 2 cents

MN
2015-5-4
Use props
narwhal575
lvl.3
Flight distance : 713222 ft
Singapore

nurzia Posted at 2015-5-4 18:08
We are human, this seems to be a stupid error (wrong file fw naming) for the DJI project team... not ...

The new firmware had just been release
2015-5-4
Use props
Ulysse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Does the RC also need an update ? I understand I have to put the whole unzipped package on the SD card but the package contains only one BIN file. I presume it is a different BIN in the package for the RC ?
2015-5-4
Use props
nurzia
lvl.2

United States

Ulysse the procedure to upgrade the RC it's well described on the <How_to_Update_Firmware_en pdf> file:

## Updating the Remote Controller Firmware ##
Step 1- Check Battery and SD Card Capacity
Remote controller firmware is included in the aircraft firmware update package. Use the same update package file that is downloaded from the DJI official website. Ensure that the remote controller battery level is above 50%.
Step 2- Prepare the Firmware Update Package
1. Extract all downloaded files into the root directory of an SD card or USB thumb drive.
2. Insert the SD card into a SD card reader or the USB thumdrive onto the remote controller USB port when remote controller powered off. If you do not have a SD card reader, you may insert the SD card into the gimbal and connect the gimbal with remote controller to upgrade the remote controller.
Step 3- Update the Remote Controller
1. Power on the remote controller and wait 60 seconds until the upgrade begins. Do not power off the remote controller during the update.
2. It will take approximately 10 minutes to complete the firmware update. The camera will sound a beeping sound and the Status LED on the remote controller shows solid blue to indicate the update is in progress. The Status LED on remote controller shows solid green and beeping sound will stop

Cheers
MN
2015-5-4
Use props
Ulysse
lvl.4
  • >>>
Belgium

I read all of this 3 times before upgrading my Phantom. The bird itself is successfully updated (15 minutes to complete and "Success" in the TXT file).
My question is : is the RC firmware update contained in the same BIN file (contained in the ZIP package) as the one used to upgrade the Phantom (which should seem strange to me) ?
2015-5-4
Use props
gcmini
lvl.1

United States

Ulysse Posted at 2015-5-4 19:12
I read all of this 3 times before upgrading my Phantom. The bird itself is successfully updated (15  ...

Yes, the same file gets used on the quad and on the TX.  Seems strange ... but it works.
2015-5-4
Use props
Ulysse
lvl.4
  • >>>
Belgium

OK, thank you gcmini.
On the PDF it is written that the camera will emit a sound when updating the RC. So I presume the P3 should be powered on... but what if it has not been linked to the RC ? (iOS user)
2015-5-4
Use props
knarfboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Any Release Notes?
2015-5-4
Use props
Ulysse
lvl.4
  • >>>
Belgium

Just asked at the online support and it was mentioned "update for iOS app"
2015-5-4
Use props
droneflyers.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very confusing - the app (android) sometimes mentions updating firmware - is that in addition to the longer procedure described or does it replace the sd procedure?
2015-5-4
Use props
ntfa
lvl.4

United States

the instructions say you update the remote controller.  How is this done?  I assume the SD card is plugged into camera port.  How is the remote updated?
2015-5-4
Use props
rbarbour
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103222 ft
United States

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 unsynchronized ======
Packet: P3S_FW_V01.01.0006.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

Updated the P3A bird, took 2 - 5 minutes not 25

Step 3- Update the Aircraft
1. Ensure the remote controller is powered off and then power on the aircraft. Upgrade will begin automatically after aircraft is powered on.
2. It will take approximately 25 minutes to complete the firmware update. The camera will sound a short pluse of "D-D-D-D" beeping sound to indicate the upgarde is in progress and sound a “D---DD” beeping sound to indicate the update is complete with success.
3. Check the upgrade status by opening the “.txt” file that is automatically generated after the update. The update is successful if the text “result: successful” is in the document. Try upgrading the firmware again if the text “result: failed” is found or the gimbal sound a long beep sound.
Around 2 minutes to update the controller.
text files after updating

==========2015.05.04 22:58:31==========
Packet: /mnt/usb/P3S_FW_V01.01.0006.bin,
Upgrading ...
Result: Success

RC upgrade log:
start upgrade 13
success
start upgrade 14
success

2015-5-4
Use props
news
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1607267 ft
Spain

ok, i have downloaded the advance firmware, just need my drone now (tuesday or wednesday)  :-)
How long did the remote take to update ?
2015-5-4
Use props
rogeruzun
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325659 ft
United States

I updated my P3 Pro as per instructions and no issues.  You don't need to have the quadcopter on when updating the controller even though the instructions say the camera will beep when updating the controller that's a type-o.  they mean that the controller itself will beep.

It took about 10 mins for the quadcopter and about 3-4 mins for the controller.

-Roger
2015-5-4
Use props
gevorck
lvl.1

United States

Updating my copter only took like 30 seconds, and then "D-DD" changed to "D-D-D". It says "success" in the txt file, but I'm a bit confused since it wasn't remotely close to 25 minutes.
2015-5-4
Use props
Tomer
lvl.1

Israel

gevorck@gmail.c Posted at 2015-5-5 03:04
Updating my copter only took like 30 seconds, and then "D-DD" changed to "D-D-D". It says "success"  ...

What is new in the last firmware release? what bugs were fixed? what is the "changelog"  ?
Can anyone from DJI provide that info please?
2015-5-4
Use props
SJS94
New

United States

My computer does not have a port for the SD card on which to download the firmware update. Is there an alternative?
Never mind. Dumb question. Will pick up cheap card reader.
2015-5-4
Use props
jasper7821
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

My P3 Pro kept disconnecting the video and even more when recording 4k. I did the firmware update this morning and no more dropouts.  I'm using a Nvidia Shield. Hopefully the disconnects are gone for good.
What an incredible machine, I had several Phantoms and I'm very impressed with the P3.
2015-5-4
Use props
bradkaufman.mac
lvl.1

United States

After the TX upgrade Pilot shows version 1.1.5. It upgraded just fine with both texts showing success.
2015-5-4
Use props
chefobi
lvl.2

United States

Updating was trickier than I figured it would be but, I got it figured out.
2015-5-4
Use props
justforjoder
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38671 ft
  • >>>
Guatemala

Someone has the original version 1.1.5 I need it!!!!
2015-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules