Inspire 1 V1 or V2
6215 36 2018-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1904ef8e
lvl.2
United States

Say it isn't so.

Finally pulled the trigger and bought a Inspire 1.

I checked and had a response from DJI saying that autorized sellers are only selling V2 anymore and this one was.

Opened it and no X5 gimbal plate, T600, and remote ends in B.

Since I have been able to research and determine this appears to be a V1.0 (this week) they have sold out and no longer have the listing for the Inspire on their website.

Luckly I printed the advertisment page that included DJI responding on that page that it would be a V2.

ME - At this price I assume this is a Inspire 1, V2.0. Please confirm this is a V2.0, not a V1.0.
DJI Customer support - currently no Inspire 1 V1.0's are being sold through authorized DJI retailers. You can be sure it is and Inspire 1 V2.0

But DJI is closed so can't even talk to them.

What do you think they will/should do for me?  I don't want to return it and just get my money back, I want the product that I was promised for price I paid.

Concerns:

I want to run an X5
How old is the unit/battery last
all the other upgrades(?) lost by having the other version

Best

2018-3-2
Use props
djiuser_fiQgdFqHaUQg
lvl.3

Philippines

That's because when Dji released the v2.0, the remaining t600 v1 parts existing in their inventory were still used to make units into v2.0.

No X5 plate though would indicate this is a 100% v1, that's not even a t600 v1 converted to v2.

You got a v1 bro.

But I actually like the x3 gimbal because it's lighter and aerodynamic. So if you're only using the X3, X3 gimbals nice.

The x5 gimbal w/x3 cam seems to not be smooth in windy conditions because it's not as aerodynamic
2018-3-2
Use props
djiuser_fiQgdFqHaUQg
lvl.3

Philippines

You may have pulled the trigger on the wrong store bro.

If you wanna go for X5,
v2 is a lot better in aircraft vibration and gimbal vibration
2018-3-2
Use props
fans1904ef8e
lvl.2
United States

So one of my concerns with this possibly being an old machine might be true. I tried charging the battery and nothing.  Unless I am doing something wrong but not sure how I could be. I also put the number into the DJI decoder and it is coming up unknown model Dec 2015.
2018-3-3
Use props
dpeagle
lvl.4
United States

alot of tb47 batteries come doa.  the tb48 battery seems to be a better bet
2018-3-3
Use props
fans1904ef8e
lvl.2
United States

dpeagle Posted at 2018-3-3 10:56
alot of tb47 batteries come doa.  the tb48 battery seems to be a better bet

So do people just return the entire drone or does DJI replace the battery?
2018-3-3
Use props
dpeagle
lvl.4
United States

if in fact you were sold an inspire v1 i don't think dji will want to get involved. if you purchased the item from a dji dealer and they listed it as new (old stock) then they would be responsible i would think for getting you a replacement battery. alot of people got stuck buying "new" inspire 1s from non dji dealers and then having to buy a tb48 to get them up in the air. good luck
2018-3-3
Use props
fans1904ef8e
lvl.2
United States

dpeagle Posted at 2018-3-3 14:22
if in fact you were sold an inspire v1 i don't think dji will want to get involved. if you purchased the item from a dji dealer and they listed it as new (old stock) then they would be responsible i would think for getting you a replacement battery. alot of people got stuck buying "new" inspire 1s from non dji dealers and then having to buy a tb48 to get them up in the air. good luck

I purchased it from Sam's Club.  I am afraid I have not had much luck yet even though DJI confirmed they are an authorized reseller and they would only be selling v2.0

Of course Sam's club does not have just a battery to send, just return the entire item.  

It looks like this was shipped from China in 2015.  Seems like there should be some kind of ownership from both companies other than return for refund. All my hours dealing with this is worth nothing.

Aside from the v1 versus v2 - seems DJI should warranty any non-working parts.
2018-3-3
Use props
djiuser_fiQgdFqHaUQg
lvl.3

Philippines

fans1904ef8e Posted at 2018-3-3 14:32
I purchased it from Sam's Club.  I am afraid I have not had much luck yet even though DJI confirmed they are an authorized reseller and they would only be selling v2.0

Of course Sam's club does not have just a battery to send, just return the entire item.  

You must keep your request, if they said it’s a v2 then gave you a v1, it’s a scam. There’s a difference and DJI won’t give new stock now to your dealer. Don’t just lick the shoes of sam’s club who just fooled you.
2018-3-3
Use props
dpeagle
lvl.4
United States

im afraid in this case dji won't do anything and all sams club will do is allow you to return the item for a refund. you might ask for a refund of maybe $180.00 so you can replace the battery yourself.  just be thankful you didn't buy it online from a shady operation.
2018-3-3
Use props
dpeagle
lvl.4
United States

you might also look at you tube videos on bringing tb47 batteries back from the dead. the problem is that sitting on shelves for up to a year leaves them at too low a charge for the charger to bring them back. here are some how to vids. (https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+fix+a+dead+tb47)
2018-3-3
Use props
fans1904ef8e
lvl.2
United States

dpeagle Posted at 2018-3-3 17:03
im afraid in this case dji won't do anything and all sams club will do is allow you to return the item for a refund. you might ask for a refund of maybe $180.00 so you can replace the battery yourself.  just be thankful you didn't buy it online from a shady operation.

Wow - that is crazy that DJI doesn't warranty the batteries at all.
2018-3-3
Use props
fans1904ef8e
lvl.2
United States

dpeagle Posted at 2018-3-3 17:29
you might also look at you tube videos on bringing tb47 batteries back from the dead. the problem is that sitting on shelves for up to a year leaves them at too low a charge for the charger to bring them back. here are some how to vids. (https://www.youtube.com/results? ... +to+fix+a+dead+tb47)

thanks I will check them out
2018-3-3
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans1904ef8e Posted at 2018-3-3 17:37
Wow - that is crazy that DJI doesn't warranty the batteries at all.

The Battery for the Inspire 1 IS warranted for:

Battery: ->  6 Months and Charge Cycle less than 200 Times

See this DJI page for details : Click Warranty Period for Main Parts

The warranty claim will require your original sales receipt from the authorized DJI reseller. Contact After-Sales Support for details.

Your Inspire 1 may well have a T600 battery compartment placard. Since it was manufactured in Dec 2015, it WILL be a version 2 if it has

1) New 3510H motors
2) New larger Gimbal mount that accomodates the X5 and X5R
3) Landing Gear Risers attached to the original landing gear to raise the aircraft high enough for the mounted X5 and X5R

2018-3-4
Use props
fans1904ef8e
lvl.2
United States

Daroga Posted at 2018-3-4 07:02

Thank you.

I am afraid it does not appear to have any of those items.
2018-3-4
Use props
djiuser_fiQgdFqHaUQg
lvl.3

Philippines

Daroga Posted at 2018-3-4 07:02

T600 = v1 regardless of what it has though it may have been converted.

This guy however got a 100% v1 lol with x3 gimbal and B radio
2018-3-4
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans1904ef8e Posted at 2018-3-4 15:00
Thank you.

I am afraid it does not appear to have any of those items.

Sorry, I failed to read your original post identifying that your v1 had the original gimbal mount, etc.
Looks like you are a victim of a vendor off-loading old inventory!

Many original v1 owners upgraded their gimbal mounts and landing gear risers to accommodate the X5/X5R. DJI offered the parts and they are still available via eBay and vendors. The 3510H motors offer about a 15% increase in power to slightly offset the increased weight of the X5/X5R systems, but v1 owners have commented that the original motors work just fine with only a slight decrease in flight time. So depending on the price you paid for your kit and your need for the aircraft you can hopefully return the v1 or simply upgrade it for the X5.

The Inspire 1 is still an excellent craft. Good luck with your situation and always fly safely!
2018-3-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans1904ef8e Posted at 2018-3-3 14:32
I purchased it from Sam's Club.  I am afraid I have not had much luck yet even though DJI confirmed they are an authorized reseller and they would only be selling v2.0

I would recommend you contact Sam's Club to get the refund. You can provide us the SN number and we can check the model of your drone and see if it is V2.0. Thanks for your support and hope you solve this soon.
2018-3-5
Use props
fans1904ef8e
lvl.2
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-5 23:35
I would recommend you contact Sam's Club to get the refund. You can provide us the SN number and we can check the model of your drone and see if it is V2.0. Thanks for your support and hope you solve this soon.

Sam's Club is willing to refund the purchase.  I am not sure I will continue my membership or shop there considering their customer service, yes, I am unhappy with there attitude about the situation but it is because of the continued "we will contact you or have someone contact you" and no one ever does.   There customer service has made other mistakes as well.

BUT I don't want a refund - I would like what I was promised.  DJI was the one that said "I can be sure that it is a v2.0" . "Authorized dealers only have v2.0."   This can be found on Sam's club's website.

If this is the case, is something going to happen to Sam's Club for selling products they were not authorized to.

Is my time invested in this worth nothing?  Only resolution is return for your money.  I mean even if I was to accept it was a v1, I have to invest another $100 just for the plate so I could use a X5 let alone the other upgrades.

I have contacted DJI, thus far I have not been pleased with the response.  I thought we might be moving forward but doesn't seem like it.

my SN is W13DCJ13040886
2018-3-6
Use props
dpeagle
lvl.4
United States

this is just a guess on my part but following other manufacturers serial numbers. this was manufactured in april 2013 unit #886. just a guess. my guess is the numbers 13040886, 13 being the year, 04 being the month, 0886 being the specific unit.
2018-3-6
Use props
fans1904ef8e
lvl.2
United States

dpeagle Posted at 2018-3-6 14:53
this is just a guess on my part but following other manufacturers serial numbers. this was manufactured in april 2013 unit #886. just a guess. my guess is the numbers 13040886, 13 being the year, 04 being the month, 0886 being the specific unit.

Wow.  If that is the case it is even crazier - I thought it was 2015 and that was bad.
2018-3-6
Use props
dpeagle
lvl.4
United States

now you know why that tb47 won't charge. it likely sat in a warehouse for over 5 years.
2018-3-6
Use props
fans1904ef8e
lvl.2
United States

dpeagle Posted at 2018-3-6 15:08
now you know why that tb47 won't charge. it likely sat in a warehouse for over 5 years.

makes me concerned about the remote
2018-3-6
Use props
dpeagle
lvl.4
United States

last week i bought a "brand new" inspire 1 controller as a slave. it looks like it was built in early 2014.  batteries can be replaced. if your bird is new (unused), and you got it at a great price, i say enjoy it.
2018-3-6
Use props
djiuser_fiQgdFqHaUQg
lvl.3

Philippines

fans1904ef8e Posted at 2018-3-6 14:17
Sam's Club is willing to refund the purchase.  I am not sure I will continue my membership or shop there considering their customer service, yes, I am unhappy with there attitude about the situation but it is because of the continued "we will contact you or have someone contact you" and no one ever does.   There customer service has made other mistakes as well.

BUT I don't want a refund - I would like what I was promised.  DJI was the one that said "I can be sure that it is a v2.0" . "Authorized dealers only have v2.0."   This can be found on Sam's club's website.

It's not a difference of just the gimbal plate.

The v1 is buggy with the z3 camera which may be the ncore difference.

The radio code on the v1 is also the outdated B which has a bit less power.

The v2 esc's and motors also generate 30% less vibration.

The v2's carbon arms on the t601 has the best type as standard which is much stronger.

At least half of the aircraft have been improved on the V2
2018-3-6
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sam's Club is willing to refund the purchase.  I am not sure I will continue my membership or shop there considering their customer service, yes, I am unhappy with there attitude about the situation but it is because of the continued "we will contact you or have someone contact you" and no one ever does.   There customer service has made other mistakes as well.

BUT I don't want a refund - I would like what I was promised.  DJI was the one that said "I can be sure that it is a v2.0" . "Authorized dealers only have v2.0."   This can be found on Sam's club's website.

Return it and get a refund.

Sorry for your bad luck

Rich
2018-3-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sam's Club is willing to refund the purchase.  I am not sure I will continue my membership or shop there considering their customer service, yes, I am unhappy with there attitude about the situation but it is because of the continued "we will contact you or have someone contact you" and no one ever does.   There customer service has made other mistakes as well.

BUT I don't want a refund - I would like what I was promised.  DJI was the one that said "I can be sure that it is a v2.0" . "Authorized dealers only have v2.0."   This can be found on Sam's club's website.

Sorry to tell you that it is inspire 1.0. Can you tell me the way you contact our support? Did they confirm the model of drone for your? Thanks for your help.
2018-3-7
Use props
fans1904ef8e
lvl.2
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-7 02:58
Sorry to tell you that it is inspire 1.0. Can you tell me the way you contact our support? Did they confirm the model of drone for your? Thanks for your help.

They have not confirmed the year and model (v1 versus v2) but I think it is clear to everyone it is a v1.0.

My initial contact to customer service was through the on-line ticket system where I submitted my receipt and a print of Sam’s club website showing that DJI responded saying I “can be sure it is a v2.0”.

Since then I have been emailing one person, I believe it went to technical support.  I did call the other day trying to talk to someone because email has become very frustrating because responses aren’t always clear and sometimes the same day, sometimes the next, which makes for it slow and frustrating.

When I did call and explain giving my ticket number and they told me to continue emailing the person and to submit x, y, & z.

I submitted photos and receipts – it sounds they are willing to replace the unit provided they confirm the battery is dead but it would be for another v1.0.  Which makes me wonder if it would be a refurbished one if they don’t have them.   It also sounds like it could be over a month before it would get resolved, knowing if they will even replace it.

I have emailed the person asking for a direct contact to talk to them or someone else.
2018-3-7
Use props
djiuser_fiQgdFqHaUQg
lvl.3

Philippines

fans1904ef8e Posted at 2018-3-7 04:08
They have not confirmed the year and model (v1 versus v2) but I think it is clear to everyone it is a v1.0.

My initial contact to customer service was through the on-line ticket system where I submitted my receipt and a print of Sam’s club website showing that DJI responded saying I “can be sure it is a v2.0”.

Customer support assumed the dealer has no more v1 stocks. But they do and that is normal because some v1 stocks never sold.
They deceived you in a way though by claiming v2 but product was v1
2018-3-7
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

dpeagle Posted at 2018-3-6 14:53
this is just a guess on my part but following other manufacturers serial numbers. this was manufactured in april 2013 unit #886. just a guess. my guess is the numbers 13040886, 13 being the year, 04 being the month, 0886 being the specific unit.

The Inspire series was first introduced on Nov 13th, 2014 - (Wikipedia).
While not consistent across every DJI model, a group over on MavicPilots forum has decoded the general DJI serial numbering methodology (DJI Serial Decoder Thread).
Using the information in this thread, there was a very good web decoder and even an Android App.
The web decoder was recently shutdown but a simpler version was re-opened at DJI Serial Decoder.
The new decoder does not include all of the model designations that the original had, but most DJI serials follow this numbering scheme and do show the correct manufacture date...
It's been guessed that the Inspire 1 serials beginning W1 were built as v1 aircraft and may have been upgraded, while W2 serials were built as version 2.

2018-3-7
Use props
dpeagle
lvl.4
United States

with that decoder the build date was 12/15.  much better fans1904
2018-3-7
Use props
Mr. Stow
lvl.2

Austria

What would you be willing to spend on a drone like that? What are your reasons for an Inspire?
You could think about getting an Inspire 2, depending on your financial situation, you could even go to crazy extends with the combos ;)Or you could check out educational discounts: https://store.dji.com/education
2018-3-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans1904ef8e Posted at 2018-3-7 04:08

My initial contact to customer service was through the on-line ticket system where I submitted my receipt and a print of Sam’s club website showing that DJI responded saying I “can be sure it is a v2.0”.

Thanks for your update. The situation will be forwarded. Sorry for the inconvenience it brings and hope this problem will be solved soon.
2018-3-9
Use props
Sweir1171
lvl.2
Flight distance : 316631 ft
United States

I am unfortunately in the exact same situation you are.....  I was reassured by calling DJI that it was a V2 and that they are an authorized dealer.  My inspire 1 was delivered yesterday and it’s a v1 which will not be compatible with my X5 and to top it off the battery is also dead.  

I contacted DJI who suggested I send an email to support.us@dji.com to have it replaced with the correct v2.  So I sent the email with plenty of photos and documentation.

I just got my response email.  Basically a computer generated email (#1027192) saying nothing about or trying to fix the situation.   The email stated they can not upgrade or downgrade an exchange.   

But somehow it was ok for them to downgrade my purchase to a V1 that doesn’t even work.  

Like you I’m very dissapointed in the product and lack of actual customer service.   They seemed more concerned with me taking a survey than actual addressing the true issue.   

If you come across any information please let me know...

Good luck

Steve
Sweir1171@gmail.com
2018-3-10
Use props
Sweir1171
lvl.2
Flight distance : 316631 ft
United States

Update....

Or lack there of.

I’ve been going back and forth with DJI on this and it’s been a week of waiting over 24 hours for email’s that are not much more than auto responses asking for the same questions every time and obviously not reading the emails.  When calling they will not let you talk to anyone in America which is interesting because they give a North American number to you if that’s what you ask for.  

I also posted in the reviews on samsclub.com to warn people that they will not recieve what is listed but sams club moderator’s removes the review instantly.  Twice.  

Dji is avoiding responsibility on all ends.  Even though they told me they are an authorized dealer and they would only be sending out v2’s.

They’re supposed to have a “supervisor” call me within 48 hours of the last Friday.   When that happens I’ll provide an update.

And I still have a bad battery which they don’t care about either...

2018-3-19
Use props
Paul Suthard
lvl.3
Flight distance : 116634 ft
United States

I just got a used inspire 1 pro. how can i check the firmware version?
2018-3-21
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft

Paul Suthard Posted at 2018-3-21 17:05
I just got a used inspire 1 pro. how can i check the firmware version?

On the screen you will see three dogs on the upper right hand corner click on that and scroll all the way down to the bottom where it says about click on that it will bring you up to the page you R looking for.
2018-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules