OSMO Mobile 2 + iPhone 8 Plus
15821 16 2018-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mazdak
lvl.1
Denmark

DJI please help me out here.

I have just bought the osmo mobile 2 and the iPhone 8 Plus.
When I balance the phone horizontally it works great. But when I balance the phone vertically the osmo mobile 2 makes weird noizes and vibrates like a dildo. It have tried to make it work for almost 3 hours now, and I don't know what to do. The primary reason I bought the osmo 2 was to make videos for social media. Please help med out here.

What am I doing wrong and how can I fix it?

Best regard,
Mazdak
2018-3-3
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

It supposed to be turned off when you do the balancing. You say it´s vibrating so that tells me it´s turned on.
2018-3-4
Use props
Mazdak
lvl.1
Denmark

Swedrone Posted at 2018-3-4 10:23
It supposed to be turned off when you do the balancing. You say it´s vibrating so that tells me it´s turned on.

No, I put the iPhone 8 Plus on the Oslo mobile 2 when it is turned of. When I have balanced it vertically — very hard by the way — and then turn it on it makes noises. I have even tried to calibrate it, and that does not seem to work either.
2018-3-4
Use props
HCADAMS3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 219278 ft
United States

Shot horizontal in 4k then edit to the shape you want, vertical video is UGH!  UnEdited video is worse then vertical video.        If you're shooting stills in vertical, okay but you don't need a gimbal to shoot stills, you need a tripod.   Just my opinion, I'm sure there will be lot's of counter opinions.
2018-3-10
Use props
HCADAMS3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 219278 ft
United States

Video on balancing Mobile 2 and 8+
2018-3-10
Use props
fans93ec2a04
New

United States

I’m having the same damn problem. Dildo is a great way to describe it
2018-3-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Here is the tutorial video about how to operate Osmo Mobile 2 including how to balance it horizontally and vertically, please begin at 1:03:
If the gimbal keeps vibrating vertically, may I have a short video about the process you balance the gimbal? Thank you.
2018-3-14
Use props
Cristhian Vieira
lvl.1
Brazil

I got the same problem, one thing I notice. If you mount like the video above, my phone won't rotate in all direction, it will hit in some corner of the gimbal.
2018-4-13
Use props
Cristhian Vieira
lvl.1

https://youtu.be/sEO9wigYAsk

Look what I got!
2018-4-16
Use props
Cristhian Vieira
lvl.1

Any news about that issue? I just buy this because of Portrait mode feature.

And I can’t use my gimbal.
2018-4-20
Use props
ZWT
lvl.1
United States

How is the footage with an iPhone? I thought it was basically unusable because of the OIS issues.
2018-4-20
Use props
Cristhian Vieira
lvl.1
Brazil

Somebody ?

DJI we need a answer here, it's not a isolate situation.
I just buy this gimbal because of this feature.

2018-4-27
Use props
Cristhian Vieira
lvl.1

Hello, DJI, ahhn could you tell anything about it? We’ll waiting for an answer here.

I just need use it on Portrait mode.
2018-5-1
Use props
Cristhian Vieira
lvl.1
Brazil

Well, no answers no answers I wanna know if the dji moderator is watching this.

Come on ?
2018-5-3
Use props
Cristhian Vieira
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI please help me, I'm at Rio de Janeiro Brazil and I have to repair my gimbal, it's not right, I can't balance it on portrait mode on my iphone 8 plus.
Please contact me at my email (cristthian@msn.com)  I need to use my gimbal since I've gifted I didn't use it proporly well.
2018-5-4
Use props
Cristhian Vieira
lvl.1

Jesus, I’m still waiting just for one thought about that issue and DJI don’t say a thing.
2018-5-5
Use props
Cristhian Vieira
lvl.1
Brazil

It’s been a very long time since then and nothing dji
2018-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules