Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Nicolezehn Posted at 2018-3-3 20:19
Thank you for replying and for taking a closer look at my case. #991270
Please also take into consideration that the drone crashed in P mode (0.25 secs) and not in Atti mode as everyone is suggesting. I would appreciate an detailed explanation and reason why it didn't register my commands and it crashed in p mode?

Hi Nicole, the drone crashed in Atti Mode instead of P mode.
In T=00:37, H=4.4m, the aircraft switched to Attitude mode due to weak GPS signal, and there was pop-up message that the Satellite positioning off, fly with cautious. GTScreenshot_20180305_165444.png
In T=00:52, H=-0.2 m, the aircraft crashed in A mode, in this mode, the aircraft could not hover in place, brake and avoid obstacle automatically.
GTScreenshot_20180305_165045.png
It is pilot error caused the accident, sorry that the warranty service cannot be provided. Appreciate your understanding.
2018-3-5
Use props
Nicolezehn
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-5 00:57
Hi Nicole, the drone crashed in Atti Mode instead of P mode.
In T=00:37, H=4.4m, the aircraft switched to Attitude mode due to weak GPS signal, and there was pop-up message that the Satellite positioning off, fly with cautious.[view_image]
In T=00:52, H=-0.2 m, the aircraft crashed in A mode, in this mode, the aircraft could not hover in place, brake and avoid obstacle automatically.

Hi DJI Mindy,

Thank you for looking into this. However can you explain the timecode when the drone crashed is at 25 secs and atti mode was switched on at 36 secs?
2018-3-5
Use props
Nicolezehn
lvl.1
Indonesia

Nicolezehn Posted at 2018-3-5 01:02
Hi DJI Mindy,

Thank you for looking into this. However can you explain the timecode when the drone crashed is at 25 secs and atti mode was switched on at 36 secs?

Please can you also explain the unresponsiveness of my commands, in either mode.
2018-3-5
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

Macdugel Posted at 2018-3-4 10:46
Absolutely!  It's good to know especially getting into situations where it might get tight.  Some experienced pilots like the mode for smooth shots, but I think you can achieve the same thing in cinematic mode safer.

I've never had 'the pleasure' of flying ATTI mode yet, it's to bad you can't excersise it with current DJI drones.

I made a poll to get ATTI mode integrated into the simulator, I would love to gain some experience for when it is needed.  https://forum.dji.com/thread-138773-1-2.html
2018-3-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Nicolezehn Posted at 2018-3-5 01:05
Please can you also explain the unresponsiveness of my commands, in either mode.

Per the log, the crash happened at 00:52, at this time, the drone has already switched into ATTI mode. You began to take video at 00:26, may I know how did you figure out the drone crashed at 25 seconds? E8DFDCB0-BCD3-86BD-C49E-9DB0E1F5CE03.png
3D6410AC-DF28-84EE-7ACD-95B7D1037DD3.png 44A76912-C6B8-B2BD-84AF-7B610DF633EB.png
In Atti mode, the drone is easily affected by the wind or any interference, it requires rich experience and ability of pilot to fly in this mode, we have made it clear in user manual that please avoid flying in places where GPS is weak, thanks for your understanding.
2018-3-5
Use props
Nicolezehn
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-5 01:30
Per the log, the crash happened at 00:52, at this time, the drone has already switched into ATTI mode. You began to take video at 00:26, may I know how did you figure out the drone crashed at 25 seconds?[view_image]
[view_image][view_image]
In Atti mode, the drone is easily affected by the wind or any interference, it requires rich experience and ability of pilot to fly in this mode, we have made it clear in user manual that please avoid flying in places where GPS is weak, thanks for your understanding.

The last recorded video shows 25 secs when it crashed.
I understand that atti mode can be affected by wind or interference, but in this case, there was no wind because it was behind a cliff and no other interferences. I have made counter-movements and it seems the drone did not register my movements.
2018-3-5
Use props
Macdugel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 630577 ft
United States

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-3-5 01:15
I've never had 'the pleasure' of flying ATTI mode yet, it's to bad you can't excersise it with current DJI drones.

I made a poll to get ATTI mode integrated into the simulator, I would love to gain some experience for when it is needed.  https://forum.dji.com/thread-138773-1-2.html

Agreed - some argue it needs to be a mode to be able to switch to vs. situational / scenario based.   
2018-3-5
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-5 01:30
Per the log, the crash happened at 00:52, at this time, the drone has already switched into ATTI mode. You began to take video at 00:26, may I know how did you figure out the drone crashed at 25 seconds?[view_image]
[view_image][view_image]

Hi DJI Mindy, could you look at the topic I made with the sugestion to implement ATTI mode into the DJI GO App Simulator.
That would give us Mavic users the opportunity to gain the muxh needed experience flying in ATTI mode, something we can't gain now in real life because of the inability to select ATTI mode.

The topic is over here

2018-3-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Nicolezehn Posted at 2018-3-5 01:57
The last recorded video shows 25 secs when it crashed.
I understand that atti mode can be affected by wind or interference, but in this case, there was no wind because it was behind a cliff and no other interferences. I have made counter-movements and it seems the drone did not register my movements.

Nicole, it seems that there is some misunderstanding. In ATTI mode, the drone is hard to keep the attitude even without wind, that's the reason why you feel it is not easy to control. Hope this makes it clear.
2018-3-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-3-5 09:01
Hi DJI Mindy, could you look at the topic I made with the sugestion to implement ATTI mode into the DJI GO App Simulator.
That would give us Mavic users the opportunity to gain the muxh needed experience flying in ATTI mode, something we can't gain now in real life because of the inability to select ATTI mode.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I have replied your post, please check later.
2018-3-5
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-5 23:18
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I have replied your post, please check later.

Thank you so much DJI Susan, highly appreciated
2018-3-6
Use props
Nicolezehn
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-5 23:18
Nicole, it seems that there is some misunderstanding. In ATTI mode, the drone is hard to keep the attitude even without wind, that's the reason why you feel it is not easy to control. Hope this makes it clear.

Thanks DJI Susan, can you look into my remote control data and see if there are movements recorded?
I understand it would be hard to control, but remote control should show I've made counter movements?
2018-3-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Nicolezehn Posted at 2018-3-9 20:26
Thanks DJI Susan, can you look into my remote control data and see if there are movements recorded?
I understand it would be hard to control, but remote control should show I've made counter movements?

Nicole, I've double checked with the engineers that they confirm that there is no abnormity in the stick movement. It is hard to estimate the drifting speed in ATTI mode, you may feel it is uncontrollable when the drone drifted faster than the sticks input.
2018-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules