4656 121 2018-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

Bulldog Posted at 2018-3-9 04:45
I know it's really hard, but I have addressed this several times in this very thread. Here it is in bullet points.

here it is, one more time for you. I said it 6 times in this thread now.
2018-3-9
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

Bulldog Posted at 2018-3-3 06:54
App drops every single fight I have ever flown. I have tried approved list phones, tablets and the whole deal. Been asking about how to fix this for over 6 months now, and DJI ignores me. I have been asking how to extract the info from the drone, so I have some leverage when DJI fixes it. I can't acces the records, been asking DJI Thor and Grace for help with this for 6 months. They only ignore me.

So drop of app isn't the worst, and even DJI grace and Thor recommended I keep flying it. Last flight, I turned on the drone, let it idle for half a min, then took off. About 6 feet in the air, it spun out of control and missed my daughters head by inches. She is 4 years old.

here it is explain in a different way for you..........
2018-3-9
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

Bulldog Posted at 2018-3-3 09:30
Problem is, I have responded literally hundreds of times to people, and I have tried everything. I was able to fly so many meters, because I would risk app drops every flight. I would just hit return to home, and wait for relaunch but as time went on I kept my flights around 2000ft, where I could still visually see the drone. I could go on more, but why really. At the end of the day, you don't care, I wont convince you, and my drone is still garbage.

one more time. I count 8 times now
2018-3-9
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-3-9 05:17
i also succeeded on and off as long as i have without a recommened devise and i am now pretty sure that is the problem.
your devise has pretty good specs - above averge of whats on the list.
I was thinking that specs are relevant but considering your good phone specs i am now not sure any more.

and here is an example from one of the best pros on the boards, who had the same exact problems.
2018-3-9
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

ghostrdr Posted at 2018-3-9 14:37
I've been following your threads since the beginning and I still don't understand why you continued to fly a drone you believed was defective. If you launched a Mavic you knew was defective, YOU crashed it. Odds are the drone they send back will be a replacement and you'll be rid of the original problem anyway.

Do you understand yet? Cause your ability to troll far exceeds your abilty to read.
2018-3-9
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Bulldog Posted at 2018-3-9 14:50
and here is an example from one of the best pros on the boards, who had the same exact problems.

and here is an example from one of the best pros on the boards, who had the same exact problems.
This sentence above is all that appears in your post - i do not see the example - would appreciate if you could send that example to me
2018-3-9
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

lol, it was what you posted earlier in the thread.

Troll was asking questions I have literally answered 8 times in this thread alone.
2018-3-9
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

So another 120 minutes on the phone, and DJI still hasn't had a manager call. This is ridiculous. All he people saying start a return claim with dji.......
2018-3-9
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

Thank god he crashed. This could have been ugly!

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1246587

"I was going to bring my drone to Disneyland, and take off from inside my room then out the sliding door. Turning sensors off of course. Then back up to the room."
2018-3-10
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

I was in talks with a Security officer from Disney, and they will allow it before hours. My hotel is hanging over Disney. Not too hard to comprehend here.

2018-3-10
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
United States

Disney "security" has nothing to do with it genius. You are definitely a danger to the public!

http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_4_3634.html
2018-3-10
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

From your link.

4/3634

Click for Sectional
NOTAM Text
Operating Restrictions and Requirements        Top
No pilots may operate an aircraft in the areas covered by this NOTAM (except as described).
THIS NOTAM REPLACES NOTAM 9/4985 TO REFLECT A TRANSPORTATION SECURITY ADMINISTRATION (TSA) WEBSITE UPDATE AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CONCERNING AIRSPACE WAIVERS. FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS IN THIS NOTAM COMPLY WITH STATUTORY MANDATES DETAILED IN SECTION 352 OF PUBLIC LAW 108-7 AS AMENDED BY SECTION 521 OF PUBLIC LAW 108-199. PURSUANT TO 49 USC 40103(B), THE FEDERAL AVIATION ADMINISTRATION (FAA) CLASSIFIES THE AIRSPACE DEFINED IN THIS NOTAM AS 'NATIONAL DEFENSE AIRSPACE'. ANY PERSON WHO KNOWINGLY OR WILLFULLY VIOLATES THE RULES PERTAINING TO OPERATIONS IN THIS AIRSPACE MAY BE SUBJECT TO CERTAIN CRIMINAL PENALTIES UNDER 49 USC 46307. PILOTS WHO DO NOT ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES MAY BE INTERCEPTED, DETAINED AND INTERVIEWED BY LAW ENFORCEMENT/SECURITY PERSONNEL. PURSUANT TO 14 CFR SECTION 99.7, SPECIAL SECURITY INSTRUCTIONS; ALL AIRCRAFT FLIGHT OPERATIONS, INCLUDING UNMANNED AND REMOTE CONTROLLED AIRCRAFT, ARE PROHIBITED WITHIN A 3 NMR OF 282445N/0813420W OR THE ORL238014.8 UP TO AND INCLUDING 3000FT AGL. 1410271500-PERM THE RESTRICTIONS DO NOT APPLY TO THOSE AIRCRAFT AUTHORIZED BY AND IN CONTACT WITH ATC FOR OPERATIONAL OR SAFETY OF FLIGHT PURPOSES, DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE, LAW ENFORCEMENT, AND AIR AMBULANCE FLIGHT OPERATIONS. FLIGHTS CONDUCTED FOR OPERATIONAL PURPOSES OF ANY DISNEY WORLD EVENT AND VENUE ARE AUTHORIZED WITH AN APPROVED WAIVER. AN FAA AIRSPACE WAIVER DOES NOT RELIEVE OPERATORS FROM OBTAINING ALL OTHER NECESSARY AUTHORIZATIONS AND COMPLYING WITH ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL AVIATION REGULATIONS. ALL PREVIOUSLY ISSUED WAIVERS TO FDC NOTAM 4/4985 REMAIN VALID UNTIL THE SPECIFIED END DATE BUT NOT TO EXCEED 90 DAYS FOLLOWING THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF THIS NOTAM. INFORMATION ABOUT AIRSPACE WAIVER APPLICATIONS AND TSA SECURITY AUTHORIZATIONS CAN BE FOUND AT HTTP://WWW.TSA.GOV/STAKEHOLDERS/AIRSPACE-WAIVERS-0 OR BY CALLING TSA AT 571-227-2071. SUBMIT REQUESTS FOR FAA AIRSPACE WAIVERS AT HTTPS://WAIVERS.FAA.GOV.

Calm down now. You seem to have problems understanding the rules, Mr Rule Police.
BTW, Disney security is no joke. They have thousands of officers, gaurds, and rules. You must not be familiar with Disney land?
2018-3-10
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
United States

Bulldog Posted at 2018-3-10 10:46
From your link.

So you think the FAA is going to grant a waiver to you?
2018-3-10
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

ghostrdr Posted at 2018-3-10 10:48
So you think the FAA is going to grant a waiver to you?

I already said it was in the works.............
I have recieved verbal confrimation from towers before without issue. You assume this would be impossible for what reason? You have never flown a plane before either have you? Otherwise you would understand the FAA is all about asking and confirming.

(I am not a pilot, but my father in law is and he flies with me often, and I have flown in his single engine planes many times. You learn a lot. Like talking with towers.)
2018-3-10
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
United States

I guess the point is moot since you destroyed your drone.
2018-3-10
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

ghostrdr Posted at 2018-3-10 11:03
I guess the point is moot since you destroyed your drone.

Yes, very moot
2018-3-10
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
United States

Bulldog Posted at 2018-3-10 11:07
No, the point is you're wrong. Period. You even posted the evidence of how you are wrong. You can't make this stuff up. Now troll some other thread.

Since you like youtube so much.

2018-3-10
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bulldog Posted at 2018-3-10 10:22
Wow, you really are a useful DJI idiot........ What about that makes you feel like posting it? Are you such a crappy pilot that you can't take off from indoors to outdoors? What exactly is your malfunction?
If you have a commercial licence you can get permits for these things. That is what pros do. Stick to the hobby stuff, you can't handle anything past recreational.

Yep.  I drive a hybrid, I recycle, I volunteer for trail duty at my state parks and the Ice Age trail, support Community Sustainable Agriculture, make full stops at intersections, yield to pedestrians and cyclists, don't rely on spell-check, turn down my thermostat when I'm not home, don't use any chemicals on my yard, only mow once a month, water my garden with collected rain water, shop local goods, worked 30 years at the same job, and I refrain from calling people-that-I've-never-met, 'idiot."  
2018-3-10
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
United States

Get that Disney permit yet Dog?  
2018-3-11
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

WebParrot Posted at 2018-3-10 11:43
Yep.  I drive a hybrid, I recycle, I volunteer for trail duty at my state parks and the Ice Age trail, support Community Sustainable Agriculture, make full stops at intersections, yield to pedestrians and cyclists, don't rely on spell-check, turn down my thermostat when I'm not home, don't use any chemicals on my yard, only mow once a month, water my garden with collected rain water, shop local goods, worked 30 years at the same job, and I refrain from calling people-that-I've-never-met, 'idiot."

I called you a useful idiot. Totally different. Look it up.

2018-3-12
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

ghostrdr Posted at 2018-3-10 11:19
Since you like youtube so much.

He didn't apply for a permit. Of course that is what happened.....
I was told by security with a permit, and before hours, you could fly a drone. This video, this moron decided at a moments notice he wanted to fly over a packed park. Come on, you are just wasting my time with your non sense. DJI fan boy for life posters all over your walls.

Here are the actual rules, that anybody can look up. Or you could trust a random Youtube video, whatever.

From your link.

4/3634

Click for Sectional
NOTAM Text
Operating Restrictions and Requirements        Top
No pilots may operate an aircraft in the areas covered by this NOTAM (except as described).
THIS NOTAM REPLACES NOTAM 9/4985 TO REFLECT A TRANSPORTATION SECURITY ADMINISTRATION (TSA) WEBSITE UPDATE AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CONCERNING AIRSPACE WAIVERS. FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS IN THIS NOTAM COMPLY WITH STATUTORY MANDATES DETAILED IN SECTION 352 OF PUBLIC LAW 108-7 AS AMENDED BY SECTION 521 OF PUBLIC LAW 108-199. PURSUANT TO 49 USC 40103(B), THE FEDERAL AVIATION ADMINISTRATION (FAA) CLASSIFIES THE AIRSPACE DEFINED IN THIS NOTAM AS 'NATIONAL DEFENSE AIRSPACE'. ANY PERSON WHO KNOWINGLY OR WILLFULLY VIOLATES THE RULES PERTAINING TO OPERATIONS IN THIS AIRSPACE MAY BE SUBJECT TO CERTAIN CRIMINAL PENALTIES UNDER 49 USC 46307. PILOTS WHO DO NOT ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES MAY BE INTERCEPTED, DETAINED AND INTERVIEWED BY LAW ENFORCEMENT/SECURITY PERSONNEL. PURSUANT TO 14 CFR SECTION 99.7, SPECIAL SECURITY INSTRUCTIONS; ALL AIRCRAFT FLIGHT OPERATIONS, INCLUDING UNMANNED AND REMOTE CONTROLLED AIRCRAFT, ARE PROHIBITED WITHIN A 3 NMR OF 282445N/0813420W OR THE ORL238014.8 UP TO AND INCLUDING 3000FT AGL. 1410271500-PERM THE RESTRICTIONS DO NOT APPLY TO THOSE AIRCRAFT AUTHORIZED BY AND IN CONTACT WITH ATC FOR OPERATIONAL OR SAFETY OF FLIGHT PURPOSES, DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE, LAW ENFORCEMENT, AND AIR AMBULANCE FLIGHT OPERATIONS. FLIGHTS CONDUCTED FOR OPERATIONAL PURPOSES OF ANY DISNEY WORLD EVENT AND VENUE ARE AUTHORIZED WITH AN APPROVED WAIVER. AN FAA AIRSPACE WAIVER DOES NOT RELIEVE OPERATORS FROM OBTAINING ALL OTHER NECESSARY AUTHORIZATIONS AND COMPLYING WITH ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL AVIATION REGULATIONS. ALL PREVIOUSLY ISSUED WAIVERS TO FDC NOTAM 4/4985 REMAIN VALID UNTIL THE SPECIFIED END DATE BUT NOT TO EXCEED 90 DAYS FOLLOWING THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF THIS NOTAM. INFORMATION ABOUT AIRSPACE WAIVER APPLICATIONS AND TSA SECURITY AUTHORIZATIONS CAN BE FOUND AT HTTP://WWW.TSA.GOV/STAKEHOLDERS/AIRSPACE-WAIVERS-0 OR BY CALLING TSA AT 571-227-2071. SUBMIT REQUESTS FOR FAA AIRSPACE WAIVERS AT HTTPS://WAIVERS.FAA.GOV.

2018-3-12
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

ghostrdr Posted at 2018-3-11 11:11
Get that Disney permit yet Dog? You loser!

Thanks, that's great
2018-3-12
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

Update, I was told DJI would call again. This time they called, when I answered they said nothing, just backround noice from other calls. Guess that counts as a call for them huh? Another two hours on the phone here I come.

How exactly do I get a claim started?
2018-3-12
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Bulldog Posted at 2018-3-12 08:22
Update, I was told DJI would call again. This time they called, when I answered they said nothing, just backround noice from other calls. Guess that counts as a call for them huh? Another two hours on the phone here I come.

I thought you already started a claim...you had a case number, didn't you?

From a previous post of yours above, #14:
"I am trying. I had the case number and everything posted in my most detailed thread, however they chose to take it down."

So, still send it in. Right now, you have ZERO to lose. You have a defective/broken AC, and then you might find out what accually happend to the AC.

And I am really have a hard time accepting that DJI told you to keep flying it, after you told them it crashed and is defective.
2018-3-12
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why because they offer their customers incentives to participate in all the fun?
2018-3-12
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I think the term Communist doesn't coincide with high technology for the masses to use.
2018-3-12
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

Flycaster Posted at 2018-3-12 11:10
I thought you already started a claim...you had a case number, didn't you?

From a previous post of yours above, #14:

You are correct, DJI kept telling me to fly the craft before the crash. Now that it's crashed, I am trying to send it in. A claim number has been started, and I am in the process of sending it in. Also, they have now told me to stop flying the drone. (obviously) I am first trying to extract any and all info from my phone and drone. I have a third party I have paid to help, since DJI and the forums have been of little help in-regards to this.
2018-3-12
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-12 11:20
I think the term Communist doesn't coincide with high technology for the masses to use.

Touche!

Loved this comment. Finally some wit.
2018-3-12
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Here try  one of these:

I got the above from this:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=extracting+flight+data+from+Mavic+Pro

Try to use one of these vids to help extract your data before you send in your AC to DJI
That way you can keep your money in your pocket.
2018-3-12
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bulldog Posted at 2018-3-12 11:27
Touche!

Loved this comment. Finally some wit.

I am glad my comment is helpful, kind of just stating how it is.
2018-3-12
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

Flycaster Posted at 2018-3-12 12:06
Here try  one of these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6Eb8gsY-7Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9oY5CYEKlw

Thanks. I will try those out. My third party guy is having issues.
2018-3-13
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

For anybody that cares, DJI has written me up a ticket and I can send it off here soon. Still trying anything I can do to extract the files.

talked to a DJI "manager" today. He was at least American. He stated that he has never heard of this problem, and it has never happened before. He told me nobody on the boards have ever complained about it....... I find that very funny, as several people have came in my threads and told their own personal stories. Even some of the most respected people on the boards who have flown over a million meters. But if the manager says it never happens, then I guess it never happens............ The arrogance. To tell your customer something has never happened imply's your lying to begin with, and also proves they are in denial.
2018-3-13
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

Dear manager, here is some of those threads that don't exist.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-139928-1-1.html https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 3&page=1#pid1245383
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 3&page=1#pid1231320
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6&page=1#pid1172926

Just realized, manager was suppose to send an email with case number, not in email. Guess the claim hasn't started?
2018-3-13
Use props
Gadgetman!
lvl.1
Norway

Bulldog Posted at 2018-3-3 06:54
App drops every single fight I have ever flown. I have tried approved list phones, tablets and the whole deal. Been asking about how to fix this for over 6 months now, and DJI ignores me. I have been asking how to extract the info from the drone, so I have some leverage when DJI fixes it. I can't acces the records, been asking DJI Thor and Grace for help with this for 6 months. They only ignore me.

So drop of app isn't the worst, and even DJI grace and Thor recommended I keep flying it. Last flight, I turned on the drone, let it idle for half a min, then took off. About 6 feet in the air, it spun out of control and missed my daughters head by inches. She is 4 years old.

Let me get this straight...

You have a drone you claim is faulty, that has on several occasions gone out of control, and you fly it near your 4year old daughter?

A 1.5lbs lump of metals and plastic, with fast spinning sharp bits, that is capable of travelling at speeds of over 60km/h, and you fly it near your daughter?
A little girl that is unaware of the dangers, and too young to give you consent to fly that close to her?
No, she does NOT count as your spotter while flying FPV.

I remember back to the 80s, when I built my first RC glider, a Carl Goldberg Gentle Lady, with a 27MHz AM transmitter/receiver kit.
The first time I wanted to fly it, the guy who helped me get started in the hobby set me down and talked about 'pegging in' (finding 'your' channel written on a clothespeg on a large board, and affixing that peg to your transmitter. If the peg wasn't on the board, someone else were using the channel, and he would rip you a new one, if you were lucky, if you switched on your transmitter)
Then we discussed inertia...
Did you know that even a simple balsawood construction like my plane could actually punch through a car windscreen if it dived down from the sky out of control?
Can you imagine what it would do to someone's chest or head?
Since my model was a pure glider, I didn't have to sit through the safety talk for the propellers, but...
Eff up spinning the prop on a decent sized plane, and it would seriously impact your ability to enjoy yourself alone again... ever...

Back then, if you brought a non-approved transmitter(walkie talkies mostly back then) to a meet, you better be a good runner.

What we all learned back then was that there are safety rules, and they're there for a reason.

And there are such rules for flying drones, also.
Just saying.

2018-3-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Gadgetman! Posted at 2018-3-15 12:28
Let me get this straight...

You have a drone you claim is faulty, that has on several occasions gone out of control, and you fly it near your 4year old daughter?

This is a very sad case where the OP can’t get over the fact that he crashed and wrecked his drone, nobody will convince him any different, he has been around here for a long time whinging and whining but we’ve seen no flight logs of the crash simply because he might have to let this episode die, it looks like all moderators here have decided to give him a wide birth simply because he refuses to believe he had any hand act or part in crashing his drone.
I think it’s more proof of how reckless he has been as you said he was prepared to fly very close to children yet he sees nothing wrong in this, it’s just a very sad situation.

“there are two types of people in the world: those who prefer to be sad among others, and those who prefer to be sad alone.”
2018-3-15
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

As far as the crash, I lifted off 6 ft, then it spun out of control and crashed. You two deserve an award for the biggest DJI fan boys.
2018-3-16
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Canada

You all should have realized by now. If you don't support "the Dog", you are a DJI fanboy. Post the flight log from your phone  Dog! By the way, did you get that Disney exemption yet?
2018-3-16
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

ghostrdr Posted at 2018-3-16 06:08
You all should have realized by now. If you don't support "the Dog", you are a DJI fanboy. Post the flight log from your phone  Dog! By the way, did you get that Disney exemption yet?

I have posted the flight log.
I have posted how to get a pass from Disney.
Fanboy.....
2018-3-16
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Canada

Bulldog Posted at 2018-3-16 06:41
I have posted the flight log.
I have posted how to get a pass from Disney.
Fanboy.....

You haven't posted a flight log. You have posted a couple of screen shots. You've been here long enough to know that experienced members can tell pretty much what happened on a flight if you post the log from your phone. Given that the flight you crashed on was so  short your phone contains the entire log. Why won't you post it?
2018-3-16
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

ghostrdr Posted at 2018-3-16 07:25
You haven't posted a flight log. You have posted a couple of screen shots. You've been here long enough to know that experienced members can tell pretty much what happened on a flight if you post the log from your phone. Given that the flight you crashed on was so  short your phone contains the entire log. Why won't you post it?

Because it would be revealing... ;-)
2018-3-16
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules