Who has changed the legs on their P2 and how?
1044 5 2015-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Georgedives
New
United Kingdom

Hi All, finding that the landing gear of my P2 keep coming into shot so i've gone for a wider set from amazon. Has anybody else done this and fitted them. I'm concerned about the compass and any advers effects it may suffer from being put onto the new legs at a slightly different angle. How have you clever people solved this problem or am i being over concered and inventing a problem were there is none?? Despereate for any tips, views, ideas, experences on this subject.
Cheers
2015-5-4
Use props
jmtw000
lvl.3

United States

I put longer and wider legs on mine. The compass functioned just fine on the new legs. BUT, the wider legs actually got in the view of the camera more than the original ones. So, I ended up going back to stock.
2015-5-4
Use props
I. P. Freely
lvl.4

United States

I installed the Vision Plus legs on my Phantom 2 v2.0.  It gave me about 3/8 inch taller gear.
2015-5-4
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

What I found was these snap on leg extenders from Shapeways that will allow me to keep using the stock legs so I won't have to remount the compass or the CAN-Bus connector on my other Phantom2 and they will raise the Phantom up enough to keep the camera out of the ground.  This will also allow me to fit the Phantoms into most cases by simply snapping off the extenders when I'm ready to pack them away.  And since I have four different Phantoms I don't have to buy 4 different sets, I can just snap them on and off whichever Phantom I'm using.

[ LINK:  http://www.shapeways.com/model/2629522/dji-phantom-click-on-leg-extender-straight.html?li=search-results-1&materialId=62 ]
2015-5-4
Use props
Georgedives
New
United Kingdom

Thanks for all your replys guys, but my goal here is to get the landing gear out of my field of view whilst flying, rather then making my landings easier since i tend to hand land due to the terrain i'm flying over.
Gutted to hear that the landing gear still come into picture after the wider legs have been fitted.
Anyone having similar problems? There must be a fantastic but simple fix that somebody out there has done.

2015-5-5
Use props
davidw1963
lvl.2

United States

I installed the wider gear on mine. You will have to "cut" the compass out of the old leg. Then "notch" a spot on the new leg and old where the compass wire goes through the body. It wont cause any problems since it has 2 screws still holding it in place. The compass will NOT have a mount on the taller wide gear. So you will have to use electrical tape to tape the compass to the inside part of the leg on the new gear. It wont have any effect on the operation. Its also more stable and wont tip over as easy.
2015-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules