DJi Phantom 2 - GoPro live view interference
7113 4 2015-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hugehughb
New

United Kingdom

Hi all,

Apologies if this is in the wrong place or a complete newbie question!

I'm going to purchase a DJi Phatom 2 with a gimball for a GoPro. However, just before I hit the buy button I saw this video:

I'm trying to work out what the best setup would be for a gopro & using my phone screen for live view. I don't want the 2.4ghz signals to interfear with eachother and limit the range or make me lose control.

Any ideas what I should do?

Many thanks.
2015-5-4
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Yeah do not use the GoPro Wi-Fi as it can cause problems with the control frequency on the Phantom 2 as they both operate on the 2.4ghz band, also the range is extremely limited and not really designed for FPV flying.
You really need a 5.8ghz FPV kit if you want to use the GoPro on the Phantom.
2015-5-4
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

You will end up spending a lot more and getting a lot less than with a Phantom 3.

For example, FPV is going to cost you at least $200 and it will be analog and require batteries for both ends.
You also will not have any camera control.

The best setup for what you want to do is the Phantom 3......
2015-5-4
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

Take a look at the 3DR Solo. They have incorporated the GoPro into their drone which allows for complete camera control. The GoPro is nice in that you can get pictures and video simultaneously. The package I use with my P2 and GoPro is here: http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/Black ... tom2-iOSD-Mini.html

http://3drobotics.com
2015-5-4
Use props
our0borus
lvl.2

United States

Just a side note.  It might be hard to keep track of the answers since you posted this same question 3 different times.  You might want to consider deleting the other two.   (When I was new it took me a while to figure this forum out too!)
2015-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules