Stolen
5297 15 2018-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Edwin.rivera24
lvl.2

United States

Somebody stole my drones the Mavic Air and mavic spark I have the batteries since I was charging them. It is possible that when they use the drone will I’ll be able to track them with find my drone or are they totally gone forever. I register them both with my account I’m just in the waiting for them to use it and jump on them. Please help I want to retiene my drones since a camera with 6 lenses was on the same bag.
2018-3-3
Use props
Rodador
lvl.3
Flight distance : 427520 ft
United States

Sorry for your loss, definitely very frustrating.

I can't speak for DJI but I vaguely recall reading another post where someone from DJI responded to a similar question and basically said that they can't do that.

What I would suggest is reporting it to the police if you have not already, hopefully you have all the serial numbers. Then watch local pawn shops and such.

If you have home owners or renters insurance you could possibly have them all replace under that coverage. Even some credit cards insure purchases for a time if you used on to purchase them.

Best of luck and Happy (future) Landings!
2018-3-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's terrible and sorry to read that - I believe DJI can not trace them but I hope I'm wrong - do file a report with your local police though.
2018-3-4
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

Whilst DJI will not trace them, if they are still using your account then you may find them from the images and flight plans they load . I really do hope you find the bar stewards, and get the police to prosecute.
2018-3-4
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

Sorry to hear this story. They have to have something that shows them where you have flown. Its not a bad idea to contact them at least.
2018-3-4
Use props
Langner91
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3474 ft
United States

Make a report so maybe you can get them back.  

I just had a co-worker have his house burglarized.  While he didn't lose his drones, he did lose guns and other valuables.  The police caught the offender when he tried to pawn one of the guns.  Here, they work closely with the pawn shop owners.  Fortunately, he got everything except one gun and a small amount of jewelry back.
2018-3-4
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Definitely report it to the police. Hopefully you have insurance, all of my drones and camera equipment are covered by State Farm.
2018-3-4
Use props
Edwin.rivera24
lvl.2

United States

Thanks to all you guys for the support. I’m tracking them all by the app following them. I talk to DJI and they only told me they can deactivate them forever. They still don’t have battery’s hopefully I’m waiting for them to do some dumb stuff. Guess I’ll have to wait.
2018-3-4
Use props
Edwin.rivera24
lvl.2

United States

Langner91 Posted at 2018-3-4 08:15
Make a report so maybe you can get them back.  

I just had a co-worker have his house burglarized.  While he didn't lose his drones, he did lose guns and other valuables.  The police caught the offender when he tried to pawn one of the guns.  Here, they work closely with the pawn shop owners.  Fortunately, he got everything except one gun and a small amount of jewelry back.

Yeah I’ll try that thing is they don’t have battery’s I’m guessing the one still have not flown them because of that.
2018-3-4
Use props
sidtx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266729 ft
United States

Check craigslist and ebay -- I'll bet they try to sell your stuff.

Sid
2018-3-4
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

Why is it that when I look in your profile you have not activated any DJI drones? Hoax is a possibility here folks
2018-3-4
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sorry for the unexpected experience. I would recommend you contact the police. We can not help you track the drone. Hope you can find them.
2018-3-5
Use props
fans2181b925
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18776 ft
  • >>>
United States

SOUNDWAVE439 Posted at 2018-3-4 17:55
Why is it that when I look in your profile you have not activated any DJI drones? Hoax is a possibility here folks

They are under lightning8232@gmail.com verify them there.
2018-3-6
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

fans2181b925 Posted at 2018-3-6 18:25
They are under lightning8232@gmail.com verify them there.

This is your account then with the stolen spark?
2018-3-7
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

IF they didn't steal your phone to use to fly it... how would the app track the flights?   To fly the stolen drone they would have to register it to a new account and your account would no longer see the flights.
Sorry for what happened .. that sucks.. but I don't think the DJI app is going to help unfortunately.   IF they did try to register it to a new account.. DJI could help you, but I don't think that they will.
2018-3-7
Use props
fans2181b925
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18776 ft
  • >>>
United States

SOUNDWAVE439 Posted at 2018-3-7 10:54
This is your account then with the stolen spark?

Yes and stolen Mavic Air too
2018-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules