2583 17 2018-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340597 ft
Spain

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is a setting which allows you to adjust the time of the onscreen messages (during a flight) to be set a little longer?
For example, when flying I fly LOS but a few times it already happened that a message (sometimes yellow) appeared on the screen only to find out when checking the screen that I just missed it or couldn't fully read it. Of course, you can't bring the message back so it's just gone.

It is not only about any error messages, I mean all messages appearing on the screen (i.e. Homepoint has been updated (I know this specific one comes with a sound) or magnetic interference (which does not come with a sound) etc..). Maybe to have it either displayed a little longer or have the remote make a sound which would trigger me to look down at the screen when that exact message appears.

Are there any settings like that?

Thank you.
2018-3-4
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

I never saw an existing option for that but it is a very good proposal, thank you.
2018-3-4
Use props
Marian
lvl.4
Spain

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-3-4 08:34
I never saw an existing option for that but it is a very good proposal, thank you.

Thank you, I hoped there might have been a setting I missed. Maybe with at some stage, DJI might integrate it into one of their updates.
2018-3-4
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Marian Posted at 2018-3-4 09:00
Thank you, I hoped there might have been a setting I missed. Maybe with at some stage, DJI might integrate it into one of their updates.

I'm not aware of any setting for notification time outs. But you can check the 'Warnings' list in 'General Settings' menu in DJI Go 4. This keeps a list of any notifications flagged up on screen.
2018-3-4
Use props
Marian
lvl.4
Spain

Aardvark Posted at 2018-3-4 09:38
I'm not aware of any setting for notification time outs. But you can check the 'Warnings' list in 'General Settings' menu in DJI Go 4. This keeps a list of any notifications flagged up on screen.

Thanks for that. I honestly was not aware of this function which already helps a lot. Yet it would be (IMHO) much handier to have a sound or a longer displayed message instead of going into the menu first.

But for starters, that is quite helpful. Thanks again.
2018-3-4
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Marian Posted at 2018-3-4 09:59
Thanks for that. I honestly was not aware of this function which already helps a lot. Yet it would be (IMHO) much handier to have a sound or a longer displayed message instead of going into the menu first.

But for starters, that is quite helpful. Thanks again.

I use an iOS device, and when volume turned up I get a nice clear announcement of warning. I think it's the same on Android.
2018-3-4
Use props
Marian
lvl.4
Spain

Aardvark Posted at 2018-3-4 10:03
I use an iOS device, and when volume turned up I get a nice clear announcement of warning. I think it's the same on Android.

That seems to be different on IOS devices then.

I am able to hear the "home point has been updated" and "take off" message loud and clear but other than that nothing else. Besides that my phone is always set to loud.

Might these messages be coming from the RC instead? What kind of announcements besides the home point and take off messages are you getting?
2018-3-4
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Marian Posted at 2018-3-4 10:07
That seems to be different on IOS devices then.

I am able to hear the "home point has been updated" and "take off" message loud and clear but other than that nothing else. Besides that my phone is always set to loud.

'ATTI Mode', the obstacle avoidance pips spring to mind. If in ATTI mode then that covers the 'Satellite Positioning Off. Fly with caution' message, and probably the magnetic error message if GPS disables.

Audio messages are generated by DJI Go 4, and only seem to apply to the key points, which may not be a bad thing really.

If you're not looking at the screen then you will be looking at aircraft and be aware if anything unusual is about to happen.

An icon to tap to display last message might be a good idea though.
2018-3-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Red warnings will appear with an X in the corner meaning that you have to physically delete them from the screen. If you go into general settings within the app you can view all of the warnings that have popped up in a list.
2018-3-4
Use props
Marian
lvl.4
Spain

A CW Posted at 2018-3-4 13:12
Red warnings will appear with an X in the corner meaning that you have to physically delete them from the screen. If you go into general settings within the app you can view all of the warnings that have popped up in a list.

Thank you very much.
2018-3-4
Use props
RBMTS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169718 ft
United States

Good point.  Sometimes I am focused on watching the craft (LOS) and then see a message disappearing off my screen as I look back at the controller.   
2018-3-4
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

The warning indicators including the sounding RTH alarm to my knowledge can NOT be adjusted in any of the DJI GO 4 settings.
2018-3-4
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RBMTS Posted at 2018-3-4 15:36
Good point.  Sometimes I am focused on watching the craft (LOS) and then see a message disappearing off my screen as I look back at the controller.

Do we know some of the indicators that stay on until you remove them from the screen as opposed to the ones that come up momentarily?
2018-3-4
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-4 15:42
Do we know some of the indicators that stay on until you remove them from the screen as opposed to the ones that come up momentarily?

I can't think of any right now off the top of my head at the moment?
2018-3-4
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I find the warning indicators in the Spark remain on less intermittently than on the Mavic Pro.  
2018-3-4
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

You would think DJI would supposedly have fixed in the Spark the Obstacle Avoidance indicator that is remaining on when automatic RTH initiates?
2018-3-4
Use props
Marian
lvl.4
Spain

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-4 15:42
Do we know some of the indicators that stay on until you remove them from the screen as opposed to the ones that come up momentarily?

A CW mentioned earlier that all "Red warnings will appear with an X in the corner meaning that you have to physically delete them from the screen."

However, the same way as RBMTS describes, looking at the craft and then back down only to realize you missed a message (not red). Of course, there is this option in the general settings to check all previous messages but this is one more task.
2018-3-4
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Marian Posted at 2018-3-4 22:51
A CW mentioned earlier that all "Red warnings will appear with an X in the corner meaning that you have to physically delete them from the screen."

However, the same way as RBMTS describes, looking at the craft and then back down only to realize you missed a message (not red). Of course, there is this option in the general settings to check all previous messages but is one more task.

Can anyone list out the Red warnings with the missed messages?
2018-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules