Suggestion: Add 'ATTI mode trainer' in the DJI Go Simulator?
4255 31 2018-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

From what I've been reading on this forum quite a few crashes and fly aways are due to ATTI mode kicking in and operators not having the experience in handling that.
I can understand as to why there is no 'enable ATTI mode' in most of DJI's drones because it being a failsafe state.
The downside of not being able to switch to ATTI mode is that you can't gain any experience of flying in ATTI mode, and everybody knows piloting skills come with training and experience.
Other then buying a cheap 'non DJI' drone without GPS there is no way of gaining that experience, experience which could be vital when needed.

The DJI Go app has a great simulator in which you can train flying your drone, even windconditions can be simulated. My question to the moderators is to consider forwarding to DJI that I (or we?) would like to see an ATTI training option in the current simulator, so that we can gain the experience of ATTI-mode piloting.

What do other forumreaders think. Would you like to see a ATTI mode 'trainer' built into the DJI Go App simulator?

ps: you can train ATTI mode if you really really wanted to, inside where there is no GPS connection and your vision system turned off, doesn't sound very safe to me ;)
Single SelectVote, Total 35 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

100.00% (35)
0.00% (0)
0.00% (0)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-3-4
Use props
Marian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340597 ft
Spain

Great idea, I certainly would like to see the option to switch to ATTI mode in the simulator.
Back then on the Phantom 2, I was able to switch into ATTI mode and was able to understand the AC a bit better but would like to "train" again on that with my Mavic.
2018-3-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If they won't add an ATTI switch to their personal drones then at least do this - that's a great idea!
2018-3-4
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

Thanks for the heads up people!
2018-3-5
Use props
Wyke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33166 ft
United Kingdom

Great idea. Let’s hope it gets implemented.
2018-3-5
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

I clearly support that proposal. Can not hurt anyone and can only be instructive. Go for it DJI.
2018-3-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"Other then buying a cheap 'non DJI' drone without GPS there is no way of gaining that experience, experience which could be vital when needed."

You could always buy a DJI aircraft that does switch to ATTI mode, all P3 and P4 series have ATTI mode switch which can be practiced in the DJI Go flight Sim'. Was only with the appearance of the Mavic series that ATTI switch disappeared.
2018-3-5
Use props
Hestia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 135381 ft
Italy

Aardvark Posted at 2018-3-5 05:57
"Other then buying a cheap 'non DJI' drone without GPS there is no way of gaining that experience, experience which could be vital when needed."

You could always buy a DJI aircraft that does switch to ATTI mode, all P3 and P4 series have ATTI mode switch which can be practiced in the DJI Go flight Sim'. Was only with the appearance of the Mavic series that ATTI switch disappeared.

That's a good reason to ask for it to be implemented with the mavic series too then
2018-3-5
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

Aardvark Posted at 2018-3-5 05:57

You could always buy a DJI aircraft that does switch to ATTI mode, all P3 and P4 series have ATTI mode switch which can be practiced in the DJI Go flight Sim'. Was only with the appearance of the Mavic series that ATTI switch disappeared.

That would do the trick, it is however a bit like buying a shotgun to kill a mosquito.

It does mean that implementing a ATTI mode into the simulator for the Mavics should be easily done since it has already has the implemtation for the P3 and P4
2018-3-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

It sounds like a good idea! I've forwarded to our engineers for review. Thanks so much for your feedback.
2018-3-5
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-5 23:12
It sounds like a good idea! I've forwarded to our engineers for review. Thanks so much for your feedback.

Thank you DJI Susan for forwarding the suggestion, who knows maybe we'll see the feature implemented one day.

2018-3-6
Use props
Grmachine
lvl.4
United States

Great idea, although I didn't find the simulation near as helpful as my little race quads.
2018-3-6
Use props
gadio4533
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1722 ft
United States

I can't even get Intelligent flight modes in the simulator, let alone ATTI mode.
2018-3-6
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Totally agree.  The one time I flew in ATTI mode - even after hours and hours outside - I crashed into a wall inside.  A simulator would be wonderful to practice on.
2018-3-6
Use props
fans987d278a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-3-6 08:39
Totally agree.  The one time I flew in ATTI mode - even after hours and hours outside - I crashed into a wall inside.  A simulator would be wonderful to practice on.

Owning a Phantom 3 advanced & a P4 you could practice flying in ATT mode whenever you wanted, & if you got in trouble simply switch back to P or F mode & the Phantom's GPS keeps the bird rock solid immediately,
I;ve covered the top of my Mavic with tin foil which puts her in ATT mode, so I  can practice flying ATT mode, & I've noticed the Mavic does take some getting used to in ATT mode, moreso than the Phantom line. Why or Why not have a simple switch to add ATT mode to the Mavic!!!??!
2018-3-6
Use props
justmryan
New

Hong Kong

Thanks for the advice, but currently there's no plan to add ATTI training mode in the simulator yet.
2018-3-6
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

justmryan Posted at 2018-3-6 22:55
Thanks for the advice, but currently there's no plan to add ATTI training mode in the simulator yet.

Hi Mr. Yan,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a reply, but we could have guessed that ATTI mode isn't currently planned to be added in the Simulator at this point.
The suggestion was made to consider putting this on the agenda for carefull consideration and analysing both pro's and con's of the suggestion and its implications. To me it sounds like something that could be benificial to both us as pilots, as to DJI itself.

I do feel a bit sobbed off with your current answer, it feels like the suggestion got stranded at the first DJI representative before giving it a second thought to forward this to DJI for further consideration.

2018-3-7
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-3-6 08:39
Totally agree.  The one time I flew in ATTI mode - even after hours and hours outside - I crashed into a wall inside.  A simulator would be wonderful to practice on.

The simulator already supports ATTI mode on P3 & P4 aircraft (where you switch RC to 'ATTI' to initiate), I assume you still have your P3 as shown in your avatar ?

The P3, P4 simulator allows you to adjust wind speed and direction, and you fly in ATTI mode and practice hovering, landing etc.

Edit:- the particular issue here with the Mavic 'series' seems to be that ATTI cannot be manually sellected on the RC as a flight mode (As it can in P3, P4 series RCs). Given Mr Yans responce (post 16) it seems that DJI are not plannig to add this functionality for the Mavic series in the flight sim'.
2018-3-7
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-3-7 07:53
The simulator already supports ATTI mode on P3 & P4 aircraft (where you switch RC to 'ATTI' to initiate), I assume you still have your P3 as shown in your avatar ?

The P3, P4 simulator allows you to adjust wind speed and direction, and you fly in ATTI mode and practice hovering, landing etc.

Yes, I still have my P3 Adv, but didn't know there was that mode for simulator.  Thanks very much for the info.
2018-3-7
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-3-4 14:11
If they won't add an ATTI switch to their personal drones then at least do this - that's a great idea!

I'd much rather they add a switch. When I fly the Mavic Air inside the church gym and get near an exterior wall, GPS starts jumping in and out and the Air gets wonky.
2018-3-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-3-7 08:45
I'd much rather they add a switch. When I fly the Mavic Air inside the church gym and get near an exterior wall, GPS starts jumping in and out and the Air gets wonky.

or addED would be better as a bit too late for us that have already bought one! I hope the Mavic 2 has one!
2018-3-7
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-3-7 08:47
or addED would be better as a bit too late for us that have already bought one! I hope the Mavic 2 has one!

It could be added into the GO 4 app, wouldn't have to be a physical switch.
2018-3-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-3-7 12:17
It could be added into the GO 4 app, wouldn't have to be a physical switch.

That would be very cool if they ever do but at least in the sim would be a start!
2018-3-7
Use props
sky6105
Second Officer
Flight distance : 345653 ft
United States

Great Idea
2018-3-7
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't think it could hurt making the simulator more realistic?
2018-3-7
Use props
ieltsmentor
New

Cameroon

How to Get/buy Real Original IELTS certificate | buy ielts certificate online| Real Ielts| Genuine IELTS certificate online |original General/Academic IELTS certificate | ielts certificate without Exam/test   whatsapp  : +237680047619 Email    .
2018-3-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-3-7 01:08
Hi Mr. Yan,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a reply, but we could have guessed that ATTI mode isn't currently planned to be added in the Simulator at this point.

LoSBoL, 16# is the current reply from our engineers, but that's not to say they will not consider this in the future. I understand your point, would like to have this feature as well.
2018-3-9
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-9 01:10
LoSBoL, 16# is the current reply from our engineers, but that's not to say they will not consider this in the future. I understand your point, would like to have this feature as well.

Hi DJI Susan!

Thank you for your reply, it is highly appreciated.

I can understand Rome wasn't built within a day, and I didn't mean to bite Mr Yan's head off. His quick response just didn't give me a very comfortable feeling that the suggestion would make it further than a 'thanks, but we know what we are doing', and a serious evaluation would not take place.

I also understand that any response to a sugestion like I did should be carefully phrased not to create expectancies or rights by users, and that an uncarefull response could come back to haunt DJI.

Just want to let you know I'm not demanding my suggestion would be implemented, nor am I demanding a response which would either say yes or no to my suggestion. I just don't want my suggestion to get stranded whithout it being seriously evaluated.

I hope to see the feature pop up some day so we all can benefit.
2018-3-9
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, PLEASE... the simulator could use a LOT of improvement, and this is definitely a worthwhile addition.  While you're at it, how about simulating some of the PROBLEMS that your customers are experiencing.  Maybe losing a wifi connection with a mapped wooded area below!
2018-3-9
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

WebParrot Posted at 2018-3-9 08:34
Yes, PLEASE... the simulator could use a LOT of improvement, and this is definitely a worthwhile addition.  While you're at it, how about simulating some of the PROBLEMS that your customers are experiencing.  Maybe losing a wifi connection with a mapped wooded area below!

Would be great, along with achievements!

Achievement_3_star.png

2018-3-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-3-9 05:14
Hi DJI Susan!

Thank you for your reply, it is highly appreciated.

Thanks for choosing DJI! Your support and understanding will keep us moving, will try our best to offer a better experience.
2018-3-12
Use props
Heheovereggs
New
Canada

Actually, you can use a joystick to train in the helicopter of battlefield 2,3,4 for atti mode, I think the basic operation are same. However, I don’t know the difference control feeling between game helicopters and real drone, and the scout heli and attack heli have different feelings as well.
2021-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules