To Record or Not to Record
1699 9 2018-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Coppertop
lvl.3
Flight distance : 168658 ft
United States

Just curious as to how others approach things.
Do you record your complete flight with the Spark or just when you see footage you want to capture?

I've seen some YouTubers recommend hitting the record button as soon as you take off. Makes sense because you never know what you might capture.
I imagine when you get to a spot you want to pan, orbit or sweep with the camera you pause the Spark's flight for a second to create an easy to find edit point with the video?
2018-3-4
Use props
apcyberax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 566526 ft
United Kingdom

record before i even take off. If i'm trying to get a video of something i'll just stop and start a new clip. Everything has to be edited before posting or using so i just tend to record everything. I even record my phone screen as a backup for my use
2018-3-4
Use props
FarmerMac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Always start recording before the bird goes up in the sky..
2018-3-4
Use props
fansf3c19eaa
lvl.1
United Kingdom

How do you record your phone screen?
2018-3-4
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

Hit record as soon as I take off in case anything happens and when I know what Im going to capture, I stop the recording, hit record again and then when Im done with my shots, I hit record and come back home.
2018-3-4
Use props
Lee Moon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61850 ft
United States

If I plan on shooting video, I almost always start recording just before I take off or immediately after the Spark lifts off and hovers.

If I plan on shooting photos, I don't record any video, but I might shoot a photo or two after taking off to check settings.  That's also a redundant check to make sure the micro SD card is in the Spark. LOL!
2018-3-4
Use props
Ram-UK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132648 ft
United Kingdom

I only click the record button when I need to record. I used to record everything but then it’s a lot of video to shuffle through to get clips I wanted. Therefore I go to a place and just have a quick check on the views take some short clips and photos then fly with a full battery to record the video. It works better for me.

2018-3-4
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lee Moon Posted at 2018-3-4 12:10
If I plan on shooting video, I almost always start recording just before I take off or immediately after the Spark lifts off and hovers.

If I plan on shooting photos, I don't record any video, but I might shoot a photo or two after taking off to check settings.  That's also a redundant check to make sure the micro SD card is in the Spark. LOL!

I agree. If you record before you even start the propellers then you'll know if you forgot to put in a SD card. I record the entire flight.
2018-3-4
Use props
mattinhk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54888 ft
Hong Kong

Normally I look at what i want to capture first and even make a flight plan at times to conserve the battery life as it can take multiple shots just to get the right
2018-3-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I tend to plan my flights and record after take off when I have the right angle to the sun with the correct shutter speed etc. If I come across an interesting image whilst recording I'll hover, stop record and line up some stills then resume recording and continue flying. Sometimes the best shots are the unexpected ones!
2018-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules