is it safe
5102 16 2018-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_4qIuARKZZ7ab
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30046 ft
United States

Is It Safe To Travel With The Battery In My Phantom 4 With A Full Charge Thx Mr Vater
2018-3-4
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Travel on a plane? I always thought you were not supposed to put any lithium ion batteries in a checked bag, but I guess that may not be true depending on which airline you fly. I accidentally checked a lithium ion and my bag was opened and searched. to be safe now I always carry lithium ion in my carry on item or personal bag. Here's some good info at faa.gov

https://www.faa.gov/about/office ... s_and_batteries.pdf
2018-3-4
Use props
Amateur Droner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6411 ft

United States

I wouldn't !
I only place my battery in the AC when I get ready to fly.
It is to easy for the button to be hit and battery turn on in the AC.
I carry my batteries in fireproof bags when not in AC to fly.
That is an interesting (PDF) on the FAA site...but how old is it?
The way they have had recent fires from  lithium ion batteries, hover boards to phones and computers...all  lithium ion batteries will soon be banned on airlines.
That's just me though...others may disagree.
2018-3-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The way I see it is if my battery leaks then I simply lose the battery if packed on it's own. If it's in the drone then the loss it obviously far more significant! I too use lipo safety bags for storing my batteries.
2018-3-9
Use props
Spacetrakker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 115384 ft
Australia

In a word.....NO
2018-3-16
Use props
Marian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340597 ft

Weirdly enough DJI sends out the fly more combos with the battery installed at the AC. I also presume it is prepacked and sits in their storage facilities for some time so if the battery is down to about 60% I wouldn't see a problem leaving it in the AC.
But Andy (A CW) made a good point, if in any case the battery leaks, it at least does not leak into the AC.
2018-3-22
Use props
RjMllr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17913 ft
Philippines

Discharge battery up to 10% level if you want to travel it in a plane
2018-3-22
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Would not travel with it in the drone. I have LIPO bags for mine and I have heard that the TSA requires that you discharge all batteries even with the bags.
2018-8-13
Use props
Anthony90
lvl.3
Flight distance : 761519 ft
Australia

Great read thanks guys
2018-8-16
Use props
leogreen
New

Ukraine

yes, for sure
2018-9-13
Use props
somil
New

India

yes it is fully safe
2018-12-24
Use props
C-mo-D
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11119823 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just would error on the side of safety......keep em out and separated........I just ( yesterday) threw away correctly.........3 M2 pro batteries that were swollen.......I don’t have the budget to buy a replacement drone due to accidental leakage during travel........do you!,,,
2020-1-11
Use props
povad36221
New

Ukraine

Interesting
2020-12-23
Use props
djiuser_f4GKvhjgu5a5
New

India

I tried the Ightcut and it good vide edior If I will compare it to open shot which I earlier use to create videos for my website
2023-3-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jenniferlopez Posted at 2-7 22:31
I think it would be better to use lipo safety bags for storing the batteries and try to remove the battery if its below 10% when you are on a fly. I read some reviews https://sites.google.com/site/bestessaywritingservicereview/ and almost peoples experiences are the same like me..

You need to make sure the batteries are charged and you have the drone with you as the security people may ask you to turn them on to ensure they are batteries.  I have had this once with the drone and a few times with my laptop.
2023-3-25
Use props
BetterBizTech
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4502369 ft
  • >>>
United States

I keep them seaprate. duct tap ove contacts in a lithium bag discharged in a carry on. This should cover most airlines
2023-11-19
Use props
Sam654
lvl.3
Flight distance : 132667 ft

United Kingdom

Amateur Droner Posted at 2018-3-4 20:33
I wouldn't !
I only place my battery in the AC when I get ready to fly.
It is to easy for the button to be hit and battery turn on in the AC.

"all  lithium ion batteries will soon be banned on airlines.
That's just me though...others may disagree."
So no one will be able to travel with their mobile phone, laptop or camera. That will be interesting.

[Off topic] This thread has become a real spam magnet, Mods, please do something.
2023-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules