Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
is it safe
2908 18 2018-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_4qIuARKZZ7ab
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30046 ft
United States

Is It Safe To Travel With The Battery In My Phantom 4 With A Full Charge Thx Mr Vater
2018-3-4
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 7969386 ft
  • >>>
United States

Travel on a plane? I always thought you were not supposed to put any lithium ion batteries in a checked bag, but I guess that may not be true depending on which airline you fly. I accidentally checked a lithium ion and my bag was opened and searched. to be safe now I always carry lithium ion in my carry on item or personal bag. Here's some good info at faa.gov

https://www.faa.gov/about/office ... s_and_batteries.pdf
2018-3-4
Use props
Amateur Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6411 ft

United States

I wouldn't !
I only place my battery in the AC when I get ready to fly.
It is to easy for the button to be hit and battery turn on in the AC.
I carry my batteries in fireproof bags when not in AC to fly.
That is an interesting (PDF) on the FAA site...but how old is it?
The way they have had recent fires from  lithium ion batteries, hover boards to phones and computers...all  lithium ion batteries will soon be banned on airlines.
That's just me though...others may disagree.
2018-3-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 11739245 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The way I see it is if my battery leaks then I simply lose the battery if packed on it's own. If it's in the drone then the loss it obviously far more significant! I too use lipo safety bags for storing my batteries.
2018-3-9
Use props
Spacetrakker
Captain
Flight distance : 115299 ft
Australia

In a word.....NO
2018-3-16
Use props
Marian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 340597 ft

Weirdly enough DJI sends out the fly more combos with the battery installed at the AC. I also presume it is prepacked and sits in their storage facilities for some time so if the battery is down to about 60% I wouldn't see a problem leaving it in the AC.
But Andy (A CW) made a good point, if in any case the battery leaks, it at least does not leak into the AC.
2018-3-22
Use props
RjMllr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17913 ft
Philippines

Discharge battery up to 10% level if you want to travel it in a plane
2018-3-22
Use props
AndreaM
lvl.1

Ukraine

Yep, I'm agree that it's better to discharge battery up to 10% level to have a safe trip by plane.
But you'd better also check the instruction. I wrote a review at https://au.edubirdie.com/assignment-help recently about different models of drones... there can be some exceptions.
2018-7-6
Use props
Julian77
New

India

I am a newbie here. I am so glad to have a chance to read your wonderful article. I am looking forward to read more of your works and posts. Do visit essay writing service reviews to get good ideas in writing.  i wrote my review https://sites.google.com/site/bestessaywritingservicereview
2018-8-13
Use props
Paul_IA
Captain
Flight distance : 4450184 ft
United States

Would not travel with it in the drone. I have LIPO bags for mine and I have heard that the TSA requires that you discharge all batteries even with the bags.
2018-8-13
Use props
Anthony90
lvl.4
Flight distance : 761519 ft
Australia

Great read thanks guys
2018-8-16
Use props
Warting-232
lvl.1

Ukraine

It could be not so safe. One time I took a plane to my doctor in FL https://hghtherapydoctor.us while boarding I got some problems with that in the airport. So keep in mind that the worst can happen
2018-8-21
Use props
leogreen
New

Ukraine

yes, for sure
2018-9-13
Use props
Frii4ali
lvl.1

Pakistan

As everyone saying, i think the same you should not carry it fully charged.

I was also traveling once for our resume writing services and had same problem with it then i postpone my meeting for resume writing service and head back from airport.
2018-11-30
Use props
somil
lvl.1

India

yes it is fully safe
2018-12-24
Use props
Frii4ali
lvl.1

Pakistan

Not an issue Sir just go for it, problem is when someone has no experience with writing but trying to start their career in www. fastcompany .com/90305783/these-six-pieces-of-traditional-resume-advice-are-totally-wrong resume services there the real issue start in your case its just not a big deal.
Problem is when people have no confidence to face their first interview & they go for it without taking any workshop just like www .mock-interview .org/ Mock Interview or any other like them.
2019-4-5
Use props
EdwinW
lvl.1

Ukraine

Hi! I'm a blogger.
I traveled. It's really safe. I have a lot of images and videos of my trip. I wrote many posts for my own blog. Also I wrote perfect reviews for professional photographers with proofreading companies
2019-6-26
Use props
Otyemmanuel
lvl.1

Nigeria

I don't carry anything when I'm traveling.  Everything should be in your bag disassembled. Best rated academic scholarship and Job portal.
2019-12-21
Use props
C-mo-D
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1488192 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just would error on the side of safety......keep em out and separated........I just ( yesterday) threw away correctly.........3 M2 pro batteries that were swollen.......I don’t have the budget to buy a replacement drone due to accidental leakage during travel........do you!,,,
1-11 00:11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules