what does C1 and C2 mean in ios and how to turn it on?
4379 14 2018-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
drone_user
lvl.3
Flight distance : 473743 ft
United States

Hello

in ios under setting about what does C1 or C2 mean? and how do you get it on?

here is what I mean

c1c2.JPG

here is the link for this:

https://content.djiservice.org/academy/faq/?id=445
2018-3-4
Use props
drone_user
lvl.3
United States

anyone have any ideas   Thanks
2018-3-4
Use props
drone_user
lvl.3
United States

yes that I know but this is about something else unless I am reading that link wrong?

the link I posted is about Troubleshooting Disconnected Issues

per info in link

For iOS devices, connect the mobile device with the remote controller then enter Settings, General, and About to check whether the C1 or C2 option is shown. If not, turn on Airplane Mode and restart the mobile device.If the issue persists, provide the information about the mobile device model, iOS version, DJI GO app version and aircraft firmware version to DJI Support.

2018-3-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

It is not an option. If you have trouble for connecting the RC and your mobile device, please try the steps below:
1. Please check could you control the gimbal by the RC? If the gimbal doesn't move, please try to relink the drone and RC.
2. If you can control it, try to reinstall the app, don't forget to backup important files and flight records first.
4. Upgrade the firmware if it is needed.
If the steps above don't help, please provide the info you listed on 4#, and some screenshots or the video of this case will be helpful.
2018-3-5
Use props
drone_user
lvl.3
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-5 02:53
It is not an option. If you have trouble for connecting the RC and your mobile device, please try the steps below:
1. Please check could you control the gimbal by the RC? If the gimbal doesn't move, please try to relink the drone and RC.
2. If you can control it, try to reinstall the app, don't forget to backup important files and flight records first.

yes I do see the "C2" now   the question I have is what does that mean when its there? I would assume it means the dji go app has permission?
2018-3-5
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

I remember  in March 2017 I think you asked this same question on the MavicPilots forum.

I was confused about it then as I am now.

Hope there is an answer .  
2018-3-5
Use props
drone_user
lvl.3
United States

I join in march I ask this yesterday
2018-3-5
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

drone_user Posted at 2018-3-5 06:58
yes I do see the "C2" now   the question I have is what does that mean when its there? I would assume it means the dji go app has permission?

I understand exactly what you are asking but the link you posted showing what DJI says to do if you have a disconnection issue doesn't make any sense. I can't understand what C1 and C2 in the IOS settings have to do with the RC. I have never had any disconnections issues on my Ipad Mini 4 and under the Ipad general settings I don't have C1 or C2 listed at all.
2018-3-5
Use props
drone_user
lvl.3
United States

well I did check under about and yup I have a c2 there.. not sure what it means..lol
2018-3-5
Use props
drone_user
lvl.3
United States

i have a new ipad mini 4 i just got it about a week or so ago  I hope dji will explain what it means
2018-3-5
Use props
drone_user
lvl.3
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-3-5 22:30
I understand exactly what you are asking but the link you posted showing what DJI says to do if you have a disconnection issue doesn't make any sense. I can't understand what C1 and C2 in the IOS settings have to do with the RC. I have never had any disconnections issues on my Ipad Mini 4 and under the Ipad general settings I don't have C1 or C2 listed at all.

I was just thinking do you have a cellular ipad mini 4?
2018-3-8
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

drone_user Posted at 2018-3-8 18:08
I was just thinking do you have a cellular ipad mini 4?

Yes, it has a sim card.
2018-3-8
Use props
drone_user
lvl.3
United States

ok then that not it...If your wasn't then I was going to say ohh maybe that why ..   anyways yes I have the same thing but I don't have cell service turn on my is the "unlocked" version meaning I can go to any cellular carrier
2018-3-8
Use props
Wyke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33166 ft
United Kingdom

Could it be a ComsPort thing, noticing it refers to disconnect issues? They also mention switching Aircraft mode, so I’m guessing it’s some sort of communications reference. Sheer guesswork though
2018-3-8
Use props
drone_user
lvl.3
United States

ya I am not sure but like you said if its not there then turn on aircraft mode..... that is what I find interesting..

just a fyi I just got my ipad mini about 2 weeks ago
2018-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules