MAVIC AIR NO WORKING WIFI NO CONECT
10038 34 2018-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JOAQUINTAS
lvl.1
Panama

Hello Best regards.

The reason why I am writing this email is because on Tuesday, February 27, I bought the drone mavic air with the google combo at 1,300 dollars in the city of Aventura Florida in the DronesNerd dealer and yesterday, Saturday when I took it out of the box and started the process of charging the batteries and the remote control as well as the configuration and update of DRONE MAVIC AIR and the RC.

Everything was fine and at the end of the update the drone stopped transmitting the WiFi signal, it can not be seen through the phones or communicate with control, try all the forms that say the tutorial DJI  and I went to all the pages and Internet tutorials via YouTube and nothing, download the software assistance 2 and install it there, reset it to factory values and nothing, the drone does not communicate, look in the for and I see that many people have the same thing and would like Knowing what to do, is a problem I can solve from Panama or I send it and they give me another.  

Really try all the configuration processes and none really manages to communicate, do not see the WIFI signal of the DRONE MAVIC AIR

I am very surprised that I have never had any problems with the wonderful DJI equipment I have the Phamton 2, The Mavic Pro and 2 Spark and they all work perfect.

Thanks in advance and I appreciate the prompt response to solve this big problem.

Thank you

Joaquin Quintas R.

CEL PHONE PANAMA +50766121144

2018-3-4
Use props
John TC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 358 ft
Panama

Hello Jose!

I am from Panama too.. and i am having the same issue.  I tried to connect the mavic air to the cell phone and now I can't link it to the RC...  it sucks...  i already tried downgrading the RC firmware, upgrading both to the latest firmware and nothing works...

let me know if you have any idea or if you got a way to fix it...
2018-3-4
Use props
Fantasia
lvl.2
Vietnam

The same to me.

They are still working out the bugs...

DO NOT TRY PHONE VIA WIFI WITHOUT RC.

If anyone get news please post here. Thanks!
2018-3-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Joaquin, just to verify, had you tried to relink the drone and RC? Please help to confirm and see if you can control the drone by the RC, make sure that the drone and RC are in the consistency version. If it works, for the WiFi signal, please try to dismiss the linking between the RC and AC by long press the status button for about 5 seconds. If the steps above don't work, please kindly provide me with your operating procedure, I would like to check. Or you can contact our support for a further help. http://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-5
Use props
JOAQUINTAS
lvl.1
Panama

Hello I have tried everything and nothing, no communication method between the MAVIC AIR and the RC or the Cel, none of my 3 Cellulars Notes 8 or S8 or S8 +. with neither works nor the remote control, what should I do? I have 3 more drones and it works well with the MAVIC PRO. but with the MAVIC air there is no communication, it does not do anything, it started doing the update and activation to the moemnto all good and then never more to the communication, and I see with concern that many people are writing about this in the INTERNET FORUM and not I think it's logical DJI IS THE BEST DRONES BRAND, this should not happen ... What should I do? Is it going to be a general failure of the MAVIC AIR? A FACTORY PROBLEM LIKE THE GOPRO KARMA? Please I need help with this problem from my new never flown MAVIC AIR.
2018-3-5
Use props
JOAQUINTAS
lvl.1
Panama

John TC Posted at 2018-3-4 19:39
Hello Jose!

I am from Panama too.. and i am having the same issue.  I tried to connect the mavic air to the cell phone and now I can't link it to the RC...  it sucks...  i already tried downgrading the RC firmware, upgrading both to the latest firmware and nothing works...

Hello I have tried everything and nothing, no communication method between the MAVIC AIR and the RC or the Cel, none of my 3 Cellulars Notes 8 or S8 or S8 +. with neither works nor the remote control, what should I do? I have 3 more drones and it works well with the MAVIC PRO. but with the MAVIC air there is no communication, it does not do anything, it started doing the update and activation to the moemnto all good and then never more to the communication, and I see with concern that many people are writing about this in the INTERNET FORUM and not I think it's logical DJI IS THE BEST DRONES BRAND, this should not happen ... What should I do? Is it going to be a general failure of the MAVIC AIR? A FACTORY PROBLEM LIKE THE GOPRO KARMA? Please I need help with this problem from my new never flown MAVIC AIR.
2018-3-5
Use props
JOAQUINTAS
lvl.1
Panama

Fantasia Posted at 2018-3-4 19:39
The same to me.

They are still working out the bugs...

OK .  I REPLY YO
2018-3-5
Use props
John TC
lvl.2
United States

Ok.. I can confirm that the solution provided in previous chat worked for me:

Note: Downgrade RC firmware. That's Remote Control (RC), not downgrade the drone (Aircraft).

SITUATION SOLVED. ALREADY 2 USERS HAVE DONE IT AND WORKED.

1. RESET FACTORY SETTING ON THE MAVIC AIR.
2. DOWNGRADE RC FIRMWARE.
3. ALL THIS USING DJI ASSIST. IF RC IS NOT RECOGNIZED BY DJ ASSIST INSTALL PREVIOUS VERSION FOR DRIVER THEN THE LATEST ONE.
4. REMOVE BATTERY IN THE DRONE FOR 10 MINUTES OR MORE. LEAVE IT BATTERY LESS.
5. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP. CHANGE LOCATION. FEW MILES AWAY. GO TO A PARK. ANYTHING WITH MORE OPEN SPACE.
6. START DRONE AND PAIR GIVING THE NORMAL PROCEDURE.

IT WORKED FOR ME. ALSO FOR ANOTHER MATE IN THE SAME SITUATION. AFTER THAT UPGRADE RC FIRMWARE.

Now.. let me clarify something in my case....   I was not able to see the wifi option in the mavic air either...     I drove to an open field follow up the procedure but after SEVERAL (SEVERAL, SEVERAL) tries, I gave up and updated the RC firmware too through the cell phone signal... then after the 4th or 5th try, it got connected....

Also, I linked the Mavic Air through the option of the DJI App BUT, instead of going through the "camera view option", I went with the "Connect to the aircraft" and then "wired Option"...

Another thing that I think it was causing the problem was my "Samsung Gear S3 Sport"...   i cant confirm or verify it, but after I finally got the MA and the RC connected, the compass was screwed... so the blinking lights was also telling me that there was an issue...  I tried to follow the procedures to calibrate the compass but it was showing the error of calibration and that there was a disturbing in the magnetic field and failed the calibration every time...  that's when i saw my wrist and saw that demonic watch... i took it off and the compass was calibrated in just a couple of spins...

not sure...  but maybe the radio frequency affects the signal of the remote??     i am asking because when i was doing the calibration through the remote, there was a pop up message saying that i need to verify the frequency...  

but well... i just want to tell everyone that there is a solution and it works for me....   took SEVERAL tries... and I mean Several... I charged the batteries at least 2 times each one of the three that I have....

good luck to everyone!
2018-3-5
Use props
Fantasia
lvl.2
Vietnam

A DJI authorized dealer in my area confirmed that a lot of pilots get serviced their drones with the same connection issues.

As Joaquintas said, i think there is a general failure of the Mavic Air, too.

Anyone contact to DJI?
2018-3-6
Use props
John TC
lvl.2
United States

i think is that the customer are taking the drones to the service center because it is not easy at all pairing the drone again with the remote again...   as i mentioned, it took me several batteries recharges and like 5 continues days of trying....
2018-3-6
Use props
Fantasia
lvl.2
Vietnam

John TC Posted at 2018-3-6 09:40
i think is that the customer are taking the drones to the service center because it is not easy at all pairing the drone again with the remote again...   as i mentioned, it took me several batteries recharges and like 5 continues days of trying....

Hi John

There are two firmware version in DJI Asistant 2. So which one, John? And how to downgrade firmware? (Click Upgrade button on first release firmware?)

Thanks!

image.jpg
2018-3-6
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1316732 ft
  • >>>
United States

John TC Posted at 2018-3-6 09:40

Should not be that hard to repair -- I have done it several times with my Mavic Air and iPhoneX  / Mavic Air Remote.  Hope everyone gets this worked out soon!
2018-3-6
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Fantasia well for starters your version number for fw shows all 0's so maybe u should upgrade to latest!!!.100 maybe that is your problem
2018-3-6
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

U can upgrade on assistant fantasia then in dji go 4 app u can downgrade in the "go fly screen " top right hold down three lines button (gives u option to downgrade) idk if u have android or ios but that is where its at u only need remote hooked up to device ....drone off!
2018-3-6
Use props
JOAQUINTAS
lvl.1
Panama

2018-3-7
Use props
JOAQUINTAS
lvl.1
Panama

2018-3-7
Use props
JOAQUINTAS
lvl.1
Panama

2018-3-7
Use props
JOAQUINTAS
lvl.1
Panama

Hello everyone, thank you for trying to help me with MAVIC AIR, I TRY ALL THE RECOMMENDATIONS THAT THEY HAVE GIVEN ME, THE PROBLEM IS THAT IT DOES NOT COMMUNICATE OR ALLOW ME TO DEGRADATE THE FIRMWARE OR SEE THE WIFI, IT DOES NOT CONNECT IT DOES NOT LEAVE THE SIGNAL AND IT DOES NOT I WAS NOT WIRED OR CABLE BY WIFI, UNFORTUNATELY I HAVE NOT BEEN CONNECTED .. THANK YOU TO ALL, BUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE WIFI SIGNAL OF THE MAVIC AIR DOES NOT COME OUT AND THEREFORE IS NOT COMMUNICATED NOR SCAN THE DRONE OR WIFI, NI BY ASSISTANT 2 NOR CABLE NOR WIFI, I THINK I MAKE A BAD BITTER ME, THE PROBLEM IS THAT I AM IN PANAMA NOT IN USA AND HERE IN CENTRAL AMERICA THERE IS NO DJI SERVICE.   
2018-3-7
Use props
John TC
lvl.2
United States

Fantasia Posted at 2018-3-6 20:14
Hi John

There are two firmware version in DJI Asistant 2. So which one, John? And how to downgrade firmware? (Click Upgrade button on first release firmware?)

Hello!  i tried firt downgrading the firmware of the remote...  then after a lot of tries, it didn't connect at all...   Then I was giving up and then I upgraded the firmware to the latest version...  in the forth or fifth try the Mavic and the remote linked...  BUT i did it through the  same app using the "wired connection" and not through the "camera view" option.

Also,  the mavic air was with reset as factory and it is only showing the firmware from Feb9...

Also, take note about what i said related to my Samsung Gear S3 watch..   it could cause electromagnetic interference.....
2018-3-7
Use props
John TC
lvl.2
United States

W.T. Foxtrot Posted at 2018-3-6 20:59
Should not be that hard to repair -- I have done it several times with my Mavic Air and iPhoneX  / Mavic Air Remote.  Hope everyone gets this worked out soon!

totally true...    it was a real PITA linking the damn remote to the Mavic Air..   i would never use my cell phone for flying....
2018-3-7
Use props
John TC
lvl.2
United States

JOAQUINTAS Posted at 2018-3-7 07:04
Hello everyone, thank you for trying to help me with MAVIC AIR, I TRY ALL THE RECOMMENDATIONS THAT THEY HAVE GIVEN ME, THE PROBLEM IS THAT IT DOES NOT COMMUNICATE OR ALLOW ME TO DEGRADATE THE FIRMWARE OR SEE THE WIFI, IT DOES NOT CONNECT IT DOES NOT LEAVE THE SIGNAL AND IT DOES NOT I WAS NOT WIRED OR CABLE BY WIFI, UNFORTUNATELY I HAVE NOT BEEN CONNECTED .. THANK YOU TO ALL, BUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE WIFI SIGNAL OF THE MAVIC AIR DOES NOT COME OUT AND THEREFORE IS NOT COMMUNICATED NOR SCAN THE DRONE OR WIFI, NI BY ASSISTANT 2 NOR CABLE NOR WIFI, I THINK I MAKE A BAD BITTER ME, THE PROBLEM IS THAT I AM IN PANAMA NOT IN USA AND HERE IN CENTRAL AMERICA THERE IS NO DJI SERVICE.   [view_image]

que computadora estas usando?

mi consejo es que busques el DJI assistant de la version anterior....   hay un post en el foro de DJI que menciona que los drivers no se instalan correctamente en windows 7-8 y 10...   la version anterior del DJI Assistance instala los controladores correctos de USB... luego de instalarla, puedes instalar la ultima version del DJI Assistance.

Igualmente con el DJI Assistance, solo te da la opcion de 1 solo firmware sin capacidad de volver al anterior para el Mavic Air...  pero tambien te da la oportunidad de restaurarlo de fabrica, pero creo que eso no va a influir.  
2018-3-7
Use props
JOAQUINTAS
lvl.1
Panama

John TC Posted at 2018-3-7 07:45
que computadora estas usando?

mi consejo es que busques el DJI assistant de la version anterior....   hay un post en el foro de DJI que menciona que los drivers no se instalan correctamente en windows 7-8 y 10...   la version anterior del DJI Assistance instala los controladores correctos de USB... luego de instalarla, puedes instalar la ultima version del DJI Assistance.

Thanks John, An HP i7 windows 10, everything works well with the other DJI Mavic Pro and Spark, I only have problems with this Mavic Air, it is unusual that I can not connect it, because it does not transmit WIFI, I have invested hours and I have investigated all the options and nothing, I had to prove it in MIAMI FLORIDA BEFORE I BRING IT.

But nothing, tomorrow I will try for the last time with another computer and another cell phone from scratch to see what happens, but I'm really sad because this should not happen with a product of this range of price and quality DJI,

I wonder if it will be a general failure, since several people inside and outside the forum have been the same.

Greetings and thanks for your time and for the help that everyone has shown in this forum.

Gracias John, Una HP i7 windows 10 , todo trabaja bien con los otros DJI  Mavic Pro y Spark , solo tengo problemas con este Mavic Air , es insolito que no pueda conectarlo, porque no trasmite WIFI , He invertido horas y he investigado todas las opciones y nada , debi probrarlo en MIAMI FLORIDA ANTES DE TRAERLO.

Pero nada , mañana voy a intentar por ultima vez con otra computadora y otro celular desde cero a ver que pasa, pero de veras estoy muy triste porque esto no deberia pasar con un producto de esta gama de precio y de calidad DJI,

Me pregunto si sera un fallo general, ya que a varias personas dentro y fuera del foro le han pasado lo mismo.

Saludos y Gracias por tu tiempo y por la ayuda que todos han mostrado en este foro.
2018-3-7
Use props
crashking
lvl.1

JOAQUINTAS Posted at 2018-3-7 16:26
Thanks John, An HP i7 windows 10, everything works well with the other DJI Mavic Pro and Spark, I only have problems with this Mavic Air, it is unusual that I can not connect it, because it does not transmit WIFI, I have invested hours and I have investigated all the options and nothing, I had to prove it in MIAMI FLORIDA BEFORE I BRING IT.

But nothing, tomorrow I will try for the last time with another computer and another cell phone from scratch to see what happens, but I'm really sad because this should not happen with a product of this range of price and quality DJI,

I'm in Houston and am having the same trouble, I have spent hours on the phone with tech support with no luck. they keep trying to blame the tablets. I've tried 3 all approved by DJI. I have 3 Yunnecc Drones that I love. Always ready to go and none of this crap but know I got talked into try the DJI Air you'll love it. I'm beginning to think I really screwed up.

I'd like to find someone in the Houston area that could maybe meet me to take a stab at it.
2018-3-22
Use props
fableg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21388 ft
France

Hi  JOAQUINTAS,

Did you fix that problem?
I have the same problem : DJI Assitant can't find with the cable, no wifi etc..
I m stuck with that  1000 euros toy, i m in Fance.

Thanks if u have any solutions
2018-5-21
Use props
RougesAir
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1079 ft
Italy

I've no problem to work with remote wired to my mobile, but no way to have a connection just using the mobile phone. I changed manually the transmission channels, but the Mavic Air WiFi isn't visible.

I hope the trouble could be solved with the next firmware update

2018-5-31
Use props
fans5cfe7ba7
New

Panama

Hi Joaquintas, did you solve the issue? Could you tell me how you did it please?
I’m from panama as well, I received mi aircraft last Saturday and on Sunday it unlinked from the RC, I have been trying to connect last 3 days without lucky.
Thanks
2018-10-25
Use props
mozdr
New
Dominican Republic

A mi me ha pasado lo mismo, y tuve que devolverlo, esto es una falla de fabrica que DJI sabe y no hace nada al respecto. El mavic air es el único drone dii que utiliza WIFI para controlar el drone aun no uses el teléfono, fue algo nuevo que desarrollaron y ha sido un desastre. FIjate como solo pasa con los mavic air, los otros drone se conectan con otras tecnologías.

2018-11-23
Use props
SebaTDF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20 ft
Dominican Republic

JOAQUINTAS Publicado en 2018-3-7 16:26
Gracias John, un HP i7 windows 10, todo funciona bien con el otro DJI Mavic Pro y Spark, solo tengo problemas con este Mavic Air, es raro que no pueda conectarlo. , porque no transmite WIFI, he invertido horas y he investigado todas las opciones y nada, tuve que probarlo en MIAMI FLORIDA ANTES DE TRAERLO.

Pero nada, mañana intentaré por última vez con otra computadora y otro teléfono celular desde cero para ver qué sucede, pero estoy muy triste porque esto no debería ocurrir con un producto de esta gama de DJI de precio y calidad.

Hola, ¿pudiste resolver el problema de conexión? Yo compre nuevo un mavic air, actualice como pedía a la ultima versión y despues no conecto mas ni con el RC ni por wifi genera red, queda parpadeando todo el tiempo en amarillo el led del drone, alguien pudo resolver el problema ????
2019-1-6
Use props
bib60
lvl.1

France

Hi
I have the same problem, no remote control connection in wifi mode, all is perfect in usb cable mode !!!
I can't downgrade the RC because i can't see it in DJI Assistant 2 !!!
2019-1-7
Use props
PeterFrank
New
Panama

Hello friends, I think that problem is very recurrent, tb I'm from Panama where I buy my DJI mavic AIR I used it for 3 or 4 days perfectly, with RC connection.
I saved the drone for 3 days, and now it does not connect in any way, I already used the DJI assistent 2, updated all two fireware, did all the correct procedures indicated, and the drone does not connect in any way, does not connect with the RC and also does not connect with the Wi fi.
Someone here really has this problem and found a solution.
Thank you very much for the help

Hola amigos, me parece que ese problema es muy recurrente, tb soy de Panama donde compre mi DJI mavic AIR lo utilize por 3 o 4 dias perfectamente, com conexion RC.
Lo guarde el drone por 3 dias, y ahora no conecta de de ninguna manera, ya utilize el DJI assistente 2, actualize todos dos fireware, hice todos los procedimentos correctos indicados, y el drone no conecta de ninguna manera, no conecta com el RC y tambiem no conecta com el Wi fi.
Alguiem aqui realmente ja teve esse problema e encontrou solucion.
Muchas gracias por la ayuda
2019-2-24
Use props
djiuser_q874QbiElQKV
New

Guatemala

hola Joaquin lograste algo?
2019-12-12
Use props
fans23939187
New

Dominican Republic

Alguna solución a este problema ? Tengo el mismo problema y no he podido resolverlo
2020-4-29
Use props
fans23939187
New

Dominican Republic

some solution to this problem I have this same problem and I could not solve it
2020-4-29
Use props
Cascan
New

Dominican Republic

Hola buenas noches, tengo el Mismo problema que Joaquin, la red wifi del Mavic Air no emite señal y por lo tanto no se puede conectar ni con el movil ni con el Rc. alguien sabe como solucionarlo.
2020-5-4
Use props
luchin mavicair
lvl.1

Panama

Hi guys, I'm from Panama too and I'm having problems with my mavic air with the wifi that connects when it feels like it and when it does, I have to do everything again to link the RC with the drone and when I connect it to my PC with dji assistant does not recognize it, I already have 4 days of trying to understand what is happening and I have not been able to solve it. Let's see if someone has been able to solve problems, thank you.
2020-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules