3868 21 2018-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sfdrones.tv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1257218 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone figured out a way of getting remote HDMI signal out, without being tethered?
Clients always want to be able to monitor whats being shot in the comfort of video village, so it usually means either myself or my DOP has to be tethered, which is really a pain in the arse. I know there are terradeck options but who wants to pay $17k!! I am also wary of an extra radio signal but figure its not impossible to find a system that works.

Has anyone gone down this path?
2018-3-4
Use props
PH2DW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39537 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You can get an extra remote controller and use that as slave receiver with Hdmi out.
2018-3-5
Use props
sfdrones.tv
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

PH2DW Posted at 2018-3-5 00:03
You can get an extra remote controller and use that as slave receiver with Hdmi out.

Given we are already running as a two man crew (using 2 remotes) can you link a third? Do you need to be also running the software? How can the remote be made to be 'dumb' meaning it won't control the camera or drone? Its likely we won't be near the controller and I don't want to risk someone knocking one of the joysticks either deliberately or accidentally.
2018-3-5
Use props
PH2DW
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

You can pair up to 4 remotes. Only need to pair it once with a device connected.
I have moved to the inspire 2. So not 100% sure if you cannot control anything from the third connected controller.
Maybe some others can chime in.
2018-3-5
Use props
sfdrones.tv
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

PH2DW Posted at 2018-3-5 11:52
You can pair up to 4 remotes. Only need to pair it once with a device connected.
I have moved to the inspire 2. So not 100% sure if you cannot control anything from the third connected controller.
Maybe some others can chime in.

You do need the software running on every remote though yes?
2018-3-5
Use props
PH2DW
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

No. only when pairing the first time. Just standalone remote.
2018-3-5
Use props
figure1a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 622103 ft
United States

The 2nd remote for the monitor sounds pretty good.

I use a Teradek wireless HDMI transmitter/received that is only about $1,500.

But I've used the Gefen setup (about $300) on other projects with no issues and think it would probably work great here too.
2018-3-5
Use props
PH2DW
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Only issue with using a third remote is range (50-100mtr) so check what you need.
2018-3-5
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

For that use case i am using the Connex Mini hardware. (Remains from my S1000 setup)
It consists of a transmitter and a receiver.
Attach your HDMI out from your RC to the TX device, attach the RX device to HDMI IN to your monitor or TV set.
Distance between the 2 units is approx. 1600 ft (500m) LOS.

Have a look into the specs: Connex Mini
2018-3-6
Use props
sfdrones.tv
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks everyone for the advice.
2018-3-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Actually, Inspire 2 can only connect to one Slave RC at this moment, for your question, you may purchase a longer HDMI cable since we do not have official wireless HDMI transmitter can be recommended, so sorry for this.
2018-3-7
Use props
RikDingo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2358225 ft
France

DJI Mindy, YOU ARE WRONG ! T
2018-3-9
Use props
RikDingo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2358225 ft
France

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-7 01:19
Actually, Inspire 2 can only connect to one Slave RC at this moment, for your question, you may purchase a longer HDMI cable since we do not have official wireless HDMI transmitter can be recommended, so sorry for this.

DJI Mindy, YOU ARE WRONG ! The inspire 2 does not connect to a slave RC, but the master RC does connect to the slave. That is why the distance between master and slave can not exeed 100m.
the only way to get the signal on a "real" remote screen is to use a system like connex (as Keule said)
2018-3-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

RikDingo Posted at 2018-3-13 02:15
DJI Mindy, YOU ARE WRONG ! The inspire 2 does not connect to a slave RC, but the master RC does connect to the slave. That is why the distance between master and slave can not exeed 100m.
the only way to get the signal on a "real" remote screen is to use a system like connex (as Keule said)

You are right, to be more precise, the Master RC can only connect to one Salve RC at this moment, we do not have any support to the third party product, so I could not give any advice, appreciate your understanding.
2018-3-13
Use props
DS924
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4028425 ft
United States

Decent wireless transmission options are not cheap - especially because you need not only the transmitter and receiver, but also a decent monitor - but you CERTAINLY don't need to spend $17K for them. I have the Vaxis 1000ft system and paid under $3,000.00 for it.  Of course, you have to have factor in the cost of remote power options for all parts of the system - monitor; transmitter; receiver - but how much is it really worth to you to have the capability?  If you don't need really long transmission distances you don't have to spend all that much on the transmitter/receiver aspect.  $17K?  Heck no!
... and I think there is no better way to get people interested in the capabilites of your aircraft than to have a remote monitor set up in a comfortable place where people can see a live video feed.  As long as your system WORKS people will be impressed.

Is it worth the extra $; the extra set-up: the additional points of operational failure and things to worry about? Those can be hard questions for some to answer. For me the answer was YES, and I'm not even flying "professionally" - yet.

I'll get good use out of the wireless-via-HDMI-out capability.
2018-3-14
Use props
Tibopix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4582054 ft
Canada

Hello everyone,

currently doing some research on long distance HDMI signal TX in the middle of nowhere.
Let's pretend I had a $17K budget, what would be the solution you're referring to?
2019-6-7
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

PH2DW Posted at 2018-3-5 00:03

was promised to work like this but in reality it doesn´t - you can only link two i2 controllers. But you can buy ocusync now to make it work
2019-6-8
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

Tibopix Posted at 6-7 07:21
Hello everyone,

currently doing some research on long distance HDMI signal TX in the middle of nowhere.

guess he is talking about a Teradek Bolt 10K that is 13000$ ? Cheaper solution could me an amimon connex
2019-6-9
Use props
PH3KS
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Flo the Pirate Posted at 6-8 08:22
was promised to work like this but in reality it doesn´t - you can only link two i2 controllers. But you can buy ocusync now to make it work

Yes correct for the inspire 2. My response was to the OP with inspire 1
2019-6-9
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

PH3KS Posted at 6-9 02:26
Yes correct for the inspire 2. My response was to the OP with inspire 1

;) ... i didn´t even notice your answer was more then one year old ...
2019-6-10
Use props
Tibopix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4582054 ft
Canada

Flo the Pirate Posted at 6-9 01:20
guess he is talking about a Teradek Bolt 10K that is 13000$ ? Cheaper solution could me an amimon connex

Ok thanks for the input.
2019-6-13
Use props
trinity flyaposs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 78839 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is it possible with a Mavic pro 2
2021-11-13
Use props
Advanced