First Sunset with the Spark
516 10 2018-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Coppertop
lvl.3
Flight distance : 168658 ft
United States

I've been waiting for an opportunity to see what the Spark can do with sunsets and the first chance was from about 300 feet above the driveway.
I need to learn my way around the camera controls when taking still images. Right now there is a world of difference between taking a photo with the Spark and taking one with a DSLR. Still, I'm rather pleased with the first attempt. I did crop a lot of the foreground out and it's a shame you cannot point the camera on the Spark more upwards.

The video, on the other hand, leaves a lot of room for improvement. The foreground is just too dark to show any detail. Might need to park the Spark up high for several minutes and try to capture a timelapse of a sunset.

Spark-Sunset-030418.jpg

2018-3-4
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

Nice shot mate! Keep it up
2018-3-4
Use props
dji TO88
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4678 ft

Canada

Great shot! Thanks for posting!
2018-3-4
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's the way to go.
2018-3-4
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks great. Any time you face the sun you're going to have these balance problems. You could leave the drone in the same spot and take two pics, one with focus on the sky, and one with focus on the darker land area, then make a composite of the two images. Not really an easy was to do it since the Spark does not capture in RAW format. I think your picture looks great though since I know the limitations of the Spark.
2018-3-4
Use props
Coppertop
lvl.3
Flight distance : 168658 ft
United States

Bing Err Posted at 2018-3-4 18:30
Looks great. Any time you face the sun you're going to have these balance problems. You could leave the drone in the same spot and take two pics, one with focus on the sky, and one with focus on the darker land area, then make a composite of the two images. Not really an easy was to do it since the Spark does not capture in RAW format. I think your picture looks great though since I know the limitations of the Spark.

Would be nice if the Spark had RAW capability. Maybe DJI will unlock this feature one day.
2018-3-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14103563 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice shot!        
2018-3-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice picture!
2018-3-4
Use props
GoldenSun
First Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

Looking good
2018-3-5
Use props
Leftyguy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1282638 ft
United States

Very Nice Shot!
2018-3-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Coppertop Posted at 2018-3-4 18:44
Would be nice if the Spark had RAW capability. Maybe DJI will unlock this feature one day.

That would be great indeed. But I doubt it will happen.
They have Mavic Air etc. for that.
2018-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules