Riding Club's First Ride in 2018
410 9 2018-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

My wife is in her last year of her two year term as President of our horse camping club.  We held our first ride of 2018 today in Half Moon Bay, CA.  It's about 20 miles south of San Franciso, right on the Pacific Ocean.  While camping with our horses is the main activity of our club, we do a small number of day rides also.  We've had several straight days of heavy rain here this week, and our day ride today came off well, despite some muddy trail conditions.  Here's a video of our adventure.

2018-3-4
Use props
kfloke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149961 ft
Singapore

It is very nice!!!
2018-3-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video
2018-3-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13978875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great video!      
2018-3-5
Use props
eddieNoob
lvl.4
United States

Looks like a great day was had, StanfordWebbie. 20 people ahorseback--that could be a recipe for madness, but looks like great fun there.
Back in the Jurassic, I'd go to Half Moon Bay and watch Don Garlits run his Green Monster.   
2018-3-5
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome video
2018-3-5
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
United States

eddieNoob Posted at 2018-3-5 04:37
Looks like a great day was had, StanfordWebbie. 20 people ahorseback--that could be a recipe for madness, but looks like great fun there.
Back in the Jurassic, I'd go to Half Moon Bay and watch Don Garlits run his Green Monster.

Thanks Eddie.  We're a non-profit club, but we have a solid insurance policy and we ensure we are covered on every ride.  We also have several medical professionals in our club, 4 first aid kits, and an AED.  Finally, we always keep each riding group to 5-7 riders, so each group riding out is only a handful or riders, then we stagger the leave times.  But, that said, horses are prey animals with millions of years of instinct that says "if I sense any kind of threat, run away as fast as I can".  ;)
2018-3-5
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Where's the bird shots/video?
2018-3-5
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
United States

rolling56 Posted at 2018-3-5 15:51
Where's the bird shots/video?

Although I was in an area that allows drones, I was leading a group ride and didn't want to hold up the group while I got my Mavic going.   So this was all Osmo Mobile.  But I consider the Mavic forum my "home" group, so I post here, even when it isn't done on my favorite quad.
2018-3-5
Use props
eddieNoob
lvl.4
United States

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-3-5 07:00
Thanks Eddie.  We're a non-profit club, but we have a solid insurance policy and we ensure we are covered on every ride.  We also have several medical professionals in our club, 4 first aid kits, and an AED.  Finally, we always keep each riding group to 5-7 riders, so each group riding out is only a handful or riders, then we stagger the leave times.  But, that said, horses are prey animals with millions of years of instinct that says "if I sense any kind of threat, run away as fast as I can".  ;)

"if I sense any kind of threat, run away as fast as I can".

Heh. I'm pretty familiar with that attribute, having grown up with cayuses.  
Small wind-blown pieces of paper and/or gum wrappers also seldom go amiss....
2018-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules