Would this backpack work?
2921 14 2015-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tjrchampion
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Quite honstly 300 quid for a backpack? No. that isn't going to fly... so i've been looking on ebay cost effective alternatives.

I'm not so much concerned about long disance traveling(hard cases), over say convenience, ease of use and lightness.

I watched a video of the Newer DJI backpack and he fitted in a P3. So it got me thinking something like this might be a cost effective solution. Will it fit?

Right now i'm struggling to find it in UK say a tenner cheaper... if i could i'd snap it up without blinking.

2015-5-4
Use props
ntfa
lvl.4

United States

It will fit.   The P3 is slightly taller but I don't see a problem by looking at the phantom 2 photos in the ad.   Good luck.
2015-5-4
Use props
tjrchampion
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Alright thanks, figured it probably would.

Hopefully someone else has done a similar thing and can post here about it.
2015-5-4
Use props
campatterson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2014 ft
United States

tjrchampion Posted at 2015-5-5 01:39
Alright thanks, figured it probably would.

Hopefully someone else has done a similar thing and can ...

I have an old JanSport Frame backpack, and the Phantom3 shipping box fits the upper bag pocket perfectly, except the flap won't zip to fully contain it. There are no shortage of straps to secure the box to the packframe with waterproof cover and extra room for food, water, laptop, tablet, batteries, tools, radios, etc. The shipping box corners are reinforced with Gorilla Tape, and the whole thing is super-light and very comfortable to carry. This is a cheaper solution, and easier to carry everything you need on a data collection campaign in the field because you can add lots of gear to the pack as needed and still carry comfortably.

My advise? Check out the used sporting goods store for a high-quality used external frame backpack with a big bag and lots of straps.
2015-5-4
Use props
stuartb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4011155 ft
New Zealand

I just bought one of these at Hobbyking,  a MultiStar Deluxe Multirotor Travel Backpack.$29usd.
Like you, I am in no need for a case I can through out of a Plane with a parachute.lol.
2015-5-4
Use props
nurzia
lvl.2

United States

2015-5-5
Use props
hundleton1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

any joy with this backpack ? close to ordering for my P3
2015-5-14
Use props
tjrchampion
lvl.2

United Kingdom

No i've not purchased it. Got my P3 but haven't flown it yet. Will be taking her up in the next few days. If i do buy it i'll be sure to let you know.
2015-5-14
Use props
samrob52
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I just ordered this one from eBay.

I think it is exactly the same as the one from DJI

this one
2015-5-14
Use props
waterglobe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1596381 ft
Sweden

How did it go tjrchampion - did you receive your backpack? Does it fit? any good?
Need to order a backpack myself.
2015-5-21
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

I'm getting this DJI Hardshell Backpack.

-

Buy your DJI Phantom 3, DJI-gear, intelligent DJI Batteries, DJI Hardshell Backpacks from the DJI Store by using this link - it'll help me out

2015-5-22
Use props
tjrchampion
lvl.2

United Kingdom

waterglobe Posted at 2015-5-22 10:11
How did it go tjrchampion - did you receive your backpack? Does it fit? any good?
Need to order a ba ...

I've held off ordering the backpack, although i'm starting to get frustrated carrying it about in the box it came in. On my 8th flight now I think, after my weeks holiday away with it, and was thinking of how much i need a backpack every time.

People stare at you when you have it in the box, or try to start conversations, which I don't personally mind... gives me a chance to educate people - pro drone!
2015-5-27
Use props
jon.jongodfrey
lvl.3

United Kingdom

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/produ ... _detailpage_o06_s00

This one works pretty well for me.  Delivery was about 1 week.
2015-5-27
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

jon.jongodfrey Posted at 2015-5-27 17:34
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00XOL4AQC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

Th ...

i thought that thing was made for the P2? Is this just a relabeld P2 backpack or a special P3 version?
2015-5-27
Use props
jon.jongodfrey
lvl.3

United Kingdom

It's been modified to fit both.  The P3 fits fine. :-)
2015-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules