2199 7 2018-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hoping someone from DJI can answer this one.
Does the Mavic Air use APAS as default when flying in Active Track mode or when im flying using just gestures and smartcapture with no controller or remote?
If not can we have this turned on as default or as a toggle in the settings that gets saved to the Air so that its enabled when flying using just gestures.

2018-3-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, as you can see it in the manual, the APAS will be automatically turned off in intelligent mode. It doesn't support turning on when on this modes. APAS.png
2018-3-5
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-5 23:52
Hi there, as you can see it in the manual, the APAS will be automatically turned off in intelligent mode. It doesn't support turning on when on this modes.[view_image]

Thanks Thor, I don't understand why you have chosen not to have it active while using active track. This is probably the one place it needs it most. Especially so if flying just using gestures and smartcapture with no controller or phone connected, which I do quite a bit to capture myself.
Is it something that can be implemented at a later date?
2018-3-6
Use props
ggeorgis
lvl.4
Greece

I thought APAS was active during active track....at least that's what some videos on YT showed....on the other hand just saw what Skydio R1 can do ...... wish DJI could licence this technology.....the videos are impressive
2018-3-6
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ggeorgis Posted at 2018-3-6 01:36
I thought APAS was active during active track....at least that's what some videos on YT showed....on the other hand just saw what Skydio R1 can do ...... wish DJI could licence this technology.....the videos are impressive

I suspect the videos we have both seen are where its just using horizontal object avoidance like the Mavic Pro uses or they are using the controller to fly and APAS is enabled.

I just had a look at the Skydio. WOW!! DJI don't have a patch on that kind of obstacle avoidance.
Although it is capturing and processing a lot more information about its environment. I don't really like how twitchy it is. If its flight path could be smoothed out that would make for some truly amazing shots.

However, for the Air, having APAS enabled during active track would be a great competitor for the Skydio.
Come on DJI. Bring this to the table
2018-3-6
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

Thanks for asking this question Malakai, I was wondering the same thing.
2018-3-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Malakai_UK Posted at 2018-3-6 01:06
Thanks Thor, I don't understand why you have chosen not to have it active while using active track. This is probably the one place it needs it most. Especially so if flying just using gestures and smartcapture with no controller or phone connected, which I do quite a bit to capture myself.
Is it something that can be implemented at a later date?

Maybe, I had forwarded this requirement to our engineers, hope more functions will be enabled in the future.
2018-3-12
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-12 20:29
Maybe, I had forwarded this requirement to our engineers, hope more functions will be enabled in the future.

Thanks Thor
2018-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules