3228 11 2018-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Auspete
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6939 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Video stored on the internal memory of my Crystalsky is terrible when taken with my Mavic Air. It doesn't matter what camera settings I use, it is the same.
If I use my iphone 6 instead of the Crystalsky the video is fine. (in the iphones memory)
Also when I take videos using my Mavic Pro the quality is fine on the internal memory of the Crystalsky.(at least its usable).
Just wondering if this is normal?

2018-3-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

May I ask what you are using the cached videos for? The livestream that I get on CrystalSky from the Mavic Air has until now always been very good. I have never looked at the cached videos though because I don't need them.
2018-3-5
Use props
Auspete
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-3-5 02:58
May I ask what you are using the cached videos for? The livestream that I get on CrystalSky from the Mavic Air has until now always been very good. I have never looked at the cached videos though because I don't need them.

I have only just started using the Crystalsky with the Mavic Air and all the cached videos are the same poor quality. (The cached videos from my Mavic Pro however are fine)
They said in the sales pitch that if you forget to load your SD card in the drone that this would be a way of still recording (albeit at a  lesser quality). Also I guess it makes for easier playback if you want to show someone what you've taken rather than taking the SD card out of the drone. (I'd be ashamed to show mine staight off the Crystalsky)
I guess I'm just trying to find out if it's normal when using the CS with the Mavic Air or if I'm doing something wrong or worse its equipment problems. - Thanks
2018-3-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Auspete Posted at 2018-3-5 03:14
I have only just started using the Crystalsky with the Mavic Air and all the cached videos are the same poor quality. (The cached videos from my Mavic Pro however are fine)
They said in the sales pitch that if you forget to load your SD card in the drone that this would be a way of still recording (albeit at a  lesser quality). Also I guess it makes for easier playback if you want to show someone what you've taken rather than taking the SD card out of the drone. (I'd be ashamed to show mine staight off the Crystalsky)
I guess I'm just trying to find out if it's normal when using the CS with the Mavic Air or if I'm doing something wrong or worse its equipment problems. - Thanks

I would suggest you try to use the playback button that is right under the camera settings on the live video screen of GO 4 for viewing what you have just filmed. And luckily you have the internal memory in Mavic Air in case you have forgotten the SD card. In my opinion the cached video cannot replace the original footage.
2018-3-5
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Auspete Posted at 2018-3-5 03:14
I have only just started using the Crystalsky with the Mavic Air and all the cached videos are the same poor quality. (The cached videos from my Mavic Pro however are fine)

I think you can select what video quality that are sent to the Crystal Sky in the GO app under ""Image transmission settings" The cached video I only use in case of a lost or totally crashed drone. Better than nothing .
2018-3-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please try to reset the Crystalsky, note to back up the files and sync the records previously. Then like Swedrone mentioned above, select a channel with less noise on the WiFi Settings. See if it helps.
2018-3-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Hello Pete, as promised yesterday please find here below a sample from my CrystalSky of my last flight.  It also has some glitches, but is what I would expect from a cached live feed. If you have the impression that is the cached videos of Mavic Pro are better, I would attribute that to the better transmission quality of Occusync. But as mentioned above, I normally don't even look at the cached files but only use the original footage on SD card/internal memory.

2018-3-6
Use props
Auspete
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-3-6 02:09
Hello Pete, as promised yesterday please find here below a sample from my CrystalSky of my last flight.  It also has some glitches, but is what I would expect from a cached live feed. If you have the impression that is the cached videos of Mavic Pro are better, I would attribute that to the better transmission quality of Occusync. But as mentzioned above, I normally don't even look at the cached files but only use the original footage on SD card/internal memory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StkxuZPMh-k

Thankyou very much for sending me the sample of your cached video. If mine were as good as that I would be very happy and wouldn't be writing this post. I still like being able to sometimes show the family & friends what I've taken when I get home. And for quick casual viewing the internal memory of my iPhone is what I use.
Tomorrow I am going to try what DJI Thor has suggested above.
I also spent some time with online DJI support today and their answer was that DJI hasn't released the firmware yet to make the Crystalsky compatible with the Mavic Air!!!!!!!!! I told them that they have but they said according to their resources it hasn't been released - so I gave up.
Thanks again for your help - By the way lovely video of your part of the world.
Happy flying to you
2018-3-6
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Auspete Posted at 2018-3-6 03:05
Thankyou very much for sending me the sample of your cached video. If mine were as good as that I would be very happy and wouldn't be writing this post. I still like being able to sometimes show the family & friends what I've taken when I get home. And for quick casual viewing the internal memory of my iPhone is what I use.
Tomorrow I am going to try what DJI Thor has suggested above.
I also spent some time with online DJI support today and their answer was that DJI hasn't released the firmware yet to make the Crystalsky compatible with the Mavic Air!!!!!!!!! I told them that they have but they said according to their resources it hasn't been released - so I gave up.

Thank you and I wish you good luck!
2018-3-6
Use props
Auspete
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

My final post on this.
I tried a factory reset on the Crystalsky (twice) and channel changing as suggested by DJI Thor. Made no difference to the quality of video on the CS internal memory. Mine looks nothing like my friends sample above.
So I’ve spent enough time on it and will just live with it.
If I need video to view on the internal memory I’ll use my trusty Mavic Pro
2018-3-7
Use props
UgoFly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6843596 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I took the Cristalsky instead of the ipad mini 4 and use it with the Phantom 4 Pro. I have the same problem with the video cache that I use to show customers the video just recorded often when the drone is still in flight. I understand, however, that there is no solution.
2018-4-27
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

It's more than clear, that the problem with choppy video feed is within the Mavic Air, not CrystalSky. The same monitor used with the Spark works flawlessly.
I have a proposal to DJI - DJI, if You are not able to fix the problem with choppy video feed ( video on SD card is always OK) , releasing new firmware, please prolong  my warranty time for the MA, since i have to keep it on the shelf, due to complete inoperability. It's not fair what's going on now
2018-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules