Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Thailand in 4K
1234Next >
7201 130 2018-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rikk08
First Officer
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

ange1us Posted at 2018-3-6 07:19
Wow , I live in Thailand, and never notice my country have amazing view . Great Footage !!

I'm afraid that's true for a lot of people as we tend to take out home country for granted especially when we travel to other places. Your country is truly mesmerizing though and you should definitely go out and explore more ;)
2018-3-6
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

rikk08 Posted at 2018-3-6 03:34
I guess I could consider myself lucky (if you believe in luck that is ) but well I've also been to incredible places such as a road trip around Australia and New Zealand and traveled to places like Fiji and Bali back in 2015 where drones were not as popular/portable yet and I didn't have one.

I was also in Kenya & Zanzibar last year and I didn't take my mavic simply because they didn't issue the permit for at all, even though I applied for it months before. After this I try my best to prepare well before so that I can take my drone with me everywhere that's legal to fly.

Yeah it comes down to generations, when you traveled and how old you are. I traveled 1998-2008, right when I finished university and traveled to, and lived in, two European countries, I trekked Africa, Peru, Southeast Asia, did safari, backpacked all throughout Europe, and lived in New York City. Today, I rarely leave my house because I've seen and done all that, one caveat - without a drone :-(.
2018-3-6
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Great video, thank you very much!
2018-3-6
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

rikk08 Posted at 2018-3-6 03:35
I wasn't even born yet

Must be awesome though to see how much a place has change over the years right?

You are right about the changes .

Today it is mostly a jungle where it once was my home for those years.

And your video was really great. Thanks.
2018-3-6
Use props
rikk08
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-3-6 09:54
Great video, thank you very much!

My pleasure thank for your comment
2018-3-6
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 8351585 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Very nice, I think I need to go back there once again.
2018-3-6
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

ange1us Posted at 2018-3-6 07:19
Wow , I live in Thailand, and never notice my country have amazing view . Great Footage !!

I love the real Thailand, i.e. away from tourist infested places like Phuket and Pataya. I've been to Bangkok half a dozen times and it continues to surprise and delight. Best food in the world! Love Chiang Mai, Ayutthaya, Kwai Yai, Soppong, and Amphawa (mid-week). If I had to live somewhere apart from Australia, Thailand would be firmly in the mix!
2018-3-6
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

rikk08 Posted at 2018-3-6 05:13
Thank you!! You will definitely see more. Subscirbe to my YouTube channel if you'd like as I'm working on a New Zealand travel video (but well I didn't have a drone with me at the time so I won't post it here). After that one I'll start working on a drone reel with all the footage I've shot in the past year!

Hey Eric, just subscribed. Looking forward to your new content, Cheers mate
2018-3-6
Use props
superjk
lvl.1

Hong Kong

how difficult was it to get the drone registered in Thailand ??
2018-3-6
Use props
rikk08
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

superjk Posted at 2018-3-6 23:14
how difficult was it to get the drone registered in Thailand ??

I did it through a local company so ended up paying a bit more but it was super easy to get as they handled everything for me
2018-3-7
Use props
rikk08
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-6 09:43
Yeah it comes down to generations, when you traveled and how old you are. I traveled 1998-2008, right when I finished university and traveled to, and lived in, two European countries, I trekked Africa, Peru, Southeast Asia, did safari, backpacked all throughout Europe, and lived in New York City. Today, I rarely leave my house because I've seen and done all that, one caveat - without a drone :-(.

ahah yeah that's unfortunate as the more time goes by the more technology is advancing. Sounds like an awesome trip though, how long did you trek for in Africa & Peru? I'm going to Africa again later this year and Peru is definitely on my list. I haven't been everywhere but it's on my list ;)
2018-3-7
Use props
rikk08
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

B1houdini Posted at 2018-3-6 10:19
You are right about the changes .

Today it is mostly a jungle where it once was my home for those years.

Thank you, much appreciated
2018-3-7
Use props
rikk08
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

forbsie Posted at 2018-3-6 18:12
I love the real Thailand, i.e. away from tourist infested places like Phuket and Pataya. I've been to Bangkok half a dozen times and it continues to surprise and delight. Best food in the world! Love Chiang Mai, Ayutthaya, Kwai Yai, Soppong, and Amphawa (mid-week). If I had to live somewhere apart from Australia, Thailand would be firmly in the mix!

agreed!! I was in Phuket for less than 24hours and it didn't even go anywhere close to Pataya for obvious reason. Next time I visit, I'd love to explore more north like Chian Rai and other places I haven't been to yet. Was in Australia for a whole year about 2 years ago and what can I say - loved it there too, the people and the whole continent. I did a road trip with my first ever 4x4 from Meblourne up the east coast and back down to Melbourne through the red center. Tasmania was probably my second favourite thing about Australia though, soo beautiful.
2018-3-7
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

rikk08 Posted at 2018-3-7 07:15
ahah yeah that's unfortunate as the more time goes by the more technology is advancing. Sounds like an awesome trip though, how long did you trek for in Africa & Peru? I'm going to Africa again later this year and Peru is definitely on my list. I haven't been everywhere but it's on my list ;)

I spent 5 weeks in Africa climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro and doing safari in the Serengeti. I think Peru was a little bit more than 1 week trekking Machu Picchu. This was all back when I was in my 20s, today I'm in my 40s, so don't have the same energy level but it was sure fun back then.
2018-3-7
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

rikk08 Posted at 2018-3-7 07:20
agreed!! I was in Phuket for less than 24hours and it didn't even go anywhere close to Pataya for obvious reason. Next time I visit, I'd love to explore more north like Chian Rai and other places I haven't been to yet. Was in Australia for a whole year about 2 years ago and what can I say - loved it there too, the people and the whole continent. I did a road trip with my first ever 4x4 from Meblourne up the east coast and back down to Melbourne through the red center. Tasmania was probably my second favourite thing about Australia though, soo beautiful.

Hi Eric, I live in Melbourne, it is a great place to live, but I have to agree Tasmania has way more to offer scenically
2018-3-7
Use props
rikk08
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-7 07:52
I spent 5 weeks in Africa climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro and doing safari in the Serengeti. I think Peru was a little bit more than 1 week trekking Machu Picchu. This was all back when I was in my 20s, today I'm in my 40s, so don't have the same energy level but it was sure fun back then.

haha I'm sure you enjoyed your 20s to the fullest though. Trekking Kilimanjaro is surely not for the fainthearted. I've only seen it from Tsavo National park but would be interesting to climb..how much weeks of training did you do before?
2018-3-7
Use props
rikk08
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

forbsie Posted at 2018-3-7 13:19
Hi Eric, I live in Melbourne, it is a great place to live, but I have to agree Tasmania has way more to offer scenically

I'm not a city person but I have to say Melbourne was my favourite city by far. Lived there for 4 months and only spent a week in Sydney and I felt like it was enough. There's so much going on every night/day, it's such a lively multi cultured city. Used to live in Craigieburn, about 40minutes out.
2018-3-7
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

rikk08 Posted at 2018-3-7 13:52
haha I'm sure you enjoyed your 20s to the fullest though. Trekking Kilimanjaro is surely not for the fainthearted. I've only seen it from Tsavo National park but would be interesting to climb..how much weeks of training did you do before?

The climb itself wasn't the difficult part, it was the altitude. Any fit person can handle the difficultly, it was straight forward. I did enjoy my 20s :-)
2018-3-7
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

rikk08 Posted at 2018-3-5 07:37
Thanks, appreciate your comment.

Edited with Adobe Premiere Pro (2017)

It is a good program.
2018-3-7
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

rikk08 Posted at 2018-3-7 13:54
I'm not a city person but I have to say Melbourne was my favourite city by far. Lived there for 4 months and only spent a week in Sydney and I felt like it was enough. There's so much going on every night/day, it's such a lively multi cultured city. Used to live in Craigieburn, about 40minutes out.

I'm the other side, down by the bay. It is a great city (I'm a little biased though), great food, entertainment and pretty safe
2018-3-7
Use props
AESTHETIC VIEWS
lvl.2
United States

Excellent
2018-3-7
Use props
eddy chung
New
Flight distance : 557165 ft

Taiwan

dji mavic pro 產品再次出現嚴種瑕疵:本人空拍機在返航時突然失去連線造成空拍機遺失,根據當時返航電量還有21%電力及衛星訊號還有19顆的狀態下,在距離返航起始點905公尺的距離突然失去訊號導致空拍機遺失, 在返航飛行的途中訊號回傳並無任何異常,也沒有電池訊號異常狀況,螺旋漿也持續正常運狀,就在回航中突然出現整個手機螢幕斷訊遙控器也無法作動的情況下失去了空拍機. 特別發出此信函通知貴公司申請客訴處理.以下提供DJI帳號及密碼,已上傳飛行紀錄佐證當時情況.
大疆處理小組卻將空拍機遺失歸咎於使用者因素造成,那接下來是否每台空拍機如有類似狀況造成遺失,都直接切割責任歸屬,總公司對產品完全不用負起任何責任.這個樣子客服及問題處理方式值得讓消費者重新思考該公司的產品,能否還能取得消費者信任
2018-3-7
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

rikk08 Posted at 2018-3-7 03:34
I did it through a local company so ended up paying a bit more but it was super easy to get as they handled everything for me

Hi rikk08, thanks for sharing, really very nice and interesting. Thailand was (?) on my wishlist until I read they don't accept/allow drones. Could you please be more specific about the drone registration process, or provide the contact info of the company you used for registering ? I know it's a very nice destination country, but without the drone, will downgrade it on my ranking list. I've been instead in Namibia and Peru, in the first one laws had changed since I flown my drone there, now one must have a drone insurance which is not quite cheap, but still a very interesting destination, one of my favorites. National parks it not allowed, but there are plenty of empty spaces where to get fantastic footage. Erindi game reserve is where you can have your own (paying) drone safari and see plenty of animals.
Peru is also amazing, you can't fly Machu Picchu, a very expensive and hugely crowded destination, but a must once being in Peru. There are many other places to fly that country, Amazon river and the rainforest being my favorites and among the most inspiring ones.
2018-3-8
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Great job - wonderful places, very good editing - Bravo!
2018-3-8
Use props
rikk08
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

alex_markov Posted at 2018-3-8 00:37
Great job - wonderful places, very good editing - Bravo!

Thank you and thanks for the subscribe, I've got a lot more similar/travel videos coming up ;)
2018-3-8
Use props
rikk08
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

forbsie Posted at 2018-3-7 17:33
I'm the other side, down by the bay. It is a great city (I'm a little biased though), great food, entertainment and pretty safe

Agreed!! And yeah the food is to die for there, so many different cousins too.
2018-3-8
Use props
rikk08
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

eddy chung Posted at 2018-3-7 23:53
dji mavic pro 產品再次出現嚴種瑕疵:本人空拍機在返航時突然失去連線造成空拍機遺失,根據當時返航電量還有21%電力及衛星訊號還有19顆的狀態下,在距離返航起始點905公尺的距離突然失去訊號導致空拍機遺失, 在返航飛行的途中訊號回傳並無任何異常,也沒有電池訊號異常狀況,螺旋漿也持續正常運狀,就在回航中突然出現整個手機螢幕斷訊遙控器也無法作動的情況下失去了空拍機. 特別發出此信函通知貴公司申請客訴處理.以下提供DJI帳號及密碼,已上傳飛行紀錄佐證當時情況.[view_image]
大疆處理小組卻將空拍機遺失歸咎於使用者因素造成,那接下來是否每台空拍機如有類似狀況造成遺失,都直接切割責任歸屬,總公司對產品完全不用負起任何責任.這個樣子客服及問題處理方式值得讓消費者重新思考該公司的產品,能否還能取得消費者信任

sorry I don't understand anything you're saying..could you please translate to English?
2018-3-8
Use props
rikk08
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

15matjan Posted at 2018-3-8 00:20
Hi rikk08, thanks for sharing, really very nice and interesting. Thailand was (?) on my wishlist until I read they don't accept/allow drones. Could you please be more specific about the drone registration process, or provide the contact info of the company you used for registering ? I know it's a very nice destination country, but without the drone, will downgrade it on my ranking list. I've been instead in Namibia and Peru, in the first one laws had changed since I flown my drone there, now one must have a drone insurance which is not quite cheap, but still a very interesting destination, one of my favorites. National parks it not allowed, but there are plenty of empty spaces where to get fantastic footage. Erindi game reserve is where you can have your own (paying) drone safari and see plenty of animals.
Peru is also amazing, you can't fly Machu Picchu, a very expensive and hugely crowded destination, but a must once being in Peru. There are many other places to fly that country, Amazon river and the rainforest being my favorites and among the most inspiring ones.

Have to agree with you. I'm slowly starting to rank countries I'd like to go to next by the drone allowance factors too. The company that I applied with is called 'Drone Thai Insure' - find them on facebook. I just filled out 3 forms and that was it. Costed me about 4,500 baht which is roughly $150 - but expensive but worth it in my opinion. Includes drone insurance for a year and a valid CAAT permit for 2 years. The guy there was extremely helpful, he does drone training and he even has enough parts to fix drone (in case of an accident).

Please tell me more about Namibia!! It's actualy most probably my next big destination..Peru is also on my list but I should be booking flights to Namibia soon, soo excited. Do I really need to have the drone insured now? How long were you there for? (I'd love to see any photos/videos that you took)
2018-3-8
Use props
DocAraxá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Awesome place, video and music.
Congrats!
2018-3-8
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the tour, beautiful country
2018-3-8
Use props
rikk08
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

DocAraxá Posted at 2018-3-8 02:40
Awesome place, video and music.
Congrats!

Thank you
2018-3-8
Use props
rikk08
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-3-8 04:17
Thanks for the tour, beautiful country

It is indeed! Thanks for the comment.
2018-3-8
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

rikk08 Posted at 2018-3-8 05:54
It is indeed! Thanks for the comment.

You are most welcome.
2018-3-8
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

rikk08 Posted at 2018-3-8 02:15
Have to agree with you. I'm slowly starting to rank countries I'd like to go to next by the drone allowance factors too. The company that I applied with is called 'Drone Thai Insure' - find them on facebook. I just filled out 3 forms and that was it. Costed me about 4,500 baht which is roughly $150 - but expensive but worth it in my opinion. Includes drone insurance for a year and a valid CAAT permit for 2 years. The guy there was extremely helpful, he does drone training and he even has enough parts to fix drone (in case of an accident).

Please tell me more about Namibia!! It's actualy most probably my next big destination..Peru is also on my list but I should be booking flights to Namibia soon, soo excited. Do I really need to have the drone insured now? How long were you there for? (I'd love to see any photos/videos that you took)

Hi Eric, thanks for the info, very useful, I'll put Thailand on my wishlist back again
As for Namibia, I went there in 2016, a 4x4 self drive over the country, almost 5000km in 18 days, was really a very enriching experience. At that time it was allowed to fly drones, except for national parks  (plenty of rangers and park guards to chase the dronners, but less the hellies flying really, reaaaally down...). As far I I know things had changed, you have to ask 60 days before for a written permit on the Namibian Civil Aviation Authority. All the required steps on their site : Oficial Namibian drone regulations
If you need insurance, I know this company offers a global insurance starting from... €300
http://drone-insurance.com/#. So far this is the cheapest global, non-commercial drone insurance I managed to find out.
That makes Nam quite opaque and closed to flying drones.Same situation in Botswana but more relaxed in SA.
Pictures of my travel here : https://www.flickr.com/photos/100780669@N07/albums
Drone videos on my channel:
Raw videos, almost unedited, no color grading, were my very first drone videos filmed with a P3A almost out of the box ...
In case you need any information about routes in Nam, spots, lodging, places to see, etc., etc. feel free to pm me and ask for more. A very useful guide to Nam for me was Bradt's guide to Namibia 5th edition of Chris McIntyre.

2018-3-8
Use props
rikk08
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

15matjan Posted at 2018-3-8 08:27
Hi Eric, thanks for the info, very useful, I'll put Thailand on my wishlist back again
As for Namibia, I went there in 2016, a 4x4 self drive over the country, almost 5000km in 18 days, was really a very enriching experience. At that time it was allowed to fly drones, except for national parks  (plenty of rangers and park guards to chase the dronners, but less the hellies flying really, reaaaally down...). As far I I know things had changed, you have to ask 60 days before for a written permit on the Namibian Civil Aviation Authority. All the required steps on their site : Oficial Namibian drone regulations
If you need insurance, I know this company offers a global insurance starting from... €300  

No problem, let me know if you and additional info about Thailand, I'd be happy to help mate! Thank you so much for the tips about Namibia, I email them and they got back to me straight away, premit costs 80eur now + insurance :/ will definitely apply way beforehand as it would be a pity to go to Namibia and not take or be able to fly the mavic there. Thinking about hiring a 4x4 too (for obvious reason) and I've got around 15/16 full days for an epic road trip..not enough days for sure but my friend can't stay for longer. I really enjoyed your photos and watching the raw videos - makes me way more excited about the trip thanks! I will definitely send you a pm for more details ;)
2018-3-8
Use props
DEUCEDOG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2501575 ft
United Kingdom

Nice
2018-3-8
Use props
rikk08
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

Thank you
2018-3-8
Use props
ewanm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18786 ft
United Kingdom

I nearly wrote F&&&&, that is a stunning piece of cinematic excelence. I am deffo subscribing to your Youtube Channel.
2018-3-8
Use props
rikk08
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

ewanm Posted at 2018-3-8 12:52
I nearly wrote F&&&&, that is a stunning piece of cinematic excelence. I am deffo subscribing to your Youtube Channel.

hahah this comment made my day! Thank you, I've got a lot more cinematic content waiting to edited soon ;)
2018-3-8
Use props
Spacetrakker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 115384 ft
Australia

Great video shots. Well done. Enjoyed watching. Not sure if you're looking for critique but I felt a few "fade transitions" between scenes may have provided some interesting variations for the viewer. But, no big deal....I loved the content.
Cheers Happy shooting!
2018-3-8
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules