2860 72 2018-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyinMajic2day
lvl.3
Flight distance : 361552 ft
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-22 02:56
You are welcome. Please contact us if you have any doubt.

So I am having an another issue going on with the 2nd replacement Spark you have sent me...pretty bummed. It has a drift as bad as a 3 foot distance. I wanted to do some thorough testing just to make sure and it is not operating properly...FW updates via DJI assistant 4 times...calibrated IMU several times(2 times it failed on 2nd step of calibration). Compass calibration 3 times...calibrated RC 1 time...this is my second refurbished sent by DJI as first one was defective....I am starting to think that this one could have some issues too....also, the motors fluctuate a lot (they do not hold steady). I have been testing in my area that I always fly, normally 12-16 satellites and of course low to no wind, anywhere from 12-125 ft heights. Any thoughts or suggestions on this?  I only mention/ask this because my first Spark (that I crashed) did not behave like this at all. It was very smooth and would compensate enough to stay in place (properly hover). It would do this 100% of the time. My current Spark is a 50-50 shot. Sometimes it behaves, other times it does not. The case # is CAS-1509809-Z7G1T0 Please advise me on what to do. Thank you for your time.
2018-3-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans41163b22 Posted at 2018-3-22 00:20
Thank you, the case number is the still active: CAS-1531699-H9Y9W9

Per the case number you offered, it is a warranty case. You can also check the case status from here: https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace We will send you the tracking number as long as the package shipped.
2018-3-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

FlyinMajic2day Posted at 2018-3-23 09:17
So I am having an another issue going on with the 2nd replacement Spark you have sent me...pretty bummed. It has a drift as bad as a 3 foot distance. I wanted to do some thorough testing just to make sure and it is not operating properly...FW updates via DJI assistant 4 times...calibrated IMU several times(2 times it failed on 2nd step of calibration). Compass calibration 3 times...calibrated RC 1 time...this is my second refurbished sent by DJI as first one was defective....I am starting to think that this one could have some issues too....also, the motors fluctuate a lot (they do not hold steady). I have been testing in my area that I always fly, normally 12-16 satellites and of course low to no wind, anywhere from 12-125 ft heights. Any thoughts or suggestions on this?  I only mention/ask this because my first Spark (that I crashed) did not behave like this at all. It was very smooth and would compensate enough to stay in place (properly hover). It would do this 100% of the time. My current Spark is a 50-50 shot. Sometimes it behaves, other times it does not. The case # is CAS-1509809-Z7G1T0 Please advise me on what to do. Thank you for your time.

Sorry about this. Would you mind uploading some issue videos for better assistance? We'd like to check the exact status and guide you the further steps.
2018-3-23
Use props
FlyinMajic2day
lvl.3
United States

DJI Susan, thank you for the assistance with this. I would rather just send back and let the engineers take a look at this. Definitely has some issues going on and to truly experience it, you need to be the one operating the Remote Control to see it in action. It is too erratic for a DJI product... I have spent enough time on my end with this. I will go through the appropriate process to open a new case and reference this case. I will keep you updated on the progress. Thank u again for your time.
2018-3-24
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

FlyinMajic2day Posted at 2018-3-24 06:12
DJI Susan, thank you for the assistance with this. I would rather just send back and let the engineers take a look at this. Definitely has some issues going on and to truly experience it, you need to be the one operating the Remote Control to see it in action. It is too erratic for a DJI product... I have spent enough time on my end with this. I will go through the appropriate process to open a new case and reference this case. I will keep you updated on the progress. Thank u again for your time.

We'd like to hear your update about the situation. Please contact us if you need any help and please post your case number when you get one. We will try our best to help you solve this. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-24
Use props
FlyinMajic2day
lvl.3
United States

Shipped out today, Grapevine TX. Hopefully 3rd time will be a charm, fingers X....wait another 2-3 weeks.
2018-3-28
Use props
fans41163b22
lvl.1
Sweden

FlyinMajic2day Posted at 2018-3-28 08:41
Shipped out today, Grapevine TX. Hopefully 3rd time will be a charm, fingers X....wait another 2-3 weeks.

Getting mine tomorrow! As you said, third time, fingers crossed!
2018-3-28
Use props
FlyinMajic2day
lvl.3
United States

fans41163b22 Posted at 2018-3-28 10:25
Getting mine tomorrow! As you said, third time, fingers crossed!

Fingers crossed for you! Hasn't been a fun experience unfortunately but I crashed my drone to begin with....sure do miss my Spark though....it flew flawless. Keep me updated on how your replacement is. Good luck n Happy Flying I hope
2018-3-28
Use props
FlyinMajic2day
lvl.3
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-24 20:14
We'd like to hear your update about the situation. Please contact us if you need any help and please post your case number when you get one. We will try our best to help you solve this. Thanks for your support.

Thank U! Case #CAS-1599062-Y6N6Q5
They are just receiving it today.
2018-4-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

FlyinMajic2day Posted at 2018-4-2 08:35
Thank U! Case #CAS-1599062-Y6N6Q5
They are just receiving it today.

Thanks for the case number, the package has arrived in the facility, it is waiting for being checked-in to your system, we will send you email about every step, thanks for your patience.
2018-4-2
Use props
FlyinMajic2day
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-2 19:18
Thanks for the case number, the package has arrived in the facility, it is waiting for being checked-in to your system, we will send you email about every step, thanks for your patience.

So it seems that the aircraft main board and coaxial cable to the gimbal will need replacing. I did not think that I was loosing my mind.....that little Spark was doing some crazy stuff when it wanted too....so I will now be receiving my third replacement. ---PLEASE--- if there are any DRONE GODS (praying), let it work like my original SPARK did out of the box....
2018-4-3
Use props
FlyinMajic2day
lvl.3
United States

Maybe I can even get it on Friday with overnight mail since this is the 3rd replacement now, maybe just wishful thinking...
2018-4-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

FlyinMajic2day Posted at 2018-4-3 14:40
Maybe I can even get it on Friday with overnight mail since this is the 3rd replacement now, maybe just wishful thinking...

Your request will be transferred. We are not able to promise that you can get the drone on Friday but we sincerely hope that you can receive the drone back soon.
2018-4-3
Use props
FlyinMajic2day
lvl.3
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-3 20:31
Your request will be transferred. We are not able to promise that you can get the drone on Friday but we sincerely hope that you can receive the drone back soon.

Thank You, I do appreciate everyone's time on this.
2018-4-4
Use props
FlyinMajic2day
lvl.3
United States

3rd Refurbished Spark on the way for me to test.......Fun? Is the 3rd time going to be a charm? Are the DRONE GODS listening? Will this be any different from the first two replacement Sparks I received that were tested and stamped with DJI Quality Assurance? My first Spark was 4 weeks old, beautiful, flawless, quiet, and flew outstanding.... until I slammed it into a wall, stinks for me....patience please......I have to keep reminding myself....in the meantime, let me go break other stuff and fix since that is what I do best.....

2018-4-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

FlyinMajic2day Posted at 2018-4-5 08:06
3rd Refurbished Spark on the way for me to test.......Fun? Is the 3rd time going to be a charm? Are the DRONE GODS listening?  Will this be any different from the first two replacement Sparks I received that were tested and stamped with DJI Quality Assurance? My first Spark was 4 weeks old, beautiful, flawless, quiet, and flew outstanding.... until I slammed it into a wall, stinks for me....patience please......I have to keep reminding myself....in the meantime, let me go break other stuff and fix since that is what I do best.....

Yep, the new package is already on the way, please take some time to check the performance and let us know whether it works well. Again, we appreciate your patience and support.
2018-4-6
Use props
FlyinMajic2day
lvl.3
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-6 02:12
Yep, the new package is already on the way, please take some time to check the performance and let us know whether it works well. Again, we appreciate your patience and support.

Thank You! I just received the Spark and visual inspection is beautiful. Having good vibes that this one will be flawless like my first one. Big shout out to you and the other mods for the great service and follow through on my care refresh progress. I will keep you posted on how it performs - fingers X
2018-4-6
Use props
FlyinMajic2day
lvl.3
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-3 20:31
Your request will be transferred. We are not able to promise that you can get the drone on Friday but we sincerely hope that you can receive the drone back soon.

A BIG THANK YOU I actually received my replacement T-O-D-A-Y (overnight shipping) and hoping all goes well as I thoroughly test my Spark over the next several days. Please let the crew in Grapevine TX know that I send big props and a Thank You. The customer service and process has been exceptional - I know I have received some faulty drones (last 2 - it happens) but the customer service has been top notch.
2018-4-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

FlyinMajic2day Posted at 2018-4-6 07:09
A BIG THANK YOU  I actually received my replacement T-O-D-A-Y (overnight shipping) and hoping all goes well as I thoroughly test my Spark over the next several days. Please let the crew in Grapevine TX know that I send big props and a Thank You. The customer service and process has been exceptional - I know I have received some faulty drones (last 2 - it happens) but the customer service has been top notch.

We are pleased to hear everything has been resolved, wish you have a nice time on flying the drone.
2018-4-6
Use props
FlyinMajic2day
lvl.3
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-6 19:14
We are pleased to hear everything has been resolved, wish you have a nice time on flying the drone.

Hi DJI Susan or anyone else who might be able to help, not sure if everything has been resolved....maybe I should just go bite the bullet and by a new Spark just to compare....I will say that this 3rd refurbished Spark you have sent me was the best so far right out of the box except the camera had black lines and green clouds at first with a serious lag from Spark to my iOS device....the gimbal when moved down would still be displaying the straight ahead image (strange and weird). I reset camera twice and it started responding better. First flight, the Spark had some major drifting  so I shut down. I had excellent readings on my compass and IMU though before taking off. Camera was still goofy too so I refreshed firmware via usb and reset camera again. I turned Spark off for a bit to cool down before doing an IMU calibration. I calibrated IMU and began the next test flight. The Spark was behaving like it should and flew much better EXCEPT I had this wave? / pulse? every 2-3 seconds on my video feed (link below). I had this with all the test videos I created so far with this Spark and do not have this with any of my other videos from previous Sparks...
( I have to test thoroughly with everything I have been through)
The pictures were fine. I am running iOS 11.3 on iPhone X and everything DJI is updated(RC,Spark,batteries). Any thoughts on this from anyone??? I did a bunch of reading but seem to not be able to find my answers. Thanks for any assistance. The camera seems to be the only issue I am dealing with at this time....go figure, lol, the most important with aerial photography...

2018-4-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

FlyinMajic2day Posted at 2018-4-9 11:37
Hi DJI Susan or anyone else who might be able to help, not sure if everything has been resolved....maybe I should just go bite the bullet and by a new Spark just to compare....I will say that this 3rd refurbished Spark you have sent me was the best so far right out of the box except the camera had black lines and green clouds at first with a serious lag from Spark to my iOS device....the gimbal when moved down would still be displaying the straight ahead image (strange and weird). I reset camera twice and it started responding better. First flight, the Spark had some major drifting  so I shut down. I had excellent readings on my compass and IMU though before taking off. Camera was still goofy too so I refreshed firmware via usb and reset camera again. I turned Spark off for a bit to cool down before doing an IMU calibration. I calibrated IMU and began the next test flight. The Spark was behaving like it should and flew much better EXCEPT I had this wave? / pulse? every 2-3 seconds on my video feed (link below). I had this with all the test videos I created so far with this Spark and do not have this with any of my other videos from previous Sparks...
( I have to test thoroughly with everything I have been through)
The pictures were fine. I am running iOS 11.3 on iPhone X and everything DJI is updated(RC,Spark,batteries). Any thoughts on this from anyone??? I did a bunch of reading but seem to not be able to find my answers. Thanks for any assistance. The camera seems to be the only issue I am dealing with at this time....go figure, lol, the most important with aerial photography...

Sorry to know there is still issue with the replacement, just to verify, does the original video in SD card work fine?
If the issue just happens to live feed, please make sure there is no Bluetooth device around such as Bluetooth watch, etc.
Please check whether the 5.8 GHz frequency brand is used. The interference will be small.
Please try different mobile device and flying environment to see if the issue persists.
2018-4-9
Use props
FlyinMajic2day
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-9 19:18
Sorry to know there is still issue with the replacement, just to verify, does the original video in SD card work fine?
If the issue just happens to live feed, please make sure there is no Bluetooth device around such as Bluetooth watch, etc.
Please check whether the 5.8 GHz frequency brand is used. The interference will be small.

Thank you Mindy, the issue is with the cache video side (720), SD video looks fine. I just did not have this issue with the other Sparks on the cached video side while testing in the same areas. I have no bluetooth devices around me when flying but I will verify the frequency band being used. Let me do some more testing over the next few days to see if the issue still persists. Thank you for your time and keep you posted on my results.
2018-4-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

FlyinMajic2day Posted at 2018-4-10 04:14
Thank you Mindy, the issue is with the cache video side (720), SD video looks fine. I just did not have this issue with the other Sparks on the cached video side while testing in the same areas. I have no bluetooth devices around me when flying but I will verify the frequency band being used. Let me do some more testing over the next few days to see if the issue still persists. Thank you for your time and keep you posted on my results.

From your description, it seems that the problem was not caused by environment. If so, please export the flight data and the black box throught DJI Assistant 2 and upload it to the dropbox or google. Then you can post the link here so we can locate the problem. Thanks for your cooperation.
2018-4-10
Use props
FlyinMajic2day
lvl.3
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-10 07:47
From your description, it seems that the problem was not caused by environment. If so, please export the flight data and the black box throught DJI Assistant 2 and upload it to the dropbox or google. Then you can post the link here so we can locate the problem. Thanks for your cooperation.

Ok, sounds good. I will get it uploaded this evening for you to look at and review. Thank u for your time on this.
2018-4-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

FlyinMajic2day Posted at 2018-4-10 07:54
Ok, sounds good. I will get it uploaded this evening for you to look at and review. Thank u for your time on this.

You are welcome. Please keep us updated.
2018-4-10
Use props
FlyinMajic2day
lvl.3
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-10 07:47

Thanks for the patience as I was having issues on the Mac side, I was able to successfully export on my Windows 10 bootcamp though. Let me know if you need anything else and thanks again for taking the time to review. I have not been able to do anymore testing due to timing and weather but hope to do some today.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nofnq ... a6eln9YUEdjGoa?dl=0
2018-4-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

FlyinMajic2day Posted at 2018-4-12 06:31
Thanks for the patience as I was having issues on the Mac side, I was able to successfully export on my Windows 10 bootcamp though. Let me know if you need anything else and thanks again for taking the time to review. I have not been able to do anymore testing due to timing and weather but hope to do some today.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nofnq85snpaw9so/AADKEvg7hMXa6eln9YUEdjGoa?dl=0

Thanks for your update, you mentioned above that the image had black lines and green clouds at first. Can you provide us this cache file?
2018-4-13
Use props
FlyinMajic2day
lvl.3
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-13 00:47
Thanks for your update, you mentioned above that the image had black lines and green clouds at first. Can you provide us this cache file?

This was the case when I turned the Spark on for the very first time after opening the box. The image had black lines, green artifacts, serious lag and gimbal was not functioning properly....which I did not like since I just received this from DJI (I do not have a video cache of this as I was not recording but setting up this Spark for the very first time). So, I refreshed FW via DJI assistant and reset camera.....after doing this, the image and gimbal were working better...I just should not have to do this after receiving a product that has supposedly already been tested?  Now, I have a pulse every 2-3 seconds on my video cache...which is not right (see above). I have not been able to do more flights/testing due to timing/weather/winds....but, I will be able to fly the Spark over the next 3 days and will keep you posted on the end results. Thank you again for your time and assistance.
2018-4-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

FlyinMajic2day Posted at 2018-4-13 05:13
This was the case when I turned the Spark on for the very first time after opening the box. The image had black lines, green artifacts, serious lag and gimbal was not functioning properly....which I did not like since I just received this from DJI (I do not have a video cache of this as I was not recording but setting up this Spark for the very first time). So, I refreshed FW via DJI assistant and reset camera.....after doing this, the image and gimbal were working better...I just should not have to do this after receiving a product that has supposedly already been tested?  Now, I have a pulse every 2-3 seconds on my video cache...which is not right (see above). I have not been able to do more flights/testing due to timing/weather/winds....but, I will be able to fly the Spark over the next 3 days and will keep you posted on the end results. Thank you again for your time and assistance.

You are welcome. What about the image of your video now? Please provide us the video with error so we can have further check.
2018-4-24
Use props
FlyinMajic2day
lvl.3
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-24 00:37
You are welcome. What about the image of your video now? Please provide us the video with error so we can have further check.

Haven't been able to fly much due to weather and timing but with what little flying I have done, image is still the same as above video posted via Youtube...I still have a pulse every 2-3 seconds with video feed. Definitely something not right...just haven't had a chance to file another report with DJI....super bummed as this is now the fourth attempt with DJI Care Refresh Replacement Spark. I obviously am not having one bit of luck with this, especially since others have received a replacement that works properly.
2018-4-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

FlyinMajic2day Posted at 2018-4-24 06:24
Haven't been able to fly much due to weather and timing but with what little flying I have done, image is still the same as above video posted via Youtube...I still have a pulse every 2-3 seconds with video feed. Definitely something not right...just haven't had a chance to file another report with DJI....super bummed as this is now the fourth attempt with DJI Care Refresh Replacement Spark. I obviously am not having one bit of luck with this, especially since others have received a replacement that works properly.

Flyin, just to verify one thing, did you try other places? Please try to avoid flying in the place with so many green trees or other green staff since the sensor may fail to process these image, please test if the issue persists in other places, thank you.
2018-4-24
Use props
FlyinMajic2day
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-24 20:16
Flyin, just to verify one thing, did you try other places? Please try to avoid flying in the place with so many green trees or other green staff since the sensor may fail to process these image, please test if the issue persists in other places, thank you.

Yes, I tried other areas and the problem still exists. Also noticed while using camera last time,  that the screen would flash black and white with no image, I immediately flew the Spark Home (Manually). I turned everything off then on, the problem had stopped...weird....I will start trying to screen record on my iPhone and share with you. Haven't been able to fly in a few days.
2018-4-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

FlyinMajic2day Posted at 2018-4-26 09:52
Yes, I tried other areas and the problem still exists. Also noticed while using camera last time,  that the screen would flash black and white with no image, I immediately flew the Spark Home (Manually). I turned everything off then on, the problem had stopped...weird....I will start trying to screen record on my iPhone and share with you. Haven't been able to fly in a few days.

Flyin, we still would like a short footage with less texture for further analysis just in case the drone was sent in but no issue is found, thanks for your understanding.
2018-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules